Dead Rising

EddieRuckus

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shibbycath

i just beat this game for the 2nd time this morning. the first time i screwed it all up and finished with ending B. this morning i got ending A. i'm going for round 3 early next week i suppose. this game is like the good version of 'fistful of boomstick'. i know there's a huge difference between ash and frank, but i pretend frank is ash. because that's the way it should be.

Guest shibbycath

I have to say, the hockey stick is a brutal weapon. You can take out like 5 zombies with one shot, and its like a gun except, well, wooden.

Plowing through zombies is cool. Doing it in an evening gown is cooler.

Yeah, but this is a video game. The lethal hits come when you saw them in half, shoot them in the head, or decapitate them. You can slash zombies to death with a knife in Resident Evil too, it just takes longer, like in this game.

Guest shibbycath

Yeah, but this is a video game. The lethal hits come when you saw them in half, shoot them in the head, or decapitate them. You can slash zombies to death with a knife in Resident Evil too, it just takes longer, like in this game.

A couple of my online pals got this game (as it's just released in the UK) and it almost blew both systems up.

One of them is totally fried and won't work, and the other had HEATWAVES coming out of it after 3 minutes. Like you see in the desert. Or on hot roads. I mean what the fuck? This better just be a shitty batch of 360s going around, because I. WANT. THIS. GAME.

Anyone else in the UK had this problem?

A couple of my online pals got this game (as it's just released in the UK) and it almost blew both systems up.

One of them is totally fried and won't work, and the other had HEATWAVES coming out of it after 3 minutes. Like you see in the desert. Or on hot roads. I mean what the fuck? This better just be a shitty batch of 360s going around, because I. WANT. THIS. GAME.

Anyone else in the UK had this problem?

Damn, I played it on my mates 360 and it is awesomecore. I just loved running thru a wave of zombies and smacking them up with a lead pipe. And hoofing a football at people is fun as well.

Can you bicycle kick the football?

Overtime Mode is a fucking pain in the goddamn motherfucking cocksucking ass.

Seriously, fuck Special Forces. And fuck the automatic timer on the mall lights. And fuck me for grabbing yogurt instead of milk. Agh, this game makes me want to rip my fucking hair out.

Edited by Zero

Bah. I can handle hordes of Zombies, I can handle the weird cultist type dudes but for the life of me I get my ass kicked when I end up against the major psychopaths.

So with that in mind any tips for:

The Clown (At the ride controls in Wonderland)

The Fat Cop Bitch (In some shop in Wonderland)

The Convicts (The Park)

The Big Psycho with the knife (Some shop in the North Plaza)

The Gun Store Psycho (North Plaza)

I'm thinking I probably need better weapons, a SMG/Handgun doesn't seem to cut it against most bosses and the Katana/Battle Axe never last very long with me.

Bah. I can handle hordes of Zombies, I can handle the weird cultist type dudes but for the life of me I get my ass kicked when I end up against the major psychopaths.

So with that in mind any tips for:

The Clown (At the ride controls in Wonderland)

The Fat Cop Bitch (In some shop in Wonderland)

The Convicts (The Park)

The Big Psycho with the knife (Some shop in the North Plaza)

The Gun Store Psycho (North Plaza)

I'm thinking I probably need better weapons, a SMG/Handgun doesn't seem to cut it against most bosses and the Katana/Battle Axe never last very long with me.

Adam the Clown is easy. All you need are a bunch of handguns and a couple healing items. You can get the handguns from the mall cops on the second floor of Wonderland Plaza near the ride. There's usually a bunch of them there. While Adam's doing his thing, just keep dodging him, try to lead him into some zombies to get them out of the way. Wait for him to blow up a balloon, when he does, shoot it while he's blowing it up and it will stun him. Use that opportunity to unload on him with your gun. Rinse and repeat. It'll take a few minutes, but it's easy. After the fight, go into the part of the ride where you can turn it off and pick up his chainsaw. You can go in and out of Wonderland and pick it up as time goes on... it will make a lot of other seemingly impossible fights A LOT easier.

The Convicts are fucking assholes. My advice is get your hands on some sniper rifles and get up on the roof of the picnic area. You can shoot them from a distance and that will help a lot. Once you take out the gunner, they're nothing. Shoot from a distance as much as possible and then run up on them with a kitana or the mini chainsaw and go to town while avoiding the jeep. When they're all dead, MAKE SURE you destroy their vehicle to the point where it's inoperative. Just drive it around and run over zombies till you can't run over zombies anymore. You'll rack up kills and insure that they'll never come back.

Machete Guy is tough at first, but once you figure him out, not too bad. Patience is the key. When he gets up on the shelves, try to get to a place where you can shoot him with a submachine gun. When he's on the ground, you have to move quick, and it's tough, but try to use the chainsaws, they'll drain him. If you have the mini chainsaws from fighting Adam, this is a cakewalk, less than ten hits should do it. The machete will remain in the store afterwards as well, so definitely worth winning this fight.

Cletus in the gun store is the toughest boss I've faced, I couldn't beat him, I was running too short on time. The tricks I've read is to run outside and there's a spot you can stand in and shoot that he can't hit you. Cheap, yes. But he's an annoying boss, so all is fair.

Another tip for Cletus is to hide behind the display cases (there are three of them I think). He reloads after about six shots, so either return fire, or if you have no guns with you, move the case closer to him and steal some guns (handguns are easy to steal, but if you’re quick enough, hop over the counter and steal a shotgun or sniper rifle).

I rented this game yesterday, and I really don't want to give it back tomorrow. Well, I didn't until I got massively stuck. Brad just tried to coax the old guy out of the bookstore, and the guy refused so now I have to get back to the security room. My problem is that that means running across the park. And it's night time, so the zombies are more violent. And there's three nutjobs in a jeep shooting at me with some kind of machine gun. I can't hit them melee style, and guns are hopeless because you can't move while aiming or anything. Tried firing from a distance but I never seem to hit them. And I've no idea where the sniper rifles are nor how tog et onto the roof of the picnic area (don't even know where that is, and I doubt I could get there because the nutjobs tend to kill me within 30 seconds of getting outside).

Also infuriating is the fact that I have learned the flying dodge move, double tap a direction to dive out the way. For some reason though, Frank dodges despite me not even moving the control stick (I'll be holding forwards say, to run, and he'll just dive :/ ).

It's awesome running through that narrow corridor where the welded security door is, with a battleaxe and kitana and just letting rip. And added humour comes from the fact that Frank's wearing high heels, a flowery dress, glasses and makeup.

Once inside the tunnels, head north to the Grocery store (look at your map) and exchange the motorcycle for the truck. Collect all the bombs on that side of the tunnel, then head over to the Paradise Plaza bathrooms and exchange the truck for the car. Pick up the rest of the bombs and head to the entrance of the tunnel.

An easier way to do it is get the tunnel key at the beginning (it is in the warehouse inside the tunnels, at the dead end that looks like a T). With that, you can go to every bomb without having to deal with Carlito and the massive amounts of Zombies.