World Cup 2006

Dan

If Portugal win we riot.

It'll be no use, C. Ronaldo will go down hurt if someone breaths in his general direction. I hope to god that Rooney breaks his legs in the first training session back at Man.U

I wouldn't be surprised if C. Ronaldo is transferred/beated half to death out the EPL now actually.

True

Don't forget Germany beat us in 2 consecutive shootouts...mind you, at least they didn't CHEAT as much as PORTUGAL.

I'll be honest in not having read anything about the game in this topic, but

• England did the typical "gutsy exit"

• Rooney's sending off was a bit "blah"....he fell back on the guy, and the push was nothing OTT...but I can see why he went, though I don't think he should have

• Cristiano Ronaldo can go choke on a dick...that, or come back to the Premiership and get cleared out by Terry in the first Man U vs Chelsea match

• that...or when he goes back to training with Rooney, Neville and Ferdinand

• They didn't deserve to lose to a Portugal who couldn't beat us in 120 minutes after 60 minutes with 10 men, but they deserved fuck all else

• I wanted France to win, I said Brazil wouldn't retain the title, I hope France win

Yea Ronaldo to Madrid I think.

He had like ten Portugal players charging at him begging for him to be sent off, how the heck would you feel if that happened to you? He had every right to be pissed off

Perhaps it's easier when you're not in the heat of battle, but if a bunch of people are being jackasses and calling for your head on a silver platter, _walk away_. Just let them act like complete morons while you continue to do whatever you can to lower the tension. The LAST thing you should do is get into a machismo contest with them.

There's an old saying in US sports: "They always catch the second foul." Rooney did the worst thing humanly possible when he retaliated.

And as an old saying goes, nobody cares what US Sports say when it comes down to football.

Never heard that one before.

Well you have now mate (Y)

Actually, I went back through the thread a little, and I find the Lampard hate astounding. He again was trying harder than a lot of the players on the pitch, again there were players around him who weren't doing much of note either....sad really. All of England's midfield (aside from Joe Cole, probably...and Hargreaves, if you count him as one) has had a bad World Cup by their own high standards, none of them should be exempt from criticism. Lampard sucked, but a lot of players sucked with him and he seems as much of a scapegoat as anyone.

Edited by liamwannabe

I get why he is getting it, but no-one else has done fuck all else of note either....I'd rather rip apart the side as a whole, or Sven, rather than look at a player who has fashioned most of his own chances anyway, whether he scored or not. There were enough other regular poor England players without picking out Lampard is all I'm saying.

Lampard's just not been in form since Christmas. Gerrard's been in better form yet he neither has been in brilliant form at the World Cup. Ultimately Sven's got the two of them playing in eachothers' shoes the whole time, Joe Cole out of position and constantly running in, Hargreaves and Carragher filling in all over the place and Rooney and/or Crouch shoved up on their own. He's tactically inept and we're best rid of him.

And for those who show the stats saying "ooooh look at his win/loss ratio, screw it....We SHOULD be winning those games we won but when we get into serious games Sven is too cowardly to tell us to play agressively. Gary Neville, when made captain, was shouting and screaming - he was an inspiration for that second half onwards.

Oh, and now I can say Sven "was" rather than "is". That feels good :D

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

At least Lampard managed to get shots on target, not many others were doing so. Might not of had many good shots but at least the effort was there. If you don't shoot, you can;t score.