World Cup 2006

Dan

He had like ten Portugal players charging at him begging for him to be sent off, how the heck would you feel if that happened to you? He had every right to be pissed off

Perhaps it's easier when you're not in the heat of battle, but if a bunch of people are being jackasses and calling for your head on a silver platter, _walk away_. Just let them act like complete morons while you continue to do whatever you can to lower the tension. The LAST thing you should do is get into a machismo contest with them.

There's an old saying in US sports: "They always catch the second foul." Rooney did the worst thing humanly possible when he retaliated.

And as an old saying goes, nobody cares what US Sports say when it comes down to football.

The day Cristiano Ronaldo wins anything other than a Daytime Emmy is the day football has become so diabolical I switch my allegiance to baseball.

Let's face it - biased, unbiased, objective, subjective, whatever - he dives. He dives. He cheats. He is generally a big Jr. Figo, only he has that whole "vulnerable kid" thing about him which only helps his cause.

I'm not a racist. I have no problem with the Portuguese people. I like their country, and I have friends from there. Even those friends will admit, however, that their football team is full of dirty cunts who wouldn't know the rules of the game if they came up and clouted them around the face. Which, let's face it, is exactly what Rooney should've done.

It's almost ingrained in the Portuguese team, as it is in a lot of Latin teams it seems, to cheat outrageously. And, let's face it, it's one of Scolari's trademarks. Brazil 2002? Cheats. Portugal 2004? Cheats. Portugal 2006? Big cheats.

Shearer was saying we need to play dirty, and get stuck in more, to get ahead? No thanks, Al. It's frustrating as Hell, but I'd rather England went out with their heads held high, knowing they were the better team, than won the tournament by turning into the team we lost to today.

Portugal's performance today was a fucking travesty. I was watching that game in the pub today. The owner of the pub is about 65, he's been a football fan since he was knee-high, he's Spanish so he clearly has more reason to support Portugal than us, and he reckons this was the most dishonest and disgusting display of international football he's ever seen. I'd have to agree with him.

In conclusion, the England team deserve a hero's welcome. Portugal deserve flaming crucifixion.

EDIT: I want my babies, Be.

Edited by Sephiroth Clone

Ya see, youre from Portugal, so you dont see the Premiership, and well, Ronaldo is shit. And he hasnt done anything in this tournament to prove otherwise.

Actually at the weekends we get the Premiership, La Liga and Italy's Serie A here (Y)