The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

See, I'd be interested in this if there was some sort of assurance that it's not going to be insanely difficult. Also, if it's cheap >_>

IGN says that it's not insanely difficult. A tad more-so than other Guitar Hero games, but that just means that if you play on Expert usually, you might find yourself on hard a little more than usual.

According to other people, and history, GH Metallica will drop to half price within 6 months. Because of a lack of DLC support, I personally am waiting until the price drops.

I'm hearing good things about the game though, which is awesome.

Man, I'm going to download the demo and play the shit out of Stone Cold Crazy. Guitar and Drums Chart looks a ton of fun as well from what I've seen on Youtube.

Also, that Queen pack could have been so much better, sadly. I'll assume they're keeping the big guns (Don't Stop Me Now, Another One Bites The Dust, We Will Rock You) for major titles. Same goes with Hendrix but any Hendrix in your guitar game is good Hendrix. All Along The Watchtower for GH 5, please.

Edited by Jordan Stiva

See, I'd be interested in this if there was some sort of assurance that it's not going to be insanely difficult. Also, if it's cheap >_>

IGN says that it's not insanely difficult. A tad more-so than other Guitar Hero games, but that just means that if you play on Expert usually, you might find yourself on hard a little more than usual.

I don't know if it's the fact that I've gotten better, or if it's that the game isn't really insanely difficult, but I was able to go through and defeat all of the songs on Expert on guitar. The only two games I haven't beat on Expert yet are Guitar Hero III and Guitar Hero World Tour. But yeah, I really expected to have a ton of difficulty beating it on Expert, yet I never failed a song.

• 2 weeks later...

The Greatest Hits title as seen announced as Guitar Hero: Smash Hits. Bunch of songs from 1, 2, 3 and probably WT. The full track list hasn't been announced yet but this is what GS has so far

Guitar Hero

"Killer Queen" - Queen

"I Love Rock 'n Roll" - Joan Jett and The Blackhearts

"Bark at the Moon" - Ozzy Osbourne

Guitar Hero II

"Them Bones" - Alice in Chains

"Killing in the Name" - Rage Against The Machine

"Message in a Bottle" - The Police

"Carry on Wayward Son" - Kansas

"Free Bird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s

"I Wanna Rock" - Twisted Sister

"Nothin but a Good Time" - Poison

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

"Barracuda" - Heart

"Through the Fire and Flames" - DragonForce

If this is priced higher then 20 bucks, its a rip off

Why would "I Love Rock n' Roll" be a smash hit moment from GH1? It's shit and it's piss easy. I mean really easy. It may not be the full list of songs from that game, but still. If it doesn't have QOTSA's "No One Knows" or ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man" from it, don't get it.

Hell just get the original Guitar Hero , it's better than the others :shifty:

The Greatest Hits title as seen announced as Guitar Hero: Smash Hits. Bunch of songs from 1, 2, 3 and probably WT. The full track list hasn't been announced yet but this is what GS has so far

Guitar Hero

"Killer Queen" - Queen

"I Love Rock 'n Roll" - Joan Jett and The Blackhearts

"Bark at the Moon" - Ozzy Osbourne

Guitar Hero II

"Them Bones" - Alice in Chains

"Killing in the Name" - Rage Against The Machine

"Message in a Bottle" - The Police

"Carry on Wayward Son" - Kansas

"Free Bird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s

"I Wanna Rock" - Twisted Sister

"Nothin but a Good Time" - Poison

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

"Barracuda" - Heart

"Through the Fire and Flames" - DragonForce

If this is priced higher then 20 bucks, its a rip off

I don't entirely see how. Not everyone has the first four GH games and would want to play those songs. If they were to just bung the tracks onto a brand new GH game, everyone would moan about them repeating themselves and about the tracks not being new to the series. They'd be similar complaints if they did those tracks as DLC, and on top of that they'd be problems with compatability between versions of GH.

A best of, in effect, gives people who want to play "classic" GH tracks one game to buy not four. You get 40-50 songs for your money, as many, if not more than those early franchise games, and the other recent spin-offs and the developers aren't tricking anyone into buying a "new" game in the franchise, they're making it clear from the off that it's a disc of tracks from previous games.

It's not the upcoming GH game that's the biggest rip off. You could even make a case for it being a slightly wider move than releasing ANOTHER new GH game into the franchise this winter.

When anone goes and plays Pro Face Off, do they get it where the opponent has a higher or lower difficulty and therefore ruins the meaning of the mode?

I can play Hard or medium on the game, but when i got someone either playing the one I am not on, or expert, it kills the mood because the mode is then destroyed in essence.

• 1 month later...
Any UK'ers picking up GH:Metallica on 360 tomorrow? There's a few band-related achievements see.

I'm indecisive, as I already have GH:WT for the Wii, but I might get it for the 360 and buy some RB controllers (the new ones are out, right?)... albeit if I get it, it'll probably be either Saturday or Tuesday rather than tomorrow.

Any UK'ers picking up GH:Metallica on 360 tomorrow? There's a few band-related achievements see.

I'm indecisive, as I already have GH:WT for the Wii, but I might get it for the 360 and buy some RB controllers (the new ones are out, right?)... albeit if I get it, it'll probably be either Saturday or Tuesday rather than tomorrow.

lol, no.