The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Evenflow by Pearl Jam

Oh man, awesome. That and "Do the Evolution" are the only two Pearl Jam songs I would ever want to play in Guitar Hero and everything.

Well, my previously mentioned fears have been greatly lessened. Not sure I feel about the whole 'crackling with electricity during star power' thing. If every character, or every venue, has a unique star power effect, that'd be cool. But if that happens every time you use star power, seems like it'd be kinda lame.

Well, my previously mentioned fears have been greatly lessened. Not sure I feel about the whole 'crackling with electricity during star power' thing. If every character, or every venue, has a unique star power effect, that'd be cool. But if that happens every time you use star power, seems like it'd be kinda lame.

Crackling with electricity is lame but having flaming hands when you have the 4X multiplier isn't?

I finally got past the section from hell on GH2 this week (Madhouse/Carry Me Home/Laid To Rest/Psychobilly Freakout). After being stuck on it for months, I go on to breeze right through to Freebird, which kicked my ass 62% into the song. Gayness. There is no way in hell I will ever 5 star these, let alone get gold stars. Too hard :(

GH1 was better for level of difficulty. Granted, I never got past No One Knows on expert, but at least I had a chance. It took me about an hour to clear Woman on expert on GH2. I wouldn't mind so much, but the only way to unlock some stuff is by going through on expert.

I just beat Hard yesterday... that made me feel pretty good about myself. I'm trying to get five stars, but there's no way in hell that's gonna happen. I can barely get 3 stars on most of these, I think it's because I can't double strum.

Then I tried to play "Dead" on Expert in Quick Play and suddenly no longer felt good about myself. Jesus Christ.

Edited by Zero

I keep forgetting to try and unlock stuff on GH2. When I first bought it I cleared out all the difficulties and was 3 songs away from having 5 starred every song on Easy, Medium, and Hard. Expert will be a bitch, especially Freebird, but I'll use practice like I did last time and hopefully beat it(beat it 3 times last time around.)

For Hard, I couldn't get 5 stars on Psychobilly, Carry me Home, or Institutionalized. Damn patterns and whatnot!

I just beat Hard yesterday... that made me feel pretty good about myself. I'm trying to get five stars, but there's no way in hell that's gonna happen. I can barely get 3 stars on most of these, I think it's because I can't double strum.

Then I tried to play "Dead" on Expert in Quick Play and suddenly no longer felt good about myself. Jesus Christ.

What was the name of that PC game you can download that is like Guitar Hero, Frets of Fire or something?

I need my Guitar Hero type fix, but i broke my guitar controller ( :( ) and I'm saving up for the 360 version so i can't be bothered to buy another PS2 controller

it is, indeed called frets on fire. I wouldn't bother with it if you don't have a USB converter for a PS2 controller and a guitar. It's really really akward trying to play with the keyboard, plus a lot of keyboards(like my own) won't register 4 or more keys held down at once(3-button chords, plus the strum button), plus a lot of the songs I've seen for it are ridiculously hard. Like version of Paranoid by Black Sabbath I saw where the note that repeats throughout most of the song was a 4-button chord played at twice the tempo of the actual song.

Rumored new songs for Rocks the 80s from the back of a pre-order display case box.

Wrathchild by Iron Maiden

Caught in a Mosh by Anthrax

No One Like You by Scorpions

Turning Japanese by The Vapors

Hold on Loosely by .38 Special

Seventeen by Winger

Here is the pics of the box:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Jos...-08-07_2053.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Jos...-08-07_2054.jpg

Also White Lion's cover of "Radar Love" has been confirmed from worthplaying.com's preview.