Entire Juventus board resigns

Guest Small Red

The commentators just said that there is the hearing tomorrow to decide what happens to the teams. Unfortunately, I think winning the World Cup might make the decisions a bit different.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muddatrucker

Theres belief that the win could overshadow the verdict but I've heard that Juve's lightest punishment could be relegation to serie b, either way, I can't wait for the Italian bootsale.

Guest Small Red

Yeah, they probably won't go heavy on the punishment just to save the Italian leagues. Although if a team gets relegated to Serie B, it's not like the team would be down there all that long if most of their players stay put. One year and back in Serie A, no?

Guest muddatrucker

Yeah, they probably won't go heavy on the punishment just to save the Italian leagues. Although if a team gets relegated to Serie B, it's not like the team would be down there all that long if most of their players stay put. One year and back in Serie A, no?

They still won't get the finances to support their players wages. The sponsor won't want to sponsor a Serie B club anymore, gate receipts will be down and the players will still expect their huge wages. Cutbacks are always made when clubs get relegated.

I don't think relegation just one division would hit the sides that much myself. These teams are so huge (Fioré managed to recover from bankruptcy and reopening to reach this level in half a dozen years) so these sides names could help them, Man City still sold out in Division 2 and they're not the same size as Milan and Juventus so may not affect them that much.

Some of the more mercenary inclined players may jump ship but I suspect they'll be able to bounce back these sides.

Even though Juventus are about 50 times the size of Man. City, they don't sell out the Delli Alpi. It's a shithole of a stadium which their fans hate, and most of their fans are from outside Turin anyway.

With Juve being reccomended to go to Serie C, most of their players have said they will leave. Del Piero is the exception, although rumour has it Nedved will stay as well. Mutu has already joined Fiorentina, Cannavaro, Veira, Emmerson and Buffon have been heavily linked to follow Capello to Madrid.

The 4 teams may well recover within a few years, but this is something that has to be done. Stripping Juventus of their last 2 titles is also part of the punishment.

I think if it happens, it's a shame for these big clubs to be relegated. It'll destroy the Italian league. I would prefer if they just docked a load of points from the clubs involved for the upcoming season. Have Juve start on -30 or something. Then at least you don't have to muck up the leagues by relegating them and promoting others.

That being said, I'd love to play as Juve in Serie C on the next FM >_>

That one should be a giggle actually, linkify.

On the subjhect of players leaving... I'd read something that said Buffon had something to do with it as well. Would the IFF be able to punish him in some way if the evidence proves his involvement?

I'll try and find some linkage now on his involvement.

Guest Ringo Hates Divers

Buffon's involved in another scandal. Him and several other players bet money on their own games. That scandal was silenced when this one broke out.