World Cup 2006

Dan

Oh, I've liked Argentinian players, but just their way of carrying themselves pisses me off. At the end of the day, the game is about sportsmanship as much as anything, a characteristic that Arrgentina and Italy nearly always lack just doesn't make me want to like them as a collective.

The biggest team I follow other than England is Holland, and thats because for the most part, they mix the great football with a sense of sportsmanship that some of the bigger teams lack.

I'd just like to say that not all of us US fans are delusional like Dukes. I pretty much wrote the Czech game off as a loss unless something badass happened. I didn't expect a 3-Nil loss though.

If we play like that again, we're done, and might get swept out. We really have to step up the intensity to get past Italy, and if we don't get the win, we're done for, I'm afraid.

I think most of us hoped that we would atleast pull out the draw in that game since it would have keep us in line to atleast challange to advance to the next round. Now we definatly have to get atleast a draw against Italy and win against Ghana to likely have a chance of advancing. Arena definatly needs to change some guys in the lineup and hopefully he puts Eddie Johnson in at the beginning or things will look pretty grim.

I am not sure why he didnt start, he may not have been able to score in the last couple of US send off matches but it looked like he was starting to get things turned around after a minor foot injury that he had. Before that foot injury and in the first 8 games he played in for the US he had 8 goals I think it was so he definatly can be a threat. I was kinda surprised when the game started and he wasnt out there next to McBride so the only one that really knows why Johnson didnt start is Arena.

I thought me wearing my USA shirt would give you luck ¬_¬

From what I've heard, and seen today, of Eddie Johnson he should definitely be starting. A 4-4-2 would probably work better from the off than this 4-5-1 you've got going. And Donovan needs to step it up, we've seen what he can do before, now it's the big tournament, now it's time to do it.

Cup's over for the US, they can't beat Italy and it looks like even Ghana will give them a run for their money. Oh and by the off chance we some how get a miracle, we only have to look forward to Brazil. I've said it all along to anyone who will listen(probably not on here, but to friends and others) Group E is not the group of death but it is a group of the death for the US. There weren't too many more worse possible group matchups for this team than what they got.

See, it's not that US fans thought we could win it all this go-round. We just wanted to emphasize that the quarterfinal run wasn't a fluke or quirk of a soft schedule as others keep claiming it was. It seems as though even that's gone now. *sigh*

Oh well -- at least I can smile at Brazil tomorrow.

*continues grumbling that they could've been in a draw with France or Spain and got this instead*

See, it's not that US fans thought we could win it all this go-round. We just wanted to emphasize that the quarterfinal run wasn't a fluke or quirk of a soft schedule as others keep claiming it was. It seems as though even that's gone now. *sigh*

*continues grumbling that they could've been in a draw with France or Spain and got this instead*

Like we could beat the French and the Spanish?

Like we could beat the French and the Spanish?

Switzerland are awesome. Not awesome enough to win though >_>

Brazil v Croatia 3 - 1

South Korea v Togo 3 – 1

France v Switzerland 2 – 0

Edited by The DanArockalypse

Guest Ringo Mars

The biggest team I follow other than England is Holland, and thats because for the most part, they mix the great football with a sense of sportsmanship that some of the bigger teams lack.