Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on the Blades!

And I agree on the previous management argument being stupid, rules broken is rules broken, regardless of who did it. But the fact is Tevez was registered, like the methods or not, he is a legal West Ham player and is not breaking and has never broken any rules by playing for West Ham. I have to admit, I don't particularly like it, but there is nothing wrong with Tevez playing, it was only the transfer that was breaking the rules, which hasn't directly affected the league.

Oh my god. It isn't legal, that is the point! It IS breaking rules, because the transfer was done hiding important information and paperwok, it was done illegally! And how the fuck can you say the transfer hasn't effected the league? The transfer brought him in - ilegally - he saved West Ham. That's an effect.

I'm just trying to find out if a standard has been set. You cite Bury fielding an ineligible player, but as far as I'm aware, Tevez was never ineligible because his registration had been approved.
Edited by therockbox

When this first came out, didn't the FA tell West Ham they could play Tevez without further reprecussions? Doesn't that imply the only issue was the transfer, the punishment for which isn't a points deduction?

I think the F.A. should be docked points for not using psychic powers to discover that documents were withheld.

Seriously though, it's funny that this is getting the huge amount of discussion when the FA is no more corrupt than any other organisation.

So, if things remain the same (in both this game and the Man Utd/West Ham game) - Wigan get the drop?

Wasn't it an independent tribunal?
Edited by Misanthrope

But he SHOULD be allowed to play for them. The transfer was dodgy, not his registration, he's a legal player, it was the transfer itself that was illegal. Think of it like this; a 16/17 year old buys some alcohol - that's illegal, the 16/17 year old drinks the alcohol - that's legal. Now replace West Ham with 16/17 year old and alcohol with Tevez, and that's the situation.

..No it isn't.

Yes it is. You can drink alcohol from 12 or something like that as long as it abides by general laws for alcohol and isn't in a pub.

:lol:

If you're under 14 you're not allowed in a pub/bar unless it has a suitable licence. This also includes beer gardens and family rooms.

At 14 you can enter a bar or pub but only if the landlord agrees and if you drink soft drinks (this can include low-alcohol beer).

If you're 16 or 17 you can buy or be bought beer or cider with a meal.

And no, CWB, they weren't punished, fine 5m? That's nothing to them. If this happened in Italy, or if it was Man U or Chelsea, everyone would be up in arms.

Fuck it, I can't remember the rules, but you can consume alcohol when you're 12, we had a PSE session the other day on it, so long as it's from a shop (which is what I meant).

And YES! TEVEZ!

Tevez hasn't effected the league? Fuck off.

Matt, you're an idiot. You can do anything at home, at any age, it doesn't make it legal. It is not legal to drink at 12.

And I'm disgusted by all this.

COME ON WIGAN AND MAN UNTIED.

Send the cheating fucking bastards down.

Edited by Super Summers

Come on the Blades!

And I agree on the previous management argument being stupid, rules broken is rules broken, regardless of who did it. But the fact is Tevez was registered, like the methods or not, he is a legal West Ham player and is not breaking and has never broken any rules by playing for West Ham. I have to admit, I don't particularly like it, but there is nothing wrong with Tevez playing, it was only the transfer that was breaking the rules, which hasn't directly affected the league.

Oh my god. It isn't legal, that is the point! It IS breaking rules, because the transfer was done hiding important information and paperwok, it was done illegally! And how the fuck can you say the transfer hasn't effected the league? The transfer brought him in - ilegally - he saved West Ham. That's an effect.

But not directly. His registration WAS legal, his transfer WASN'T, the transfer (without the registration of Tevez being included) doesn't DIRECTLY affect the league.

Come on the Blades!

But not directly. His registration WAS legal, his transfer WASN'T, the transfer (without the registration of Tevez being included) doesn't DIRECTLY affect the league.

Were you dropped on your head? Seriously?

How the fuck can the TRANSFER that brought him INTO THE LEAGUE.. NOT effect the league?

Come on the Blades!

WHY CAN TEVEZ STILL PLAY FOR WEST HAM?

There was never a problem with Carlos Tevez's, or indeed Javier Mascherano's, registration as a player.

West Ham's mistake was in not disclosing to the Premier League that they had entered into an agreement with the companies that own the pair's economic rights.

As soon as the commission delivered its verdict, West Ham say they ripped up that agreement.

However, there appears to be some doubt over whether Kia Joorabchian, who part-owns one of the third-party companies and was influential in Tevez and Mascherano's arrival at West Ham, agreed to that.