The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

I just got Guitar Hero as I got a good deal on it and at the very least my skills have vastly improved; I'm to the point where the only two songs I've yet to beat on Hard are Cowboys From Hell and Bark at the Moon. Fat chance of me ever clearing that last one any time soon.

I mean, I flounder in most songs harder than, like, "Unsung," but as long as I can discern the rhythm for a decent portion of a song I can hold out.

So glad I hit on this thread. I bought Guitar Hero 2 as a Peak Season present to myself (I work doubles all December, and I get myself a stress buster every November 30).

Finished the game about four days ago on medium. Going back through to 5 star all the songs now. Then I'll knock out Easy, just because, and try my hand at Hard.

I saw this kid at EB straight wreckin' faces on that Shadows Fall song. But I've had sex, so I still win.

I mean, I flounder in most songs harder than, like, "Unsung," but as long as I can discern the rhythm for a decent portion of a song I can hold out.

Yeah, thats what I'm like on some of the harder GH2 songs, I make sure I nail a section that I get a grasp on and just hang on in for the rest of it.

Guest Grapehead

Carry me home was the hardest song for me on medium. There's no way I can transition from medium to hard though, I tried, but the fucking orange button is so uncomfortable and I can't figure out how I want to position my hand for it. However, strangely enough, I 5-starred Strutter on hard my first try, but could barely get 3 stars for anything else.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...RTS02/612140388

The Tigers are satisfied they won't see a recurrence of the right wrist and forearm inflammation that sidelined Joel Zumaya for three games of the American League Championship Series.

Why? Club president and general manager Dave Dombrowski told WXYT-AM (1270) on Wednesday the team had concluded Zumaya's injury resulted from playing a video game, not from his powerful throwing motion.

"That was probably what was taking place," Dombrowski later told the Free Press.

Zumaya, 22, was known to play "Guitar Hero," a PlayStation 2 game in which a player uses a guitar-shaped controller to simulate the performance of popular songs.

During the radio interview, Dombrowski said the Tigers' athletic training staff discovered that Zumaya's forearm pain was more consistent with the action of a guitar player than a baseball pitcher. The Tigers asked Zumaya to stop playing the video game, and he did. Zumaya then pitched pain-free during the World Series, and went 0-1 with a 3.00 ERA in three appearances.

"He felt fine in the World Series, to tell you the truth," said Steve Springer, one of Zumaya's representatives. "I didn't even think twice about it."

Guest Grapehead

Alright, I've moved onto hard mode, figuring I just have to power through it. When you play on hard mode, do you folks set you index finger on red and then yellow, blue, orange? Or do you stick with green, red, yellow, blue as you probably would for medium mode? I'm having trouble deciding which makes more sense.

I move my hand between those two depending on what comes up in the song. As long as I remember whether my hand is to the 'left' or 'right' at all times I can manage just as easily as on medium...it's getting confused that's the problem. ¬_¬

I slide my hand around as I need to. When I have to play Yellow-Orange chords, usually I'll move my hand so I'm pressing orange with my ring finger. I have to move faster, but it's much more comfortable.

Oh. And I just 5*'d Jordan(on Hard). I don't think anyone cares, but it feels like enough of accomplishment to state publicly.