EWB Band 100 III Results

Jook

I'm going to watch and see who thinks it's cool that a band that hasn't been active in approximately three decades is still so highly touted and who chooses to comment on a band who has been active for nearly two decades being voted higher than them.

LET ME BE ANGRY OVER SOMETHING INCREDIBLY PETTY. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND I CAN CRY IF I WANT TO.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er, what does activity matter? A band can be active for bloody half a century if they so please, it doesn't say anything for the quality of their music.

Er, what does activity matter? A band can be active for bloody half a century if they so please, it doesn't say anything for the quality of their music.

I don't believe that to be entirely true. Some music becomes more appreciated long after its initial release. My point is more about how people see things as opposed to questioning the quality of both bands' catalogues.

Basically, the list is semi-skewed because naturally bands that people have been listening to a lot recently or have released things recently are going to place on the list.

It is, after all, not a list of the 100 Greatest Bands Ever but rather more like bands that EWB is currently into. As such it is fairly impressive that bands like the Beatles and Queen still chart high, especially since the vast majority of EWB, if not all of EWB, did not happen to be alive when The Beatles were making music as a group.

But that doesn't mean that the band that gave us "Wake Me Up When September Ends" placing higher than the band that made "A Day in the Life" isn't appalling. Because I still totally think it is.

So does this leave it down to Oasis, Chili Peppers and Metallica?

If Metallica beats either Oasis or the Peppers may God have pity on all your souls.

They probably will. EWB seems to love Metallica, if the sheer volume of how many songs of theirs turned up on the Best Song nomination list is any indication.

Fucking Green Day beat out the Mother Fucking Beatles!!!!

WTF!

Green Day isn't that bad. I would say top 20, but beating the Beatles in rank.

But I did vote so I can't say much.

... uh, if you voted I think you DO have a right to comment on that sort of thing.

Chili Peppers have a vastly better discography than Metallica. Metallica fell the fuck off in the mid 90's and while the Chili Peppers' style changed dramatically after BSSM, they've only really got one terrible album, that being One Hot Minute. Whereas Metallica's got a load of hit and miss stuff throughout the 1990's.

Oh, and St. Anger.

I like how when a new-ish band is voted into one of these things, it becomes a "they voted for them because they listen to them alot recently". Maybe, just maybe, the person who voted for a, say, Breaking Benjamin, does actually consider them one of their favorite bands?

I'm looking at Fitzy. And I'm not even slighting him for it. It's entirely possible a band like Green Day is considered to be one of somebody's favorite bands.

I like how when a new-ish band is voted into one of these things, it becomes a "they voted for them because they listen to them alot recently". Maybe, just maybe, the person who voted for a, say, Breaking Benjamin, does actually consider them one of their favorite bands?

I'm looking at Fitzy. And I'm not even slighting him for it. It's entirely possible a band like Green Day is considered to be one of somebody's favorite bands.