He's Back

A-Dub

The city of Green Bay will be turned upside down come tomorrow morning, because our savior has returned...

Brett Favre will be back for the 2006 season.

I'm definatly psyced, and so is just about everyone I've talked to this evening!

brett_front.jpg

Guest Grapehead

Fuck Favre. Yeah, he carried that team on his back at times, he's been a force... but his treatment of the team during this offseason was lame, in my opinion. Wasn't he just waiting around, not giving any commitment to coming back for this team? The team gave him so much respect and faith, why would he be such a dick about coming back to the city that made him big, for one more season when they need him?

To be completly honest, they dont need him, but I can't get enough Favre, neither can this whole city. He's as good as gold to this city, and even though he was a bit of an ass over the offseason, we want him back. He's always a great chance to win.

This topic is as pointless as a Terry Funk retires topic.

Brett Favre will die before he stops playing football.

Favre was a total dick about the whole thing (even had a press conference where he announced he hadn't made a decision yet), but I figured he would probably come back. I know I wouldn't want to go out after a season like the past one. HOWEVER, by coming back he has proven himself to be either a fool or a liar, since he said he wanted to come back only if they had a winning team. The Packers will be better than last season, but not much. He should have retired.

Favre was a total dick about the whole thing (even had a press conference where he announced he hadn't made a decision yet), but I figured he would probably come back. I know I wouldn't want to go out after a season like the past one. HOWEVER, by coming back he has proven himself to be either a fool or a liar, since he said he wanted to come back only if they had a winning team. The Packers will be better than last season, but not much. He should have retired.

Agreed, although there's always the 'x' factor that is chemestry. Unless this team really believes in one another and can galvanize under Favre, they're resigned to .500 at best. I still wonder what the Falcons would have been like under Favre, though.

Eh, probably right at 8-8 instead of constant inconsistancy.

I doubt they'll even get five wins. I believe it's Javon Walker that want's out of Green Bay and with him out of the picture all they got left is Driver. Pretty much the only thing to look foward to in Green Bay is A.J. Hawk when they draft him.

I hope he plays even worse than last year, and shits all over his already tainted legacy. He's a prime example of the "They played too long" theory. He just isn't that good anymore, and during this off-season he's also shown himself to be quite a grade A prick as well.

Also nice of him to give the Pakcers 3 DAYS to get ready for the draft, with absolutly new plans. It's bad enough Green Bay had no idea what to do in Free Agency since Favre decided to lead them on. I was never a huge fan of his, but now he's dropped right down my list.

Douchebag.

I dont think his legacy is really tainted, but if I was Green Bay I would tell him he is either sitting on the bench or staying home. The young QB they have needs to get in some experience, he has great potential and the team needs to build around him. Farve staying, as the starter, puts a damper on those plans. Farve won his Superbowl, so he doesn't have much of a reason to stay. He probably just can't imagine his life away from the game.

I love how deluded you fucking cheeseheads get over Favre. He's one of the most over-rated quarterbacks ever. Yeah, he was a great player, but he tries to force things and do it all on his own far too often. The Pack's blatantly finishing bottom of the NFC North next season. Well, maybe second from bottom, the Vikes won't be much cop either.

I hope he plays even worse than last year, and shits all over his already tainted legacy. He's a prime example of the "They played too long" theory. He just isn't that good anymore, and during this off-season he's also shown himself to be quite a grade A prick as well.

Also nice of him to give the Pakcers 3 DAYS to get ready for the draft, with absolutly new plans. It's bad enough Green Bay had no idea what to do in Free Agency since Favre decided to lead them on. I was never a huge fan of his, but now he's dropped right down my list.

Douchebag.

Nothing in the draft has changed, espically since Super Mario signed with Houston. AJ Hawk was and still is the Packers pick.

Would everyone have liked Favre's decision earlier? Yes

Are the Packers chances better with him than without him? Yes

Are the Packers going to go to the playoffs? Prolly not, but depending on teh effectiveness of Thompson's draft and the injurys next season (which really was the reason of the shitty season) they do have a chance.

Its Hawk, Davis, or D'Brick. The Saints might take Hawk with the 4th if they trade with the Jets. Which would leave Vernon Davis and D'Brick for the Packers. I think the smarter decision would be to draft D'Brick, but they might opt to give Favre some weapons(and eventually Rodgers) and go with Davis.

As someone from Wisconsin, I can tell you that Favre is a big deal here and I would understand their wanthing him back, as everybody would love to have a HOF QB. That being said, Favre isn't that HOF QB they want anymore. He does force things way too much and ends up getting picked off a billion times. Packers fan are very homer-oriented in that if someone says that they won't do good, they have to come up with excuses. Yes, I know that they had a shitload of injuries last year, but do you see the Patriots crying about it? No, they made the fucking playoffs. Had they had a healthy Javon Walker, then yeah they would've been a bit better because he's the one that would save Favre's ass when he would throw shit up in the air like that. But guess what? He's gone. Oh and I guess Favre is back now, then they'll automatically have a good year? Wrong, he needs somebody to fucking throw to seeing as how Driver wants out now too.

So that leaves them with...Ahman Green? Yeah, that's about it on Offense. On D, they're a solid, young team that's transitioning (again) with a new D-Coordinator. Unforunately for them, their defense isn't strong enough to carry a very lackluster offense, therefore Packer fans will lucky to witness a .500 season.

I love it when homers are blinded by the fact that their team really does suck. At least I acknowledge that the 49ers suck becuase they do. They don't have any bonafide superstar on their team anymore now that their big two on D, Plummer and Peterson, are gone. It'll be interesting to see if they try to move up to 2 to get Bush.