World Cup 2006

Dan

Wow. What an awesome match. So close in the last 20 minutes with Poland desperately hanging on. I didn't think German were made to score tonight with 2 off the bar, but in the end they did. I was rooting for the Poles, not sure why, because if Poland were unable to beat Costa Rica, it coulda meant that we ended playing Germany in the second round.

But yeh, all 3 matches have been entertaining and thus concluding my favourite day of the cup so far.

But bring on England!

A couple things:

1. "Football is a game of 90 minutes, and then the Germans win." -- Gary Lineker

2. They've been mentioning that Sami Al-Jaber's goal makes him the fifth players to score in two separate World Cups 12 years apart (he scored in USA 94). I know Pele (1958, 1970) and Maradona (1982, 1994) are two of the others. Who are the remaining two?

What a set of games, though. And for those who said USA couldn't beat Ukraine, you still think so?