World Cup 2006

Dan

If the referee recognises that a player has dived during the game (like he did on numerous occasions tonight) there's no excuse for not booking them or sending them off. If you book a player during the match he's very unlikely to dive again, because he knows he'll be off. Ignore it and he'll keep trying.

I do agree that a panel should review the divers after the match, to make sure they don't escape. But I feel that if it's seen in the match, they need booked to tell them not to do it again. If they do it again, red card - no excuses. :-\

I do agree that a panel should review the divers after the match, to make sure they don't escape. But I feel that if it's seen in the match, they need booked to tell them not to do it again. If they do it again, red card - no excuses. :-\

So that pretty much takes care of most of the Portuguese, Italian, and Ukranian rosters.

So that pretty much takes care of most of the Portuguese, Italian, and Ukranian rosters.

Squads* :P

Yes yes, forgive me. I'm still American, only now am I getting any acqauintance with good football.

Squads* :P

Well, I've previously said it, I'd like to see some of the European leagues (esp. EPL) but isn't shown much in the States. We have this halfass MLS, I never seen it but it's well known it's not quality.

Meanwhile, I typed up this little bit here for a MySpace bulletin. I have some friends who support Portugal, even one who is Portuguese (and she's defended them several times against the Brazilian fans). Anyway, here's what I wrote...

Well well, the French have finally done some justice for football. As much as I'd rather not see the French win, at least they play the game right.

Portugal now has to settle for matching 1966, I hope they don't. A bunch of cheating fucking divers, that's all they are. They all go down faster than a cheap whore, you'll always seem to find someone in a red jersey on the ground. Leading the World Cup in yellow cards, tied for most red cards, in the top three for most fouls (if not the leaders)... is this something Portuguese fans are proud of?

Cristiano Ronaldo ... the biggest crook of them all. I'm happy he's not in the final. He got his wish when he told Wayne Rooney before the match that he was getting sent off. Your job as a player is to not officiate, the ref never saw the fact two Portuguese players trying to push down Rooney, never saw Rooney trying to get up over the Port on the ground, who was trying to knock him over again. It wasn't until after C.Ronaldo had his persuasion on the ref until Rooney got the red and sent off. The evidence is out there, whether you want to believe it or not is a diff story.

I bet you C.Ronaldo is begging Malcolm Glazer and his staff to get transferred out of Man U., cause Rooney and Co. are gonna give the guy some hell if he ever steps in Old Trafford again.

Portugal, you're not going to win on Saturday. You're not going to get 3rd place, you're not going to repeat 1966. At least me and fans of true football hope Germany wins. Besides, Germany is too much on a roll (minus the Italy match) and with home field advantage is a huge advantage.

When France plays defensively like Italy, I prefer to forgive Italy for that penalty against Australia, and not forgive France for that penalty that wasn't "seen" by the ref, but whatever. English rule this board like their beer belly exists and believe all the newspapers tell them.

When France plays defensively like Italy, I prefer to forgive Italy for that penalty against Australia, and not forgive France for that penalty that wasn't "seen" by the ref, but whatever. English rule this board like their beer belly exists and believe all the newspapers tell them.

How do you plan on playing Germany in a more friendly atmosphere? They're going to boo you more than anyone else fucking has.

Stop being a delusional fuckwit and imagining penalties that weren't even there. Admit your team are a bunch of greasy diving cunts and maybe we'll all get a long just fine.

Edited by Robster

Our newspapers didn't tell us the cheats are cheaters, it's plain for anyone to see. Did you hear the boos Ronaldo got every time he went near the ball?

Exactly.

If it was just the English, the Italians/Germans in the crowd wouldn't have booed Ronaldo to fuck tonight.

I try, but there are teams worse than us.

Hell, we were worse in 2000, 2002, during the whole 90's and it took you all those years to realise how good we were at diving.

Oh rite, the age old hand foul.

Our newspapers didn't tell us the cheats are cheaters, it's plain for anyone to see. Did you hear the boos Ronaldo got every time he went near the ball?

Edited by IAceI