The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Where the fuck are Metallica in these 360-exclusive tracks?

Probably wanting a ridiculous amount of money in royalties.

The 360 exclusives sound sweet, but I'm going to wait to see what the downloadable content is before I go spending another $80 on a game I already own.

The achivement list has been revealed.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/home/sh...&gameID=195

Also in a Gamespy preview Red Octane hint at possible online multiplayer via a future patch and downloadable songs that are around the same price as on a download sitem ie 99p/c or so.

http://uk.xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/gui...2/754599p1.html

So in my pursuit to attain at least 4 stars on all the songs on Medium (Hey, it's a slow burner) I made my way to Cowboys From Hell where I managed to start doing the pull off to some measaure of decency. Still, that didn't help me get to 4 stars but it helped dampen the sadness of not doing so. Now I feel i'm a little closer to guitar playing and not mashing buttons in a quick succesion hoping to keep a string going.

To go with the 80's rumour there were stories of other names been copywrighted such as Guitar Villian. I forget what the others were.

Anyway, I just checked on Play for II on 360. £65! That convertor can't come quicker <_<

Ah yes, that's the one, Drum Villian. http://uk.ps2.ign.com/articles/756/756352p1.html

Edited by King Ellis

• 2 months later...

Bumptastic.

I see a few of you on the XBL leaderboards, anyone else thrown down the $90 for this game on the 360? I traded in DOA4 and Oblivion today and managed to get this for $40. I really don't like the new controller (although I'm sure I'll get used to it), but so far I'm loving the new 360 exclusive tracks. Just a damn shame there's no online co-op... lag is a bitch.

I did get this on the 360, and as such, will now pass over my PS2, Guitar Hero I and II, along with all of my PS2 Controllers to my sis.

I personally like the guitar, I've noticed it's been easier for me to hit stuff. Then again, I have a 32" LCD Samsung HDTV, so that probably helps too.

Haven't logged on to Live yet, but as soon as I do I shall see how I compare. What is your SN Zero?

Also, Harmonix is releasing Rock Band, and the 360 controller is supposed to work with it.

I personally like the guitar, I've noticed it's been easier for me to hit stuff.
I like the buttons, took some getting used to, but I'm fine with it. My problem is the whammy bar. It just doesn't feel right.

Haven't logged on to Live yet, but as soon as I do I shall see how I compare. What is your SN Zero?

SugaRazor - it's right underneath my avatar! :P

Also, Harmonix is releasing Rock Band, and the 360 controller is supposed to work with it.

Supposedly the mic will be $40 and the drums will be the most expensive at like $80, I think. The game is going to be so expensive, completists might as well start an actual band.