The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Once you start playing with the Orange chord, it's best to play as you suggested. However, don't force yourself to play like that because eventually you're going to need to shift your hand constantly, don't get yourself stuck in a bad habit.

w00t, beat Carry Me Home on hard, only 8 more songs to go.

edit: w00t, make that seven songs to go:). Just beat Laid to Rest

edit 2: damn, failed psychobilly freakout at 86%, though I'd get past it:( I know I can beat YYZ on hard as I've done it before in quickplay.

Edited by kale

My roommate's girlfriend brought over GH2 and an extra guitar and we've been playing that quite a bit, particularly my roommate who's addicted to it. But I can't imagine myself going past Medium...again. Hell, some of the songs on medium are too much for me. I bought "Six" and promptly fucked it up within 15 seconds. Meanwhile, a sweet song I found myself digging was "Jordan". It's got just enough difficulty to make it enjoyable. About two or three times during the song, I was all like "What the hell are my fingers doing? And how the hell are they hitting the right notes?" And that's a good feeling.

With under a month to go (in America) here's the official set list for Rocks the 80s.

1) Opening Licks

(Bang Your Head) Metal Health - Quiet Riot

We Got The Beat - The Go Go's

I Ran (So Far Away) - Flock Of Seagulls (original artist)

Balls To The Wall - Accept

18 And Life - Skid Row

2) Amp Warmers

No One Like You - Scorpions

Shakin' - Eddie Money

Heat Of The Moment - Asia

Radar Love - White Lion

Because, It's Midnite - Limozeen (original artist)

3) String Snappers

Holy Diver - Dio

Turning Japanese - The Vapors

Hold On Loosely - .38 Special

The Warrior - Scandal (original artist)

I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister (original artist)

4) Return Of The Shred

What I Like About You - The Romantics

Synchronicity II - The Police

Ballroom Blitz - Krokus

Only A Lad - Oingo Boingo

Round And Round - Ratt

5) Relentless Riffs

Ain't Nothin But A Good Time - Poison

Lonely Is The Night - Billy Squier

Bathroom Wall - Faster Pussycat

Los Angeles - X

Wrathchild - Iron Maiden

6) Furious Fretwork

Electric Eye - Judas Priest (original artist)

Police Truck - Dead Kennedys

Seventeen - Winger

Caught In A Mosh - Anthrax

Play With Me - Extreme

Of all the Maidem tracks, they pick Wrathchild? Admittedly, it's (arguably) the best track from the Paul Diannio era, but still. Aces fucking High! Fear Of The Dark! Number Of The Beast! Wicker Man! Run To The Hills!

Fuck it, they should do a Guitar Hero: Maiden edition. With Eddie as an unlockable instead of the Ripper.

Has there been any word on whether any bonus songs will be in this one? And are they charging $50 for this glorified song pack?

Of all the Maidem tracks, they pick Wrathchild? Admittedly, it's (arguably) the best track from the Paul Diannio era, but still. Aces fucking High! Fear Of The Dark! Number Of The Beast! Wicker Man! Run To The Hills!

Fuck it, they should do a Guitar Hero: Maiden edition. With Eddie as an unlockable instead of the Ripper.

Edited by Fanku Kaibutsu

Ugh, after going back to playing GH1 after playing the sequel (trying to get past the penultimate section, Cream is now kicking my ass), I'm amazed at how I ever put up with the off timing on hammer ons.

It also annoys me that I could get so far in the first game, but not even close on the sequel. I'm only barely passing stuff in the first three sections on expert. I think Hard's definitely my level, although Freebird caned me yesterday.

I've beaten the first game on expert no problem, but the second one....pschobilly freakout down kicks my ass. After playing 2 for so long, going back and playing 1 is hard. Not to mention I mostly only play with someone else, and that makes 1 impossible to play because it's all competition and no cooperative mode.

Question:

Would you buy Guitar Hero 1 again if they re-released it with the practice and cooperative modes? I would.

Activision Announces Legendary Guns N’ Roses Vet and Velvet Revolver Frontman Slash to Appear in Guitar Hero™ III: Legends of Rock

Activision Rocks E3 2007 Media and Business Summit with Blockbuster Line-up of Games

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATVI) today announced that legendary guitar hero Slash will provide an original track and appear as a boss battle character in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, delivering wannabe rock stars the chance to shred against the music icon. Additionally, Guns N’ Roses’ rock anthem hit “Welcome to the Jungle” will be included in the game’s robust soundtrack that also features master tracks by such renowned rock bands as The Rolling Stones, Beastie Boys, Muse and Pearl Jam. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is slated for release this fall.

Activision also confirmed the company’s E3 videogame line-up, which includes Bee Movie™ Game, based on the upcoming computer-animated comedy from DreamWorks Animation, Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™, id Software’s Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars™, Guitar Hero™ III: Legends of Rock, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe™ and Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground.

“Guitar legend Slash, combined with Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock’s robust soundtrack and innovative new game features, will continue to solidify the brand’s leadership in the rhythm-action genre,” said Robin Kaminsky, executive vice president of Activision Publishing. “Additionally, our diverse and well-rounded E3 portfolio underscores Activision’s continued commitment to building brands that appeal to global audiences and delivering top-quality games that delight fans worldwide.”

New trailer for GH3 which has Welcome to the Jungle and another new song, Rock You Like A Hurricane.

Kind of meh on WTTJ since their are far better songs by GnR that could be use for Guitar Hero, but it's arguibly their most popular song.