World Cup 2006

Dan

Guest Bosstown Boy

Well, I have to say I'm happy with the half. A lot of fouls on the US, but I think we should continue to play a physical game with the Italians.

That second red card was a make-up call for the blown offsides call probably.

I think the one thing the US team should worry about is their passing game going into the next half. There was some horrible passing going on out there.

I really have a tough time with the being a red card, though I suppose I can see where you could argue that it was. In the EPL or Serie A that's a yellow at best, and if that was an English player this collective board would be shitting bricks at that call.

Edited by What Would Jesus Do?

The Italians are either weaklings or diving a lot. Either way, the ref's been falling for it with the foul tally. There's a reason the Americans don't like the Italians.

The Italian game has ALWAYS been to dive. They or Argentina are probably the best nation at diving and other dirty tactics.

Ouch... after seeing the replay, that's the most blatant red I've seen so far except the elbow.

Fucking stupid tackle.

Pointless (yes, he was going to score from the centre circle, wasn't he Paul?)

Late

Two-footed

Studs showing.

Nowhere near the fucking ball...

Blatant red.

Edited by TheReilDeal

ending-Off Offences

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the following seven offences:

1. is guilty of serious foul play

2. is guilty of violent conduct

3. spits at an opponent or any other person

4. denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

5. denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

6. uses offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

7. receives a second caution in the same match.

A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off and shown the red card must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.

Decision 4

A tackle, which endangers the safety of an opponent, must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

From the FIFA rules, tell me again, how is it not a red?