The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Is the reason I can't find the songs to download that the game tells me are available due to the fact that it's not out here yet?!?! It's annoying. Some Foo Fighters will be groovy.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/11/22/europe...-november-22nd/

Says the US content isn't compatible with Europe and you'll be waiting another week.

Found a discount code for Play.com so i've got it there for £60. Bit more expensive but meh, I want this game. Can't wait forever.

Edited by TheEllisComplex

"The band "The Romantics" are suing Activision over their wedding reception favorite, 'What I Like About You,' which appears in Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the '80s. The problem is not copyright infringement; Activision had permission to make a cover version of the song. No, the problem is that the cover sounds too much like the original. 'The band's attorneys have indicated that they are seeking an injunction that would force the game to be withdrawn from sale. Although around half of the songs in the newly released Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock feature recordings by the original artists, in previous Guitar Hero games the majority of songs were cover versions.'"

Best suit ever? You decide. >.>

IT IS MINE!

Slight delay in starpower being activated, a little slowdown when it does and some slight discomfort with my fret hand are niggles but otherwise this is rawk. Playing some medium, missed one note in the entire chart of Miss Murder which is annoying. I'll get a 100% eventually.

I am such a snob, I am refusing to play The Killers.

IT IS MINE!

Slight delay in starpower being activated, a little slowdown when it does and some slight discomfort with my fret hand are niggles but otherwise this is rawk. Playing some medium, missed one note in the entire chart of Miss Murder which is annoying. I'll get a 100% eventually.

My girlfriend played it, but it looked like a good song to play.

My preferences are ones which involve a lot of moving around the fretboard, not so many HO/PO, and not too much of the 'hammer a certain note in quick succession', as my timing sucks on things like that.

IT IS MINE!

My girlfriend played it, but it looked like a good song to play.

My preferences are ones which involve a lot of moving around the fretboard, not so many HO/PO, and not too much of the 'hammer a certain note in quick succession', as my timing sucks on things like that.

Tier 4 sucks. Whatever that Sonic Youth song is is awful and Anarchy in the U.K is annoying and dull to play. It better pick up with Sabbath, Weezer and the encore.

Ugh, what's the deal with the star power? I'm often left holding the guitar upright for feels like hours and it doesn't start. I'm not adept at playing with the guitar in that position so it can really fuck up my streak. They've moved the position of the select/back button too so that's screwed up my backup plan.

Did anyone make a tour group thing on the GH website yet? I made one called Emo Warfare Battleground just in case, a nod to the Last.FM group of the same name.

Not sure how it works mind, I selected closed as I assume that means you can only get in by invite. So list your names on here I guess and i'll put your name on the list. Unless someone already started a group that is. :shifty:

I don't even see an invite option on the group thing so maybe you guys have to join yourselves rather than me invite you.

http://www.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/211980 That's the link.

I like the battle mode in the new game, puts a different spin on the game completely which is good. Really like the soundtrack for this game too, lots of cool tracks on there. I nearly plotzed when I saw One and Before I Forget on there. That Dragonforce song at the end killed me on medium, I don’t like them anyway though so I’m not really that bothered. My only gripe is that there are a few songs on there that don’t feel a lot like guitar anthems. Ruby by the Kaiser Chiefs? The Killers? Feels like they’ve chucked a few mainstream songs in to give it a wider appeal, which can only be expected since Activision took over.

Edited by Wilson Regal