2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

So what? My NHL 07 is already out of date?

I don't like when teams change there jerseys in a big way, like Buffalo has done. I like small revisions changing the team with the times. I liked the black uniform and I really liked the red third jersey with the crossed sabres. These new jerseys are just ugly, and now I wish even harder that we didn't have to face Buffalo like 8 times in the year.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really tired of living in an area where, no matter what happens in the off-season and no matter who is on the team, almost every single fan of the team says that "we won't win it in my lifetime" because the team hasn't won it in 40 years. Fuck them, it's no fun to write of a team before the season begins. Hell, Edmonton finished 8th in the West (I think) and they were one game away from winning the Stanley Cup! I am so close to assaulting the next so called "Leafs fan" that tells me they won't win anything and will most likely miss the playoffs.

Seriously, its ok when someone who likes Ottawa or Montreal says it. But when someone who is wearing a Leafs jersey says it because they are crusty, old and cynical, it pisses me right off. You have to support your team.

I am saying all of this based on a conversation I had today. The other person didn't even know that Toronto was in the Eastern Conference, and told me Raycroft sucked before asking who Andrew Raycroft was.

King confirmed that Domi has been assigned to the network's comprehensive NHL coverage, where as an analyst he will appear weekly during TSN's in-studio panel discussions and debates. His new NHL on TSN studio broadcast teammates includes host James Duthie, fellow analyst Glenn Healy, TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie and Dreger, and veteran hockey broadcaster Dave Hodge.

Anything that excludes Pierre McGuire is clearly shit. That guy's awesome.

...in one post, he becomes the least popular man in the topic.

He hasn't posted here in a while. I think he saw those new uniforms and put buckshot sprinkles on his arsenic sundae.

Clearly, Colorado is taking the cup. I'm one of those damn Canadians cheering for an American team....but damn, in the last two to three years, they have completely gutted everything about Colorado that made them awesome....Blake's gone, Roy retired, Forsbergs gone. I remember swearing when they got rid of Ozolinsh way back then.