The Perfect Role

Laice07

What are some roles in some movies that couldn't have been played by another actor. You know whoever played that role, were born to play that role in that movie. IMO the entire cast for the Harry Potter series were perfect, the teachers, and especially the main 3(Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe)

ANother one, which I think everyone agrees is Professor X from X-men, ever since I was little, I even knew that Patrick Stewart was the best choice, and if they would ever make an X-men movie, he would be the perfect Professor X.

Edited by Laice_

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is another one. He is perfect for that role. He brings Intensity, and after the second movie, I was sure that if they ever replaced Hugh Jackman, the series would start to go downhill. I hope he signs on to X3

Guest bruins72

Very true, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is another one.  He is perfect for that role.  He brings Intensity, and after the second movie, I was sure that if they ever replaced Hugh Jackman, the series would start to go downhill.  I hope he signs on to X3

The scary thing is, Hugh Jackman wasn't the guy originally cast to play Wolverine. The role was won by Dugray Scott but he had already committed to a role in MI2 and was busy filming at the same time as X-Men. Hugh Jackman was brought in at the last minute. It's a damn good thing it went this way becuase he definately does an amazing job with the character.

I'll throw a perfect role into the mix. I say nobody but Ian McKellen could've pulled off Gandalf as perfectly as he did.

Anthony Hopkins is the only person I can imagine as Hannibal Lecter. He just plays the role perfectly, theres nobody I can think of right now that could pull off such a role.

Very true, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is another one.  He is perfect for that role.  He brings Intensity, and after the second movie, I was sure that if they ever replaced Hugh Jackman, the series would start to go downhill.  I hope he signs on to X3

That's one that I don't think I would agree with. When I watched the X-Men movies I saw it more as Hugh Jackman as Wolverine rather than Wolverine. I just couldn't buy it. It's too bad we can't make Clint Eastwood young again. I think he would make the perfect Wolverine.

Guest bruins72

Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka, classic film. 

Agreed. I'm kind of curious to see what the Burton remake is going to be like with Johnny Depp. He's a great actor but I'm still not sold on him in that role.

Anthony Hopkins is the only person I can imagine as Hannibal Lecter.  He just plays the role perfectly, theres nobody I can think of right now that could pull off such a role.

Someone played Lector before Hopkins. There was a movie called Manhunter back in the mid-80's. It told the same story as "Red Dragon". Brian Cox (recently seen as Stryker in X2) played Lector in that movie. He did a good job and all but it wasn't quite the same as what I had come to expect. Hopkins made the role special.

That's one that I don't think I would agree with. When I watched the X-Men movies I saw it more as Hugh Jackman as Wolverine rather than Wolverine. I just couldn't buy it. It's too bad we can't make Clint Eastwood young again. I think he would make the perfect Wolverine.

I'd say Eastwood has the Wolverine attitude down pat but physically he would've been even more wrong for the part than Jackman. Clint Eastwood is a very tall man. Wolverine is supposed to be a runt. Jackman was too tall, Eastwood would've been excessively so. The best casting idea (based on looks alone) for Wolverine I've ever heard was Glenn Danzig. Physically, he's perfect. Too bad he probably can't act.

Guest bruins72

I think Captain Jack Sparrow & Johnny Depp.

Definately. Then again, they could get Keith Richards liquored up and just let him loose. The only problem is he wouldn't remember his lines and if he did, we wouldn't be able to tell what he is saying.

Someone played Lector before Hopkins. There was a movie called Manhunter back in the mid-80's. It told the same story as "Red Dragon". Brian Cox (recently seen as Stryker in X2) played Lector in that movie. He did a good job and all but it wasn't quite the same as what I had come to expect. Hopkins made the role special.

Thats what I mean. Theres nobody else that could pull off the role, except Hopkins, he truly has made it his own. Anyone else in the role would seem off.

Guest fullhouse

Definately. Then again, they could get Keith Richards liquored up and just let him loose. The only problem is he wouldn't remember his lines and if he did, we wouldn't be able to tell what he is saying.

ROTFLMAO :lol::lol:

A few that people probably won't mention:

Alan Rickman as Severus Snape: Rickman is Snape. It's simple as that. Despite looking like a Meth addict in the first movie, Alan Rickman pulls this character off so well that I can't really think of anyone else in the role.

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones/Han Solo: Those two roles are so Ford it's not funny. The action hero presence combined with a winning sense of humour make the characters perfect for him.

Tom Hanks as Chuck Noland: I can't be sure that the character wasn't changed at all in the translation from screenplay to film, but Hanks did this role perfectly. Noland's moral strength and unending desire to escape his predicament play perfectly to Hanks' strengths, and it was a robbery that he didn't win the Oscar for it.

Will Smith as Mohammed Ali: The mannerisms, the speech, the look; Smith had Ali down. It's just too bad the film had to be so lacklustre and long.