Football Manager 2007

Dan

Ugh. I hate my last three fixtures of the season.

vs Chelsea - Last Game Of The Premiership

vs Chelsea - FA Cup Final

vs Chelsea - Champions League Final

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, my 'goal' when I started my Chelsea game was to win the Champions League. I did that it my second season, so now my goal has been changed to......winning the FA Cup. >_> Because I went out to Man Utd both times before, and it's the only domestic trophy I haven't won. Still, seems like a bit of a step down... I'm lucky it's not the League Cup, because that would just be a farce of a season.

After that I'll probably just wait for the next international job or something.

Having spent a single season at United and winning the '99 Treble all over again, I decided to leave for pasteurs anew. St. Etienne. They have very few decent players in their squad and a transfer budget of £2.5m. This being the 2010/2011 season the World Cup has passed and with a peculiar winner, one that you can find out in a diary that may or not be coming soon to the Cube. >_>

Anyway, after the WC a lot of international jobs were vacant and I managed to snag the England one after McClaren's performance at the WC. I'm now just before the first game of the season and I can tell it's going to be a long and arduous one.

I am very happy. I just battered United 6-1 at the Emirates. I've been waiting to see that scoreline since 1999. Henry scored 3, including a 30 yard placed shot. Fabregas scored a 30 yard curled shot, and van Persie scored 2 after more than 11 hours without scoring. Should see at least 2 of them in the goal of the month competition.

Weeeell a year in for my Gillingham team and how's it been going?

I finished 12th in the league being as high as fourth and low as twentieth. it's just impossible to get a good run together in that division. I went out first round of league cup and the Southern Semis of the Paints Trophy.

My FA CUp run was great though. I beat a division 1 team in the first round, Accrington in second, Southend in third and beat Man Utd 2-1 at home in the fourth! Yay!

I lost to Chelsea 3-0 away in the Fifth round but felt I'd proved myself and the fans had stopped chanting for my head (as until the final third of the season I was doing badly after a good start).

I'd mostly brought in loan signings that season and managed to get most of them on new contracts at Gillingham for this season, giving small amounts to their old clubs in compensation.

I'd been getting out of contract players for this season and so the new players I now have are:

Russell Hoult from West Brom and David Button from Spurs as goalies.

Brian Wilson from Cheltenham and Paul Bignot from Crewe as defenders.

Carl Motteram from Torquay, Keith Gillespie from Sherffield United, Don Hutchison (no club) and Tommy Black (no club) as midfielders.

Jonny Dixon from Wycombe as a striker.

Didn't pay any transfer fees for ANY of them. Classy.

Gillespie will probably cause trouble as usual though and Hutchison IS 36....

I was scouting for new players and I got back a report card for Philip Lahm (Bayern Munich) that said at the bottom "Sigh him whatever the price". I'd never, ever got that before, and even Cristiano Ronaldo only got "definite purchase" - so, I kind of had to didn't I?

However, what amused me is that AFTER the transfer had been finalised (but wouldn't go through until January), one of my other scouts comes back after finally having watched him for 3 games or whatever it was I asked him to do. His report said "Philip Lahm is very unlucky to be interested in joining Chelsea at this point in time".

I ALREADY HAVE HIS NAME ON THE DOTTED LINE, you muppetish German scout you.

I have a question,

I was wondering if FM07 is anything like EHM07 in the way that your e-license code is good to work on two computers. I was just wondering if the people here like to share like I did with SDM with my 'extra' e-license code. I really like the FM07 game, but I'm not entirely able to puchase right now or in the forseeable future. So if this is a possibility, and somebody wants to love me like I did SDM, I would greatly appreciate it.