Advent Children

Guest clintcasey

Guest clintcasey

I was thinking about posting this in the Arcade but technicly since its a movie and not a game this would work as well right?

Anyhow Advent Children is finaly comming out, the actual store date for it is April 25th and they've just finished doing a cast screening and such.

So anyhow I'm looking over the cast here and I noticed the voice of Sephiroth is deffinatly someone I wouldn't have picked out for the role baised on his previous work. I'll start by giving you all a few hints:

He was a member of a very popular Boyband around the turn of the centry a few years before and after?

Stilll drawing a blank?

He was a member of N'Sync

Still don't know?

One more hint then, its the same person who did Sephiroth's Voice in Kingdom Hearts 2?

Give up?

Lance Bass.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance Bass also voiced Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts. Apparently he impressed or something, I wouldn't know as I never got that far in the game.

Doesn't matter to me either way; I've already seen Advent Children and it's nowhere near good enough for me to want to actually buy it.

I shall thereby contradict GoGo by saying that I loved it. Sure, it's just action-action-action, but it's still freaking cool, and well worth the mere £15 I'll be paying for it.

And screw Lance Bass or George Newbern or whoever it is. Toshiyuki Morikawa does it spot on.

I shall thereby contradict GoGo by saying that I loved it. Sure, it's just action-action-action, but it's still freaking cool, and well worth the mere £15 I'll be paying for it.

If it were action-action-action I would have LIKED it. It was more like action-confusing plot that I didn't care about-action-yet more lame plot crap with creepy bishies-action-Reno and Rude being godly-action-and here's Sephiroth and he and Cloud have a really disappointing fight-yet more bad plot.

I don't think anything I'm about to say can really be 'spoilers'...

Basically, anything even remotely to do with Aerith sucked. I'll agree with that. Then again I suppose that they expect us all to be flailing Aerith fanboys who blub at the mere mention of her name, when I was never too bothered with her even in the game. The Reunion plotline with the 'creepy bishies' was all well and good though, I liked it.

And I think the final fight with Sephiroth was going to inevitably be a disappointment simply because of how damn hard they tried to put he and Cloud over as equal - they didn't so much fight as bounce off each other for six minutes. My favourite fights were Tifa's one in the church, and the one in which Vincent first shows up.

Edited by stokeriño

And I think the final fight with Sephiroth was going to inevitably be a disappointment simply because of how damn hard they tried to put he and Cloud over as equal - they didn't so much fight as bounce off each other for six minutes. My favourite fights were Tifa's one in the church, and the one in which Vincent first shows up.

The funny thing is that by doing that they made Sephiroth look really lame. He didn't do jack shit to Cloud.

One thing that has annoyed me about FFVII (Don't get me wrong I loved the game and concider it to be the best FF game ever) is the whole Aeris/Aerith thing. Why the fuck did it matter so much to people what the 'true' name of her was. I liked the name in it's first form and hate the name Aerith, Aerith just doesn't sound right saying it. If Sephiroth's 'real' name was 'Captin McNutsack' would they want that changed back too?

Well yes, everyone knows that a good villain ought to beat the living shit out of everyone and everything before getting a sudden comeuppence out of nowhere.

The moment when he first appeared was fucking badass though. :shifty:

Edit: The whole Aeris/Aerith thing is just because 's' and 'th' use the same character in Japanese (and technically the name is pronounced the same as well), and it was originally translated one way though apparently intended another. No doubt you wouldn't have liked it if you were told that her name was supposed to be 'Aelis' instead either. In the end it doesn't really matter, call her whatever the hell you want.

Edited by stokeriño

The general consensus of my Final-Fantasy-freak friends is that the action was awesome but the storyline shit. I didn't really have an opinion of it. It was just... average?

But then again, not being a Final Fantasy fan I had no idea what was going on. Though, those two henchmen-esque guys (I saw this months ago, can't remember shit about it) were pretty cool.

The two henchmen-esque guys were Reno and Rude, and they own your soul.

Quoted for truth. Reno and Rude are the best thing about Advent Children (and the Turks are the best characters in FFVII to boot).

Who was the other Turk? I know there was Elena, but wasn't there another one with long black hair? It's been that long since I played VII, Reno is the only one I can remember :(

And for the love of God, stop with the spoilers. Do it again and I will end you :@

Who was the other Turk? I know there was Elena, but wasn't there another one with long black hair? It's been that long since I played VII, Reno is the only one I can remember :(

That would be Tseng, the leader.