World Cup 2006

Dan

Time for some celebrating, German style http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3382491587979249836

I don't know how that's German style......but :lmao:

Germans love David Hasselhoff. This is a well-documented fact.

Germany can be extremely proud of their national team and I hope, for their sake, Klinsmann stays on. He's moulded a superb team and his success in finding a winning system is even more impressive when compared to our situation - Sven arguably had one of the more able talent pools, and did fuck all with it. In addition, Germany have played extremely positive football. The last time we did that was the Croatia/Switzerland games and before that, the 5-1 against Germany.

Portugal winger Luis Figo and striker Pauleta both ended their international careers after the 3-1 World Cup third-place play-off defeat to Germany.

Figo, 33, bowed out after winning his 127th cap - a record for Portugal - as a substitute in Stuttgart.

"It is hard for me to end my international career in this way. I did everything I could and the team gave their all," said Figo.

Pauleta played 88 times for Portugal, scoring 47 goals.

"This is the saddest day of my career. Playing for this team, scoring for this team was what I most loved doing but my time has come," said the 33-year-old Paris St Germain forward.

At the final whistle Figo was in tears after 15 years of international service came to an end.

Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Socrates, who attended the match, said Figo had been "a great captain".

"This squad had in Luis Figo a great leader on the pitch," he told Portugal's SIC television.

He has been arguably Portugal's finest player since the great Eusebio who top-scored at the 1966 World Cup with nine goals.

Guest Bosstown Boy

Boston is slowly becoming mayhem today as the Italians in the North End and Frenchmen in the South End prepare for the game. Anything can happen out here.