The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Well was gonna go pick this up today, but none of the stores near me have any copies left, blah

Part of the reason is the defective whammy bars, I think. A lot of people returned before they realized it was a software problem and I think they're holding off on shipping more in case any more problems spring up. I was at Gamestop yesterday to return my guitar (my whammy bar squeaks like a hooker's bed) and they told me that they haven't gotten anything since the initial shipment.

On the subject of whammy bars, how do people use theirs? I personally find it easiest to have it pointing outwards so I can slip my hand underneath it and push up, while everyone else I've played it with has the standard pointing inwards method so they just push it in. I can't do it that way, the bar gets in my way.

I have the bar "inward" like on an actual guitar. I would do it like you have to do with a guitar in real life and flip it out until necessary, but I find that it doesn't move too well so I just keep it in one spot since I find myself using it frequently anyways.

If they did have Metallica, Zeppelin and AC/DC, it would be highly unlikey, but here's what I'd like:

AC/DC - "Moneytalks"

Led Zeppelin - In The Evening (I'd actually like "In My Time of Dying" more, but I have no idea how they'd make it work with all the slide guitar.)

Metallica - Metal Militia, Ronnie, Dyers Eve, Outlaw Torn, and Master of Puppets for the encore...Yes, I think they should have their own tier.

One thing that I don't really like about the game thus far is the tremolo system. It's quite fun to mash the bar as fast as possible, but it's a little silly the sound it produces sometimes - especially when the note's waahed anyway. It would be nice to see some kind of system in GH3 where you're responsible for getting exactly the right sound from the note, though I'm not sure how easy that'd be.

Metal Militia would be quality. I can't see it happening though because Metallica are so fussy with copyrights and licensing, the cunts.

Metallica's damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they license their music out, they're "sell-outs," if they don't they're "cunts." Metallica has always been protective of their music from day one, it's their right.

EDIT

Although, after thinking about it, they could get a song Metallica covered and do it in their style, much like they did with Van Halen in this game. All they gotta do is get the rights to "Stone Cold Crazy" (Queen's already licensed out one song), "Whiskey in the Jar," or maybe even "Turn the Page" and do it in the style of Metallica. Problem solved.

Edited by Zero