Football Manager 2007

Dan

I get that to (as Everton), I had a run of four games against Chelsea and United away, then Southampton and Reading at home (both in the relegation zone, United and Chelsea 1st and 3rd). Beat Chelsea 2-0, then Man U 5-3. Thought everything was going fine, but suddenly got beaten 0-3 by Southampton and 3-1 by Reading. Same team, mostly, all going from 8/9 ratings to 5 and 6.

Currently haven't won a game in seven, and I doubt I'm going to get back into the top six before the season ends. Extremely frustrating, because I know eventually my luck'll turn for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Patricio Araujo's contract expires end of seaosn and can't get a work permit to get a new contract so going to have to sell him!

Edit - Managed to sell him for £3.3M which is what I paid for him plus a 30% sell on so if he does well there and move to a bigger club I could earn a bit off him.

Edited by Ravey

Well, I was starting a great run with Liverpool early on. I scored my first two goals since the piss-easy Champion's League Qualification, both Bellamy's, against CSKA Moscow, although they came back and scored two of their own to make it a draw. Then we beat Man City 4-1 in the league, and Kuyt got two, and assisted the other two, showing that he isn't a complete waste of space. Then we won a hard-fought match against Spurs at home with Pennant scoring our first and a Gerrard screamer making it 2-0 at full time. But my computer has 192MB of RAM, and even when I make sure FM is the only application I'm running I usually encounter a problem somewhere down the line. Just before I was about to save the game my computer had a paddy and decided to close it down, so I lost all three matches.

I tried again just now, but once I went 3-1 down to CSKA I lost my passion for the Liverpool game, which is a shame, because it was going well. Now I have to desperately try to get into ANOTHER game, and it took me long enough to get into that one. :(

Guest muddatrucker

Seems my new season is going the same as the last, except this time its heroics from average goalkeepers (who go on to win MOTM) stopping me from scoring, its tedious to say the least, but I guess trying to work it out makes it more exciting.

Bah, this is stupid. My Arabian chairman who has been at the club for just over three seasons is now trying to sell up. He's pumped in over £150 million in transfers, expanded the stadium and improved the youth and training facilities. We're now a major force in the Premiership, with our debut season in the Champions League under way. He's made no profit whatsoever out of the club. Talk about good will, and yeah Reading is for sale if anyone who has a spare £220 million.

Edited by Lost Soul

Still in my Southend game, and after being a real chance for a playoff spot, I've drifted back to ninth and four points out, though I still have about ten games to play. Eastwood has come back from injury, only to have Daei go down for a month. :(

Was given as much as $2 million to bring someone high profile to the club, and the only person who would come was Bouazza. :(

^That's a damn sight better than I got while Southend boss^

Managing Newcastle isn't going so well. I need a massive squad clear out because they're all aging, and my one signing for the season just isn't going to work out. I bought Alan Smith to partner Nicolas Anelka up front. They're not gelling and, as usual, Anelka wants a transfer, just to take the piss a little more.

As England boss, things are sucking balls as well. Drew 1-1 with Montenegro in a WCQ, but the friendly I arranged for later that week has restored morale. A 25-0 drubbing of Tajikistan. Including 5 by a guy I gave a random debut (I had my four first choice strikers out injured, so I picked based on form and hoped it came good.) who plays for Staines. He's gonna have something to tell his grandkids: "I played for England once. Scored five goals, too." The kids'll be like "piss off grandad, you never" and he'll show them the tape. That image alone makes it worth it. Fuck knows how badly we'd have done 'em if I'd had Owen, Rooney, Bent and Walcott available.

How do you get out of slumps? I'm seriously out of ideas, I've tried the hairdryer treatment, praise, called a team meeting, changed the captian, changed to a different tactic, but all my players with the exception of one or two are getting fives and sixes every single game.