NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Well it's still getting to Jerome Bettis/Super Bowl XL levels IMO.

And even as a Steelers fan that shit was annoying. Maybe not to everyone because they didn't have to hear the story all year, but to Steeler fans...damn that was one annoying two weeks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a 49ers fan, I'd agree with your statement about the Rams, but I find it hard to. Something about it (probably Linehan) makes me believe that the Rams actually could do midly well this year. Other than though, I don't know.

As far as why Edge went to Arizona. I don't blame him. He's been wanting to be the centerpiece for awhile now (and deservedly so IMO) and he was offered that chance in Arizona. With a new stadium (which is awesome btw), a coach that has a knack for turning teams around and the oppurtunity to cement the offense as a weapon to look out for, it made sense. As far as blocking is concerned, I actually disagree. With the additions they made this year, I can actually see them having a better year than last and have one of the best backs in the league. Oh and there's this guy named Matt Leinart who's going to be taking the team over midseason (more than likely due to Kurt Warner's injury history) and then onto 2007. 2007 may be the year that the Cardinals break out and become the next Bengals.

Alright, its only like 8 minutes in, but damn the Texans look good.

Had some great protection for Carr, resulting in a nice TD to Eric Moulds, then their defense came out and soundly shut down the Eagles

And I wouldn't neccessarily call Archie a bust. I mean, he is the leading passer in Saints history. Granted, that's not the biggest feat, but that's not really being a bust. Tony Mandrich, now that's a bust.

5. My Super Bowl prediction for right now? Colts vs. the Panthers or Seahawks. (I reserve the right to change my prediction at mid-season, however) The only way the Steelers go is if the Colts (and no, it wasn't just Peyton) fall apart again.

Texans have looked surprisingly good; Buffalo isn't half bad themselves, they've got a 3-point lead on New England and they've made more than a few mistakes thus far.

EDIT: What's James Brown doing on CBS? I thought he was a FOX man.

Edited by oldskool

The Lions are looking strong against Seattle. The score is 3-3 which is actually surprising, it shows a lot from our defense. At the same time, it doesn't say much for the offensive side of things. We still have another six minutes in the first half so we'll see how this plays out.

I'm encouraged with the defense, we're getting pressure on Hassleback, and everybody just looks so much more agressive than last year. It beats that lackadaisical defense that Dick Jauron implemented over the last two years.

Green went down through a big hit, head bounced right off the ground. Think there's one thing to say;

BOOM! HERE COMES THE BOOM!

Nah? Ah well. I'm stuck watching Falcons and Carolina here in England, won't see Dallas/Jacksonville probably since US Open Final is on in an hour. There seems to be a field goal expedition going on today - oh and Tennessee stuck, despite playing a team who can't make PATS.