Dead Rising

EddieRuckus

So yeah, since Kraigy said so I'm starting a Dead Rising topic.

Thoughts on the game? I quite enjoy it and is probably one of my favorite games to play. Hell, had a friend come over for 5 hours today and he just watched me as I played it, didn't even once ask to try it out. I love the fact that you can save the status of your game as you go through, though I'll have to get a memory card so I can just plow through the story mode and get the worst ending I can since I'm starting as a level 27, though I plan to finish it.

Any hints on the game yet, such as how to get into certain places and whatnot?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks incredible, I haven't played it or anything yet, I only discovered it existed via a friend's magazine a little while ago, but it looks to be the first "true" zombie game that I'll actually enjoy, seeing as it goes the route of all great zombie movies and has you stuck in one place with hundreds of zombies, rather than the Resident Evil route of having you wander around too much.

That and you can throw pies at the undead.

Trying to save 50 survivors from the mall in one go is my new video game goal, the last being to get 100% for Vice City. It's harder than it sounds, since you're on a time limit to save them AND complete the story missions in time, and as such you need to plan your path and pick up as many as you can in one run. That and some of them are absolutely pussies, give them a gun and they just stand there and cry.

It's a great game, but I'd recommend a rent unless you're a sandbox or Zombie nut like me, who doesn't mind just wandering around and just messing with free roam. The AI isn't as bad as the reviews claim, if you know how to control them right. Unfortunately, different survivors have different pesonalities -- some will be very aggresive (like the survivalists that hide out in the gunshop), while others just sorta stand still and let themselves get surrounded.

Trying to save 50 survivors from the mall in one go is my new video game goal, the last being to get 100% for Vice City. It's harder than it sounds, since you're on a time limit to save them AND complete the story missions in time, and as such you need to plan your path and pick up as many as you can in one run. That and some of them are absolutely pussies, give them a gun and they just stand there and cry.

It's a great game, but I'd recommend a rent unless you're a sandbox or Zombie nut like me, who doesn't mind just wandering around and just messing with free roam. The AI isn't as bad as the reviews claim, if you know how to control them right. Unfortunately, different survivors have different pesonalities -- some will be very aggresive (like the survivalists that hide out in the gunshop), while others just sorta stand still and let themselves get surrounded.

Is it out in Singapore? Is it in English? Is it region free?

When I get a 360 this christmas this will definately be the first game I get with it. It looks like a really good game, best zombie one yet since like everyone else has said RE isn't what I look for in zombie games. I've always just wanted to be locked in a place and have to kill zombies, and here it is.

Have to agree with Gongsun Zan about the personality of the survivors. One of the very first group of two people you have to save has two different personalities. One of the survivors actually has a bat in hand and if you give him a better weapon he'll use it to that capacity. However the other guy with him is a sniveling little bitch, and will usually just stand there to cry and will jog rather slowly.

Right now I started as a level 27 or whatnot and will try to finish the game so I can see an ending. I heard there are at least 5 or 6 different endings depending on how you let things turn out. I can't wait to unlock infinity mode...

On Maxx's advice, I picked this game up yesterday and I love it. My 2 friends and I messed around with free roam for about 8 hours last night and today and it didn't get old. There aren't many video games that can match the satisfaction of impaling a zombie on an excavator and plowing down more zombies as you walk through a Hardware store. Pure comedy gold.

Later tonight I'll start going through 72 hour mode seriously, since we never did do anything mission-related.

You want fun? Wait till you get into the maintainence tunnels.

I've beaten the game once, got the "true ending" which means I got overtime and infinite mode. Also saw 2 other endings along the way.

I believe you can just choose not to do cases in 72 hour mode, or at least thats what loads of other people are reporting.

Oh and find the clown.

And with most survivors, you can just give them a weapon and they'll use it quite well. I suggest giving them guns as they won't run out of ammo

Edited by Maxx

I like how you can give survivors food for health and weapons and stuff, it helps a lot even though I usually end up ditching them when a bunch of enemies are near and I don't have much on me.

I tried fighting the clown with a survivor and my survivor went into the middle of the ride and then got hit by it and died. Needless to say, it was a waste to bring him along. The bosses that I've seen so far are pretty cool.

I have to say, the hockey stick is a brutal weapon. You can take out like 5 zombies with one shot, and its like a gun except, well, wooden.

Plowing through zombies is cool. Doing it in an evening gown is cooler.

Just got my 360 tonight and this was one of the games I got.

I only managed to get about two hours in, but I can tell I'm going to spend many countless nights on this game. I just wish they didn't give you a time limit on most of the 'missions' as I'm a completist, but I'm also a procrastinator. Not a good combination when it comes to Dead Rising.

• 3 weeks later...