The Game Concepts You Can't Stand

Benji

VII is overrated. I beat it by accident. I just ran into Sephiroth, whipped the shit out of him, and thought that I would have to fight him again, only for it to go 'nope, thats it, it's over.' Bullshit.

X is far and away my favorite. It has my favorite characters (Wakka and Rikku), and the best mini-game. The fact that it is continued in X2 is great.

I find this kinda funny, since it seemed practically impossible to lose against the boss in FFX.

Which one? The one that came before the ending or the one that you fought as part of the ending? Nobody really counts the last one since he's much like...

The fight against human Sephiroth in FFVII, or something like that. Braska's Final Summon is the final boss, everything after is just storytelling.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VII is overrated. I beat it by accident. I just ran into Sephiroth, whipped the shit out of him, and thought that I would have to fight him again, only for it to go 'nope, thats it, it's over.' Bullshit.

X is far and away my favorite. It has my favorite characters (Wakka and Rikku), and the best mini-game. The fact that it is continued in X2 is great.

I find this kinda funny, since it seemed practically impossible to lose against the boss in FFX.

Which one? The one that came before the ending or the one that you fought as part of the ending? Nobody really counts the last one since he's much like...

The fight against human Sephiroth in FFVII, or something like that. Braska's Final Summon is the final boss, everything after is just storytelling.

Even though the end bady was easy, the one leading up to it (I can't remember the name) was easy for me...I just gave all my money to Yujimbo, and he killed him).

The problem with Resident Evil is you have to rotate the character by pressing side to side then pushing back to go forwards and forwards to go back. Annoying.

It was probably because I was so used to strafing by then, but at the start I hated the Onimusha games because of the control system, and Resi Evil was no different.

EDIT: And every boss is easy if you just spam Yojimbo. The game's not meant to be played like that, you see, and BFA is quite difficult if you haven't done the Sphere Grid properly.

I haven't played FFX in ages, so I can't EXACTLY remember who is who, but fighting Tidus' Dad, which as I remember was the last boss before the end boss (who was piss easy) was easy without spamming Yojimbo. I just did that on my second time around, and realised it worked as well.

The fight with Seymour on top of Mt Gagezet is perhaps the hardest i think.

Is it cock...O'oaka's bother/cousin/whatever just before the fight sells armor with Zombie protection. You just buy several of those and he's a piece of piss.

The final string of bosses on FFX was one of the few things I really didn't like about the game. Sin, Seymour Omnis, and then Yu-Yevon were all far too easy. Not to mention Ultima and Omega weapon in the Omega ruins, they were far harder in the previous games and t was disappointing to find that getting to them was tougher than actually killing them.

One thing that did help was the monster breeder in the Calm lands. Some of the monsters there were practically impossible yo defeat, which was good.

Well i always found Seymour the "hardest" non bonus boss due to the time when you meet him and that one bad ass attack he has that i can't remember now, he also banish you're aeons which is the first boss to do that i think?

Also i've heard Penance is near to impossible although i have no fought him so i'd be interested to hear from anyone who has defeated him on that.

The fight with Seymour on top of Mt Gagezet is perhaps the hardest i think.

Is it cock...O'oaka's bother/cousin/whatever just before the fight sells armor with Zombie protection. You just buy several of those and he's a piece of piss.

The final string of bosses on FFX was one of the few things I really didn't like about the game. Sin, Seymour Omnis, and then Yu-Yevon were all far too easy. Not to mention Ultima and Omega weapon in the Omega ruins, they were far harder in the previous games and t was disappointing to find that getting to them was tougher than actually killing them.

One thing that did help was the monster breeder in the Calm lands. Some of the monsters there were practically impossible yo defeat, which was good.

I dislike RTS's with no strategy involved. Command & Conquer, Warcrafts etc. the ones I can stand are the likes of Warhammer 40K: Dawn Of War and the Total War series.

Also, to the raging RPG conversation, the two games that set the standards for RPG's are Fallout 2 and Planescape: Torment. No need to even argue that shit there.

I dislike RTS's with no strategy involved. Command & Conquer, Warcrafts etc. the ones I can stand are the likes of Warhammer 40K: Dawn Of War and the Total War series.

Also, to the raging RPG conversation, the two games that set the standards for RPG's are Fallout 2 and Planescape: Torment. No need to even argue that shit there.

Well, PC RPGs at least. But definitely as far as PC RPGs are concerned those two revolutionized the entire genre in using new technology to near perfection as well as creating the style of game which is mostly still copied today.

Well, PC RPGs at least. But definitely as far as PC RPGs are concerned those two revolutionized the entire genre in using new technology to near perfection as well as creating the style of game which is mostly still copied today.

No, RPGs. There is not a single RPG on any console or computer I would take, in good conscience, over Fallout.

Yeah, but Fallout and Planescape didn't revolutionize Japanese RPGs at all. Dragon Quest set the standard which is copied/expanded upon in Japan. Fallout and Planescape did the same for the PCs.

Dragon Quest was a bitch when I was a kid on NES. Maybe I'm thinking of Dragon Warrior though, one of those two.

They're the same game. Dragon Quest is the title in Japan, and Dragon Warrior in the U.S. It worked like this up until Dragon Quest VIII when Square Enix decided to keep the Japanese title for English release.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mike Strike

Kingdom Hearts definately needs to die. Being a big Disney hater, I will not play the game no matter how fun it supposedly is, and wish the idea should've been shit on by everyone, not embraced and excused. Oh well.

Kingdom Hearts definately needs to die. Being a big Disney hater, I will not play the game no matter how fun it supposedly is, and wish the idea should've been shit on by everyone, not embraced and excused. Oh well.

So basically your saying you have a completely irrational hatred & are letting it override any common sense?

I don't think that's irrational at all. If I hated Disney characters, I wouldn't play a game full of Disney characters, regardless of the gameplay. Just like if I hated Nintendo characters, I probably wouldn't enjoy Super Smash Brothers all that much, despite the gameplay being excellent, but on the flipside, I can find enjoyment in even the worst of the old WWF games.

Plus, your response was hyperboletastic. "Common sense" doesn't really dictate whether or not you should like a video game.