World Cup 2006

Dan

With the new harsher rules on diving in on tackles and the like there are likely to be more penalties (making Lampard more desirable).

Also the referees are supposed to be cutting down on encroaching from players and goalie when penalties are being taken so again, penalty takers...

Cech - Czech Republic - 5m

Gallas - France - 6.5m

Kromkamp - Holland - 3m

Valente - Portugal - 3m

Senderos - Switzerland - 4.5m

Kaka - Brazil - 6m

Schweinsteiger - Germany - 4m

Essien - Ghana - 3.5m

Joaquin - Spain - 5.5m

Kezman - Serbia & Montenegro - 4.5m

Shevchenko - Ukraine - 5.5m

That's my team, not one English player and I managed to get just one player from a team at most just to make it more challenging. My limit was 50m and I think it's worked out about right. So yeah, I don't think I'll win but it's better than one of the other people doing it who picked a load of players he'd never heard of thinking he knew about football. :P

Where do we sign up?

We need an EWB league.

I cant wait till monday when the us faces the Cxechs beause that should the game that decides ho wt the us will likely perform for mos of the tournament cause it is likely the way they will perform for most of the tournament. If theny when then I think that they can possibley when the group.

I cant wait till monday when the us faces the Cxechs beause that should the game that decides ho wt the us will likely perform for mos of the tournament cause it is likely the way they will perform for most of the tournament. If theny when then I think that they can possibley when the group.

Edited by IAceI

Just a reminder for those who didn't (as more people will check this thread than may have done that one) sign up

http://www.fantasyfacup.com/worldcup/leagues/424

Add your predictions and join the EWB league.

That's a pretty nice prediction system they have set up there. I've made my predictions. I'm being boldly patriotic and hoping England can dump out Argentina, Brazil and Italy back to back to lift the cup. =\

So yeah, accept my membership please.

I've got a feeling that Ronaldo will come good for one last world cup.

If Rooney is back by the third game, he'll be up their with the top scorers, if he's 90% fit.

I'm getting excited now, I love the world cup, it's non-stop football for over a month - awesome.

I've got a feeling that Ronaldo will come good for one last world cup.

If Rooney is back by the third game, he'll be up their with the top scorers, if he's 90% fit.

I'm getting excited now, I love the world cup, it's non-stop football for over a month - awesome.

They're a good team when they play well, but they don't have enough depth to trouble the Group of Death to be honest.

That's not the Group of Death. The Group of Death has to be F (Brazil, Croatia, Japan, Australia).

Edited by IAceI

Guest Ringo Mars

There are two group of deaths. There's the one with Holland, Argentina, S&M and Ivory Coast. And, to a lesser extent, the one with Italy, the Czech Rep, Ghana and the USA.

I think any team of Australia, Croatia and Japan are better than Serbia or Ivory Coast.

Group F is the GoD for me, with E and C close behind.

I can see any of the other three group F teams qualifying for the knock-out stage along with Brazil. I think USA have a chance of advancing from Group E. Serbia and Ivory Coast have no chance of making the knockouts, IMO.

Serbia will be riding high after winning their group though, with relative ease as well. Okay so it was 6 wins and 4 draws but they still finished 1st.

Croatia are pretty bad and Japan got a boost last year with them being host. Neither team are good to be honest and I'd say that both would lose to Serbia & Montenegro and Ivory Coast if they played against them.

Australia would probably lose to both of them as well. But we'll see how it all goes in just a few days.

I love World Cup debates ^_^

Does the tournament HAVE TO have a group of death? Not only are none of the groups really that stacked to be deserving of the title, but it just sounds stupid anyway.