EWB Band 100 III Results

Jook

I don't get how everyone can shit all over Green Day, but do nothing but suck the white off of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' cocks in the next sentence. They're both ridiculously overrated bands, the only difference is the Chili Peppers haven't enjoyed the recent backlash Green Day has gotten. They're practically the same band in my world, a few catchy tunes, a bunch of mediocre ones, and a ton of really really horrible/overplayed ones. Easily two of the most overrated bands in history.

And that's your opinion, not everyone elses.

Please tell me you were drifting towards some sort of a point? This whole thing is nothing but the opinions of others, and I happen to have one that goes against the majority. I expressed it, deal with it. I disagree with 99% of this list when it comes to bands and placement of some bands, but I felt it necessary to point out the humor in RHCP/Green Day deal. On one hand it's "OMG FUCK GREEN DAY! THEY SHOULD BE CALLED BROWN DAY CAUSE THEY'RE SHIT!!!!" And on the other hand, it's "OMG I WANNA SUCK FLEA'S COCK! THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS MAKE ME RED HOT IN MY PANTS!" And they're two bands that enjoy very similar fanbases, are played all over rock and alternative radio, and both have major crossover appeal to the mainstream. It's just funny to me to see one so overly despised on EWB, and one that's universally loved, when in my opinion, neither one of them have been anything special since the early 90s.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main difference and reason for the reaction to Green Day as opposed to RHCP is that for a while it was IMPOSSIBLE to escape Green Day's singles from American Idiot. I could not go a day without hearing "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and I wasn't even listening to any radio stations that play Green Day at that point.

I think the main difference and reason for the reaction to Green Day as opposed to RHCP is that for a while it was IMPOSSIBLE to escape Green Day's singles from American Idiot. I could not go a day without hearing "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and I wasn't even listening to any radio stations that play Green Day at that point.

And when "Dani California" came out it was the exact same thing.

Not really. At least, not for me personally. I think I've only heard it like four or five times ever.

Not really. At least, not for me personally. I think I've only heard it like four or five times ever.

Haha, then you don't listen to the radio. Dani California is the Blvd. of Broken Dreams of 2006.

Haha, then you don't listen to the radio. Dani California is the Blvd. of Broken Dreams of 2006.

I barely listen to Seattle's alternative station anymore, but whenever I have they usually haven't played that song. Of course, to be fair, the only times I listen to Seattle's radio station for reasons other than "everything else is really bad right now" are during their punk rock show and their 80's show, so hey.

I hate you, EWB.

It's a first, but I agree with GoGo.

I dislike Green Day and The Beatles, so this top five sucks for me thus far.

Chili's would make it a hell of a lot better.

Take that back, you're not agreeing with me. Or you're agreeing with me for the wrong reasons. TAKE IT BACK.

I don't get how everyone can shit all over Green Day, but do nothing but suck the white off of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' cocks in the next sentence. They're both ridiculously overrated bands, the only difference is the Chili Peppers haven't enjoyed the recent backlash Green Day has gotten. They're practically the same band in my world, a few catchy tunes, a bunch of mediocre ones, and a ton of really really horrible/overplayed ones. Easily two of the most overrated bands in history.

And that's your opinion, not everyone elses.

I would argue I Write Sins Not Tragedies is FAR more overplayed than Dani California. I cannot escape Panic! no matter how hard I try.

It'd be so awesome if Oasis won this. Everybody's arguing about RHCP and Metallica, while they just swoop in. :shifty:

It's funny to think that everyone says Oasis' time has past them but in a year when they haven't released any material (yet) they happen to be making their biggest run to the top of the Countdown.

To me Oasis are the very definition of over rated, they've made music that is catchy, agreed, but they're not genuinely significant or all that profound, they just happened to be the band that were targetted as spearheading a so called 'revolution' in British music.

While I'd say The Libertines are equally as over rated for their revolution, to me their music is distinctly powerful lyrically and instrumentally.

Oasis lack that X-Factor to be an amazing band in my view.

I mostly hate Panic! not just because their music is bad, but they have the second most annoying song titles in music (well, maybe. They're locked in Mortal Kombat with Sufjan Stevens, but at least Sufjan occasionally has song titles that AREN'T obnoxiously long).

I mostly hate Panic! not just because their music is bad, but they have the second most annoying song titles in music (well, maybe. They're locked in Mortal Kombat with Sufjan Stevens, but at least Sufjan occasionally has song titles that AREN'T obnoxiously long).

And Sufjan's songs are pretty awesome especially compared to Panic, too, don't forget that.

Compared to Panic, yes. But overall I've grown very sour on him due to massive overhype. Mirah makes vastly superior indie pop.