World Cup 2006

Dan

Wow.

John Harkes on commentary (who has EPL experience and therefore may be someone you might half-listen to) is absolutely ripping into Wayne Rooney, even using the word "scouser" to describe him and his behavior. He called Rooney a disgrace.

Wow.

No way?! He is saying he is from Liverpool? :o

Rooney did nothing wrong. The refereeing this tournament has been atrocious (possibly even worse than Japorea, which is difficult), and there needs to be a complete overhaul of the system. Oh boo fucking hoo, Rooney pushed Ronaldo. I'm sure little Cristiano is more than capable of handling himself (what he did to Rooney before the game, for example).

Rooney gets sent off for a harmless push, but players are allowed to roll around on the floor, dive and get away with it scot free. Look at Maniche, he went down clutching his face - the referee knew he was faking it but didn't book him - why? That's cheating, much worse than a push.

Edited by therockbox

Like Shearer said England are too honest and nice when it comes to football, and it's cost them time and time again. They've produced some of the best ever talents, they should have won numerous World Cups by now. They need to harden up and play dirty if it comes to it.

Rooney did nothing wrong. The refereeing this tournament has been atrocious (possibly even worse than Japorea, which is difficult), and there needs to be a complete overhaul of the system. Oh boo fucking hoo, Rooney pushed Ronaldo. I'm sure little Cristiano is more than capable of handling himself (what he did to Rooney before the game, for example).

Rooney gets sent off for a harmless push, but players are allowed to roll around on the floor, dive and get away with it scot free. Look at Maniche, he went down clutching his face - the referee knew he was faking it but didn't book him - why? That's cheating, much worse than a push.

He had like ten Portugal players charging at him begging for him to be sent off, how the heck would you feel if that happened to you? He had every right to be pissed off

Perhaps it's easier when you're not in the heat of battle, but if a bunch of people are being jackasses and calling for your head on a silver platter, _walk away_. Just let them act like complete morons while you continue to do whatever you can to lower the tension. The LAST thing you should do is get into a machismo contest with them.

There's an old saying in US sports: "They always catch the second foul." Rooney did the worst thing humanly possible when he retaliated.

Part of it is that everyone in the US who watched the game is assuming that Rooney was sent off for standing on the groin of an opponent. Which, if it's true, makes sense.

Yes, but the referee didn't see that. And even on replay you can't say that it was purposeful. ABC and ESPN are being clueless with covering the red card, but if the U.S. was playing they'd be treating it like the Mastroeni red card. To put it in perspective.

And an edit about the match. France has been outplaying Brazil so far, but I think if they don't score soon their age (they are an old team) will catch up with them. But you never know really. I wouldn't be surprised to see another match go to PKs.

Edited by damshow

Part of it is that everyone in the US who watched the game is assuming that Rooney was sent off for standing on the groin of an opponent. Which, if it's true, makes sense.

He had like ten Portugal players charging at him begging for him to be sent off, how the heck would you feel if that happened to you? He had every right to be pissed off

Perhaps it's easier when you're not in the heat of battle, but if a bunch of people are being jackasses and calling for your head on a silver platter, _walk away_. Just let them act like complete morons while you continue to do whatever you can to lower the tension. The LAST thing you should do is get into a machismo contest with them.

There's an old saying in US sports: "They always catch the second foul." Rooney did the worst thing humanly possible when he retaliated.

And as an old saying goes, nobody cares what US Sports say when it comes down to football.

...so yeah, no-one DOES care what the US has to say about football, because if that's any indicator, it doesn't make any sense. Besides, I may be crude, violent, and profane, but I'm not racist. I just hate Ronaldo and Portugal.

Edited by Be Hates Cristiano Ronaldo

Cheats is such a vague word. We prefer to call them, among other things, 'disgusting, shit-eating, greasy-haired bastard sons of donkey-fucking cunts'. Rolls off the tongue you see.

Cripes, and you wonder why football has a racism problem? This is one area the US is at least 40 years ahead of you guys.

Dude, I hear at least one racial slur each day. We are not any better than Europe in terms of racism.