Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom Huddlestone has actually become one of the best DMs in the world in my game. Scoring two goals in the Champions League final kinda made him quite desirable and increased his value. At least it's one space I can just forget about unless he's injured...

I ended up winning the Premiership with Liverpool in my first season, winning 28, drawing 3 and losing 7. I think I have the other teams being pretty bad to thank rather than being any good myself, though I did win 17 and lose 2 in the first half of the season, so it's only after January I went to pot. A bad spell meant I lost in the three Cups within a month of eachother, but Liverpool have won all those in the past five years anyway, so I ended up concentrating on the title.

I will say that I must be a fucking talented manager to make Luis Garcia Footballer Of The Year and consistent to boot, though. :shifty:

Just spent 26 million on Dani Alves and 4.1 on Andres D'Alessandro as cover for Gerrard, and occassionally Gonzalez. That bumps last season's signing Zdenek Grygera down to second choice right back, and poor Finnan won't get a game now. I got Sylvain Distin on a free transfer because Hyypia must be retiring soon, and I'm not about to spend heaps of money on somebody I only want to play the odd game when Agger and Carragher aren't available. I spent 7.5m on Jagielka last season though, and he's my third choice defensive midfielder. It can't hurt to have competition.

Some relatively unknown Scottish striker I bought called Steven Fletcher won signing of the year, even though I shipped him off to Mouscron as soon as I got him. Surprise surprise, a Chelsea player won worst signing.

Yeah, should do. That was always my problem when downloading new kits.

Edit: Once you've edited them all, you'll need to reload the skin. And make sure 'Use Skin Cache' isn't ticked.

Didn't work. :crying:

Guest President Ringiah Bartlet

So I finished 4th at Bilbao, ran off to Milan which had a huge-ass transfer kit and won the league and the CL, and now I moved to Man Utd, who finished the season 19th and are now in the Championship with 90 million in transfer funds. This should be fun.

And that will teach Leeds to self-destruct after I leave and refuse me joining them again :@.

Bwahaha at United.

Although, poor me. Some free agent guy my scouts found refuses to sign with me because, despite everything else meeting his demands (most of it being way higher), his goal bonus demand was FIVE POUNDS higher than the maximum the board allowed me to offer.

So for the sake of FIVE POUNDS PER GOAL, I can't sign a badly-needed striker for Bath City.

Suck on that, rich clubs.

Edit: But, in better news, I signed Exodus Geohagan. Not because I needed a central defender, but purely because of his name.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Mmm good end to the season...

+ So, six points behind Chelsea with six games to go, and in the quarters of the Champions League - drew 0-0 at home with Bayern Munich.

+ Won my next league game but so did Chelsea. Bummer.

+ Narrowly beat Bayern with a 1-1 draw (away goals).

+ Won my next league game, Chelsea lost away at Newcastle! 3 behind, 4 games to go.

+ Beat Sevilla 3-1 at home in the first leg.

+ DREW away at Fulham (gah) but results came up and Chelsea drew away at Southampton! Dream still on!

+ Won my next game away, Chelsea won 4-0 or something. 3 behind, 2 league games to go.

+ Beat Sevilla 1-0 away to get into the final against Real Madrid. Robbie Keane's hit top goalscoring form and Lee Barnard has started scoring.

+ Home match against Arsenal. We take the 2-0 victory thanks to Keaneo and Barnard! I celebrate, but Chelsea also win. Important thing is, my goal difference is 6 better.

+ Final game of the season, I have Man City at home, Chelsea have Liverpool away. I beat Man City 1-0 with a Tom Huddlestone penalty. I hold my breath.... LIVERPOOL HAVE BEATEN CHELSEA 3-2! I offer up offerings to the Scouse god of hubcaps. Spurs win the league on goal difference! Liverpool make sure of a Champions League place ahead of Arsenal.

+ Champions League....I beat Real Madrid 3-1, nice and comfortable and take the big double.

+ The Chairman wants me to attain a "respectable position" again next year. Talk about low expectations.

For some reason the English teams seem to completely dominate the Champions League. For both of the seasons I've played 3 of the semifinalists were English (could have been 4 in the first season if Inter didn't whup me in the prior round the same way they did in the group stage), and both of the finals have been all-English (2007: Man Utd def. Liverpool, 2008: Chelsea def. Arsenal). Not that I'm complaining, it just seems a bit much. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

I think cos of the depth of the English database the English league and international team always improves as the game goes on.

Also, Davenport decided not to sign a new contract, leaving on a free.

I click his name, offer a contract now that he's a free agent (for a lot less than he was being paid before) and he accepts, rejoining for another two years.

He won't play, but I'd rather SELL him than just let him leave. Odd.

After 14 in-game years, my best career as a football manager is over after my game went arse over elbow on itself. Newcastle 2006-2009, Juventus 2009-2014, Valencia 2014-2015, AC Milan 2015-2017, Arsenal 2017-2018, Scotland 2018-2019 and Rangers 2019-2020. In that time I conquered Italy 5 times, Spain once and England once, as well as picking up 6 domestic cups and a European Cup.

Now I need suggestions who to go in my next game.