Liam

Best album of these four?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Best album is....?

• Nirvana "Nevermind"
    • Red Hot Chilli Peppers "BloodSugarSexMagic"
    • Guns N' Roses "Use Your Illusion I"
    • Guns N' Roses "Use Your Illuison II"

With three pretty big alternative albums being released in the space of a few weeks recently (Pearl Jam, Tool and RHCP), I thought I'd go back to 1991 to four albums released in the space of two weeks in September.

Simple, which is the best album of these four?

BTW, I got the information of them being released from Kerrang!, so no, I don't just hoard useless information :shifty:

I voted for Nevermind. Never been a big fan of GnR, and even though Blood Sugar is immense, it's second best in this poll (though a close, close, if you had asked me on a different day I might say first close second).

Even I'll admit to how cliche Nirvana "changing someones life" or whatever is, but Nevermind was THE album that opened me up to the music world. I love BSSM and that runs it close, but Nevermind is the album that did the most for me.

While all are great albums, I don't consider any of them to be any of the best albums of all time, or anything like that, but Nevermind was a large part of the music of my childhood, and is a far more iconic album as a whole, so it wins out over the others with ease.

In terms of what it did to music as a whole, "Nevermind" by leaps and bounds.

As far as musical content, RHCP. That album is a showcase of a hungry band being caught at just the right time by just the right people. It is an album that likely defines that band and will probably do so as long as they are around.

Guest Bluesman

Nevermind was and still is overproduced, overhyped shit.

BSSM is quite good.

UYI I is okay, more miss than hit.

UYI II takes it. The best collection of songs out of the 4 by far.