The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Info on 80s Edition from 1pstart.com

Activision Pays Homage With Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s

Guitar Hero Fans to Get New Axe-Shredding Experience With Tracks From Classic Era

SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 10, 2007 - Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced they will be paying homage to a classic rock era with Guitar HeroTM: Rocks the 80sTM, available exclusively on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. After playing to mass audiences at sold out shows around the world in Guitar Hero IITM, fans will once again be able to whip out their Gibson-shaped SG guitar controllers and shred to their favorite rock tracks, as the critically acclaimed franchise is scheduled to go on another highly-anticipated world tour this summer.

Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s will feature visually stunning retro rock venues and hipster characters, unlockable guitars, intense game play modes, and most importantly 30 awesome new songs to experience the ultimate rock star fantasy. The initial list of finger-melting tracks includes:

* I Wanna Rock (by Twisted Sister)

* I Ran (by Flock of Seagulls)

* Round and Round (as made famous by Ratt)

* I Want Candy (as made famous by Bow Wow Wow)

* Metal Health (as made famous by Quiet Riot)

* Holy Diver (as made famous by Dio)

* Heat Of The Moment (as made famous by Asia)

“The 80s features an amazing variety of rock genres from hair metal to punk to new wave, and our dedicated Guitar Hero fans will definitely appreciate the opportunity to play all the new and exciting content we’ve added,” said Dusty Welch, head of publishing at RedOctane. “As we delve deeper into the history of rock, we’ll continue to offer a fresh experience and even more explosive tracks with the Guitar Hero franchise.”

I'll be picking it up anyways. But it helps to see stuff like Holy Diver, Metal Health, and I Wanna Rock on there. Better get some good GNR on though, just because Sweet Child was on GH2 already doesn't mean that's ALL Appetite had to give. I'd love to see Rocket Queen appear.

http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20070509.jpg

I've felt like this enough times. :shifty:

CTRL+ALT+DEL: For when those other gaming comics are just too subtle and/or funny.

I'll probably buy '80s Edition even if most of those songs don't actually sound that appealing (partially because there are a lot of songs that I don't particularly LIKE in Guitar Hero games that are still fun to play. "Hey You" by The Exies being the biggest offender on that front, right up there with "Heart Shaped Box"). "I Ran" seems like it might be amusing to play, though.

We need some Any Way You Want It by Journey on this thing, i've always imagined that would be lots of fun to play.

I've said that song should be in it from the start.

New songs announced for 80s Edition. From destructoid.com:

# 18 and Life (as made famous by Skid Row)

# Bathroom Wall (as made famous by Faster Pussycat)

# Lonely is the Night (as made famous by Billy Squier)

# Nothing But a Good Time (as made famous by Poison)

# Play With Me (as made famous by Extreme)

# Shaken (as made famous by Eddie Money)

# Synchronicity II (as made famous by Police)