The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

I need some help.

I tend to strum the same direction for every note, but am struggling when the notes come thick and fast (like the double notes in "Message In A Bottle" on Medium. This may sound obvious, but I assume I need to mix it up by strumming both ways so that I strum quicker, or can I get by just doing it the way I do it.

Dammit, I love this game, I got it on day of release and we haven't stopped playing it up at uni. Two player, baby! Me and my boy Kensey have been trying to fuck all the songs up on hard, Freebird is awesome to play, but we can't finish it on doubles because he fails towards the 75% bit. One day he will be as good, my little protegé.

Overall the songs on the first one I prefered, but this one has some stonking classics like killing in the name, sweet child of mine, freebird, mother and a few others that escape me right now. I still need to play Hey You from the first one, its my favourite track.

I need some help.

I tend to strum the same direction for every note, but am struggling when the notes come thick and fast (like the double notes in "Message In A Bottle" on Medium. This may sound obvious, but I assume I need to mix it up by strumming both ways so that I strum quicker, or can I get by just doing it the way I do it.

I dont strum up and down most of the time, I get by just going mad playing like a demon, but it does help if you strum up and down, try and get the hang of it.

And yeah, funky, the old guitar works, they are both the same. And trust in Myke, the two player is awesomexcore to the MAAAAX.

Edited by Myked

Just a quick, probably stupid question. I think I'm going to get Guitar Hero 2 with the guitar for Xmas. I'm assuming that the guitar controller will work fine with Guitar Hero 1 if I buy it separately?

Yes, the controllers are the same, forwards and backwards compatible with both games.

Guest StylesClash86

Just a quick, probably stupid question. I think I'm going to get Guitar Hero 2 with the guitar for Xmas. I'm assuming that the guitar controller will work fine with Guitar Hero 1 if I buy it separately?

Yes, the controllers are the same, forwards and backwards compatible with both games.

Not from my dealings. Bought two brand new GH one guitars off Ebay for Multiplayer and neither worked. Still waiting on the refund from the 2nd one.

It's gotta be Ebay then, because my GH1 controller works just fine on GH2 and my GH2 controller works just fine on GH1.

Guest StylesClash86

But the box for the off brand ones said compatible with Guitar Hero game. Said nothing about #2. Either way I am getting my money back so it isn't too big of a deal. Just thought I would let everyone know.

Guest Grapehead

I"m going through career mode now on medium, trying to 5-star everything. I got stuck early on "surrender", but practising that over and over and eventually beating it really improved my playing overall. Now I'm playing War Pigs, but still have to go back and fix my problems in Them Bones and actually play Search and Destroy.

I'm addicted to this game.

So, I'm playing at a friends house, and one of them sees Freebird on the tracklist. And she's all "OMG! I didn't know this song was in the game! Play it!" I and I'm all "But it's really hard and 10 hours long!" and she keeps insisting I play it. So I play it. 10 minutes later, she says "Wow... Sorry." and I can't feel the fingers on my left hand.

So, I'm playing at a friends house, and one of them sees Freebird on the tracklist. And she's all "OMG! I didn't know this song was in the game! Play it!" I and I'm all "But it's really hard and 10 hours long!" and she keeps insisting I play it. So I play it. 10 minutes later, she says "Wow... Sorry." and I can't feel the fingers on my left hand.

I've got to the point where I'm doing pretty good on medium, but I'm in no rush to move on to Hard, having seen what it is like.

Me and my girlfriend did invest in another guitar though, so we could play 2-player. Generally, if we are against each other, she scrapes it or I absolutely destroy her.

The only part of Freebird that I hate on Medium is Guitar Solo J. Other than that, I'd gladly take Freebird over some of the other songs. >_>

Though I have similar sentiments for some of the fourth or fifth tier songs on Hard. I kill myself getting through them once and how absolutely no desire to ever touch them again.

Edited by stokeriño