The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

when the fuck is that Deadpool comic coming out?

It's out.

IGN has the preview up for #2.

I'm about halfway through Cable and Deadpool's run... maybe a bit more than that now... I love the book to death, and I'll be sad to see it end when I get to that point.

Anyone read the latest New Avengers? Did they actually hint at that stuff in House of M or is Bendis just acting like he planned it all along?

I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that Bendis has been planning this since Avengers Disassembled, so I'd think so, yeah.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

So I just found out about an "Evil Illuminati" coming next year.

Without spoiling anything (for others, I've already read about it), is there any way this won't be a rehash of Acts of Vengeance?

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my comics yesterday, and only had two in:

Batman #680 and Captain America #42.

After reading both, I have this to say:

Ed Brubaker's writing on Cap just keeps getting better and better. Aside from Bucky and the Black Widow being romantically involved, its been top notch so far.

Grant Morrison, however, needs to be kicked off Batman and never ever let anywhere near the character again. If you're a real Batman fan, do yourself a favor and DO NOT read Batman R.I.P. - and if you already are, be prepared to want blood once you read #680.

Anybody know what the best online site would be for getting some comic books? I am interested in good delivery and preferably lower prices, but I'll pay more for better quality.

Can you explain to me why Batman is bad? I read that issue and don't get why I should hate it. It wasn't that great but I don't get the problem.

Joker + Batman unmasked = bad, for one thing. It goes against the Joker's history; he'd be pissed if he found out Batman's identity, as he's always said he didn't want to know because it would ruin the game and he's even tried to kill people who tried to find out.

Gordon knowing Bruce is Batman is no big deal since its been hinted at for years that Gordon knew but wouldn't admit it.

The ending is also a bit screwy. I'm trying to figure out if Jezebel has been in on everything the entire time or is an imposter (Maybe Harley, due to the red and black reference?).

I thought it was Harley. And I didn't know that about the Joker. I just assumed he didn't care who Batman really was not that he didn't want to know.

Yea, and I also thought it was hinted at that Joker already knew who it was. But like you said, he didn't care because his only focus was on Batman, and Bruce Wayne was just a regular guy to him. Can't remember what issue it was about, but I remember reading on another forum that Joker and Bruce Wayne exchanged glances in a few panels, like he knew, but then Joker went on his way ignoring him.

If anything, I'd be more pissed about the other 10,000 people that now know Bruce is Batman. I mean come on, the Metal Men? (Even though I think Superman/Batman is out of continuity for the most part)

Anyways, I've enjoyed R.I.P. Although I will admit I've enjoyed the tie-ins more. More specifically Robin. But I didn't see what was wrong with the issue, and I've found the story interesting. Quite different from the Batman figures out everything in the first 3 pages, and then takes out the bad guys we get majority of the time. Plus, the pre-crisis references are a nice tough. Even though like others I had to go back and read up on some stuff to figure out what the hell was going on.

Marvel Zombies 3 is terrible. I thought I would like it since this actually effects the Marvel Universe but it sucks! I mean I get that strange things happen and these are comics and all but the explanation for all this is just lame. The same with the shocking swerve at the end of issue 1.