Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

Anyone pre-ordered this from play.com?

I did, now it has disapeared from my outstanding orders and order history, I'm not sure what has happened, usually it will say processing or posted.

I don't want to order again, incase two turn up.

Hmm, same thing seems to have happened to me. What platform did you order it for? Mine's 360.

Same thing happened with me and something else I ordered on Play.com. Not really too sure what to do.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and your character is transformed into a hot young woman while feuding with Edge thanks to a magic wand.

I'm surprised nobody has picked up on that gem from the preview of season mode. Often I was playing 06 and thinking that magic wand related storylines were the only thing keeping it from being a truly awesome game...

The tone of the review worries me a little - it sounded to me like it's yet another typical Smackdown release; for every new feature they've added, there's something else that has annoyingly gone backwards (looks like loading times this year).

I've always found Smackdown games tend to run a cycle of innovation and trying something new (This year, for definate), and the year after is refining that system and getting it right.

And I hope the magic wand thing is just the reviewer being a bit of a prat and flippantly describing something where you have to take control of a diva. I really don't want magic in my Smackdown games. I struggled playing through the "Urn controls the Undertaker" storyline last year.

Anyone pre-ordered this from play.com?

I did, now it has disapeared from my outstanding orders and order history, I'm not sure what has happened, usually it will say processing or posted.

I don't want to order again, incase two turn up.

Hmm, same thing seems to have happened to me. What platform did you order it for? Mine's 360.

Edited by Enter LBTN

Load times are always atrocious in the Smackdown games, that should come as no surprise whatsoever. Seriously, I can make a grilled cheese and brew a pot of coffee if I want to have an Elimination Chamber with six CAWs. Hopefully they won't be as bad on the 360.

I wouldn't be suprised if they're even worse, Zero, because CAWs now have 64 layers instead of 32. It's going to make them look fucking amazing, sure, but the extra layers the CPU would have to load is gonna make it a double edged sword for definite.

(I'm sure it's 64, might have been 61 >_>)

Edited by Kaneanite

I wouldn't be suprised if they're even worse, Zero, because CAWs now have 64 layers instead of 32. It's going to make them look fucking amazing, sure, but the extra layers the CPU would have to load is gonna make it a double edged sword for definite.

(I'm sure it's 64, might have been 61 >_>)

Damn, 64 layers? I didn't know that, now it's going to take for fucking ever just to even create someone. Thank God for online trading... still pissed about the custom theme music though.

"Poor AI and unavoidable chain attacks can get frustrating."

They need some competition or an overhaul or something. Smackdown's series is starting to feel to me much like the Madden NFL series does when I play it I feel like i'm playing the exact same game I was playing 5 years ago with little to no differences.

Zero - Did people start letting up on the whole trade CAW thing online? When I first got the game and I went online people would only trade CAWs nobody would just send one to you and I thought that was quite ridiculous considering THQ put the whole system in place so you wouldn't have to go on and spend an hour on a CAW at a time.

Nice to see that Austin has the smoking skull belt and that Tazz is the Tazz we all know and love.

Edited by JoeMimic

Perfecting AI in a wrestling game is always going to be difficult. The only game that ever did it right was Fire Pro. Even in No Mercy, you can win a match in 45 seconds with little problem.

And I never had a problem trading CAWs online.