The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Of all the Nirvana songs... Why did they have to include the one I loathe?

Because it's the one that will help sell the game. Heart Shaped Box is probably the most recognizable song from Nirvana besides Smells Like Teen Spirit, and that song has been rammed up everyone's ass for the last fifteen years, so I'm thankful they went with something else.

Guitar Hero RAWKS!

I currently own two Hero Guitars, one of them being a wireless Flying V and the other the standard black Gibson SG. I'm currently hating myself though, as I can only get to 75% on "Bark At The Moon" on Expert, before I fail miserably.

YYZ is going to be ridiculous.

My friend played it at a gaming con I went to the other week, a guy who regularly pwns Bark at the Moon on Expert, and he wasn't able to do YYZ. It looks really, really tough.

I was away from the game for a long while and just picked it up again today, man am I pumped for Guitar Hero 2 now. I still curse Cowboys From Hell for being harder than Bark At The Moon, at least for me. On medium, it's the only song including all the bonus songs that I have yet to five star.

Lack of any Def Leppard makes me sad. However, they'd probably have put "Pour Some Sugar On Me" on there, when by all rights the song used should be "Photograph", "Rock of Ages", "Bringin' On The Heartbreak", or "High N Dry".

According to an article on MTV.com, Tool has been negotiating with Red Octane. I can't see them going through with it though, Tool doesn't even put their music on iTunes, I can't see them licensing it out for Guitar Hero.

An article in the new EGM hints at the final song having "no less than eleven solos." Rumor has it that song is Megadeth's "Hangar 18"

And according to Eurogamer, RATM's "Killing in the Name Of" and Foo Fighters' "Monkey Wrench" will make it into GH2.