Dead Rising

EddieRuckus

I finally got it, it's so good. I've just completed the first 'case' series thing where Carlito attacked you for no real reason. Also, I beat him with my last bullet, so I had no weapons for the rest of that bit (where you have to follow Brad to Barnaby through endless zombies outside (at night in my case) then have to go all the way back to the security room, while also saving the girl who the convicts try to snatch in their machine gun jeep thing. Whoah, long sentence.

I tried so hard to save everyone at the start but it's impossible. I got about 500 kills before realising that THEY. ARE. INFINITE. I also protected Alan the whole time, who just stood there waiting to die.

Overall: 3 saved, countless kills, one mission complete, one psycho beaten (I hope anyways). I keep getting messages that people I haven't even met are dying. It's annoying, especially since it fucks up your vision. I'm also the greatest photographer to ever live. (¬_¬)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er...just keep shooting him when he reloads? You can get extra clips from Brad if you run out.

And you can drink the wine for like 5 health squares. They're great. Watch out for those grenades, one time I never saw one and got blown across the room. :lol:

Edited by The Kraig

Easy way to beat Carlito:

Grab the mannequin in the warehouse. Smack a few zombies till it breaks. Grab the torso, go to where you fight Carlito. At the start of the fight, run to underneath where Carlito is. There's a bit with two crates, which you can climb up. Wait for him to reload, them jump up, run to him, and smack him in the face. He'll fall down, so when he does, get behind him, and start swinging until he gets up. Fight over.

I got to the Carlito bit when he is shooting loads, I can't beat him. :(

I don't know where to get an SMG or shotgun, I've heard you need to beat other bosses to get them but I can't or the time for the Carlito mission will end I think.

Edited by Gongsun Zan

Easy way to beat Carlito:

Grab the mannequin in the warehouse. Smack a few zombies till it breaks. Grab the torso, go to where you fight Carlito. At the start of the fight, run to underneath where Carlito is. There's a bit with two crates, which you can climb up. Wait for him to reload, them jump up, run to him, and smack him in the face. He'll fall down, so when he does, get behind him, and start swinging until he gets up. Fight over.

I got to the Carlito bit when he is shooting loads, I can't beat him. :(

I don't know where to get an SMG or shotgun, I've heard you need to beat other bosses to get them but I can't or the time for the Carlito mission will end I think.

You have lots of time for the first mission, up until 6:00 am day 2.

You can get the SMG in Paradise Plaza. It's on the blue awning above the photography shop. To get there, go up the first staircase on your right when you enter the plaza from the warehouse. You should be able to jump onto the blue bit about halfway up the stairs.

You can also rush to the gunshop at the start of the game (check you map, it's in the North Plaza), and pick up the Snipers and Shotguns there. Alternatively, one of the survivors who gets owned at the start of the game has a shotgun, and you can pick it up from him.

I just got it, and it's pretty awesome. Some things are getting me down, like the aforementioned really-fucking-small-text problem, the fact that I can't read any of the captions because of it when playing the game since there's no voice for them, and that I can never decide what to do first. But the sheer unadulterated joy of mutilating zombie after zombie with a lawnmower is incredible. I hit about twelve zombies with a football. Then I just started boxing. Glee.

Have to agree with Gongsun Zan about the personality of the survivors. One of the very first group of two people you have to save has two different personalities. One of the survivors actually has a bat in hand and if you give him a better weapon he'll use it to that capacity. However the other guy with him is a sniveling little bitch, and will usually just stand there to cry and will jog rather slowly.

If you mean Burt and that other guy, yeah, he is fucking annoying. After I helped Brad beat Carlito (Which I must say was rather simple. If you run behind the stage thing on the opposite side of him from Brad then he pretty much never shoots at you :\) I got a message about someone being barricaded in, so I went after them. Burt beat me with a bat until I shot him point blank range in the face a few times ( :huh: ) but then we started running through the mall together. I had to keep going back to save the whiny cunt, destroying my baseball bat, my picnic bench, running out of pistol ammo and running out of lawnmower. Then when we finally reach the mall doors from the parkside, where the security room is, I get trapped by a bunch of zombies, only to be struck the fatal blow...by Burt and his baseball bat. The bastard. I did get two achievements in my first hour or so, so I'm still pleased with my progress >_>

I tried so hard to save everyone at the start but it's impossible. I got about 500 kills before realising that THEY. ARE. INFINITE. I also protected Alan the whole time, who just stood there waiting to die.

You didn't just run up the stairs like I assumed you were supposed to? Pussy >_> I started off not really knowing what to do when a dozen red names appeared on the screen appearing as dead. I hope they were SUPPOSED to be cannon fodder characters, because fuck. Thats impossible to do otherwise.

And what exactly are Overdrive and Infinity modes?

Yep, those in the entrance plaza can't be saved. They all die in two hits, far less than any survivors. They also don't have the balls to move.

Overtime mode is what happens when you get ending A at the end of 72 hour mode. Basically, you keep doing everything the story tells you too, and you get the 'true' ending.

Infinite Mode is basically one where your health drains continuously, and food items don't respawn. Psychos and survivors spawn around the map, and are all against you. The goal is to survive as long as possible.

Oh, if you're having problems with the text, try changing your 360 display mode to widescreen (under display settings, under options, in the dashboard). I heard it helps.

Edited by Gongsun Zan

Got this yesterday, finally got chance to play it a little earlier. Its good, but there is way too much I don't like about the game. The save system is an interesting idea, but its annoying when you have to come off the 360, but are ages and a million zombies away from the nearest save point. The controls are totally diabolical, and it takes ages to get places.

Two biggest problems are the gun combat, which is friggin insanely sluggish and awkward, and the small text. I try and never use guns, and I can't read a thing, so I just guess whats going on (It'd help if there was like a 'briefing' option when you select a case/scoop or something)

Its a great idea for a game with some really good ideas implemented (like the different survivors, the case/scoop stuff that actually gives it story, the millions of weapons and the photograph idea), but is very badly executed. Still, as easily as I die ATM, killing Zombies is fun.

Just completed the first case strand BTW. Not bothered with 'scoops', I seem to be running out of time to do stuff.

Yeah, thats the ONLY way I managed to find the two guys, with the marker thing, but I think itd'd have been better if you could place a marker for any store at all. You might be able to, but so far it only seems to let me choose between my scoops. It'd make finding that damned security room a bit easier >_<

Kent is a pimp, Hajj.

Edited by Captain Kanebeard

Just completed overtime mode, and got the true ending. Could have been a bit more cinematic, but hey, it's completed, so I'm happy.

Does anyone else think infinity mode is a little..... well, shit? It's great having the freedom to just run around having to kill zombies, but I was playing for roughly 5 minutes before I got mown down by Carlito in his damn ice cream truck. Why would the psychopaths still be around? It doesn't make any sense, and takes away from the free-roamyness.

In which case you have about three minutes (real time) to make it to the control room (or wherever). If this is your first time through the game, you've probably done what I did, and spent far too much time hitting zombies with plates and a scythe, and not enough time getting on with the game. You might consider restarting, if you can't get to the right place in time.