The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

The only part of Freebird that I hate on Medium is Guitar Solo J. Other than that, I'd gladly take Freebird over some of the other songs. >_>

Yeah, I don't mind Freebird that much, apart from individual sections. However, I am still on medium, so it probably is a fuck load harder on hard.

Guest Grapehead

Is it just me or is Carry Me Home impossible to 5-star. I've been doing most songs 5-star on my first try since the 4th set list, but this one I got 3-stars on my first try and can't fucking 5-star it. I'm losing my mind.

Seriously, your girlfriend just turned me on.

I have a new girlfriend and she knows I'm a big dork and play video games and stuff, trying to ease into getting her to play Guitar Hero, but I don't know how to go about introducing that without sounding completely lame. I envy you Liam.

She plays it more than me. It is around her house, admittedly, but she missed a couple of calls from me today purely because she was in the middle of a song.

I'm still marginally better than her, so that works for me.

She did laugh initially when she saw me pick up the game and saw me standing about with a guitar controller, but as soon as I got her playing, she never looked back. Just go for it, get her to have a go at some of the easier stuff, and then go from there.

Jessica is pretty damn fun on expert. I love it when you're finally able to do hammer-ons and pull-offs with ease. It really helps down the line with fucking long ass solos.

After trekking through the bonus songs I must say I am very well pleased. Except for the piece of crap that is Made in Mexico, all of the tracks have some redeeming value to them. I really enjoy Thunderhorse, Six(hard as fuck but I like it), The Light that Blinds, Less Talk More Rokk(I love it on expert), and of course Trogdor.

As for Freebird, I really should try to master it on expert when I go home for Christmas. I've almost mastered it Hard, 96% is what I got last time I think...

How do you guys practice to make the jump to Hard? I tried it last night and just am not ready, but I have 5 starred all but Carry Me Home on Medium.

I learnt on GH1, which is much easier to do because they gradually ease you into the orange notes and such. In GH2 they damn well drop you in the deep end from the start.