Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the space of three months I have gone from managing in Ireland (Bohemians) to England (Plymouth) to Italy (Livorno). I have a chance of promotion to Serie A if I'm lucky.

What did you do to Plymouth? You evil creature!

I bought David Unsworth :shifty:

Edited by The Lonesome Hobo

So i'm playing as Shelbourne and unfortunately only finished 2nd behind Gareth7's own Derry City. Mostly down to the fact that I CANNOT beat teams playing gay 4-5-1 variations. I swear I could be Man U and still lose to a Conference team playing it. I should probably try to shake off the mindset that because I am league leader I shouldn't have to revert my style to try and outdo some lower placed team who is using that formation.

But more importantly I have to deal with around 750k worth of debt since the game is no help whatsoever. We're spending what on 'Other'? 800k? What could we possibly be spending 800k on that is so unimportant that it doesn't require more explination and can get away with being filed away as a miscelaneous expense? 800k is a lot of money for any club, let alone one playing in a pissant league like this one.

Fuck this game, give me some accountants or something please. A football manager shouldn't have to worry about how 800k has slipped through the cracks of the club. <_<

So i'm playing as Shelbourne and unfortunately only finished 2nd behind Gareth7's own Derry City. Mostly down to the fact that I CANNOT beat teams playing gay 4-5-1 variations. I swear I could be Man U and still lose to a Conference team playing it. I should probably try to shake off the mindset that because I am league leader I shouldn't have to revert my style to try and outdo some lower placed team who is using that formation.

But more importantly I have to deal with around 750k worth of debt since the game is no help whatsoever. We're spending what on 'Other'? 800k? What could we possibly be spending 800k on that is so unimportant that it doesn't require more explination and can get away with being filed away as a miscelaneous expense? 800k is a lot of money for any club, let alone one playing in a pissant league like this one.

Fuck this game, give me some accountants or something please. A football manager shouldn't have to worry about how 800k has slipped through the cracks of the club. <_<

It's not like you lot to be quiet this long. >_>

Won the FA Cup with Reading last night, beat Chelsea 4-0 which kind of annoyed me last night, as Chelsea won the league that year and we finished 2nd.

Went into the board room and the fans said "They are delighted with the FA Cup win, and it only strengthens their claims that you are one of the best things ever to happen to this club."

YEAH! I'll get an image of it up later when I'm playing.

Not so much a bogey team, but Bolton always cause me far too much trouble, in fact.

Abramovich, that little Russian cock. :angry: I'd just got to the point where a) I'd got my team how I liked it with a great selection of awesome players and great younger kids, and b) I'd finally decided not to buy anyone for a little while in order to help the finances rise a bit. Then that ex-Soviet man-whore pops up for his first "I DEMAND YOU BUY STAR PLAYERS NOW" spat in two years. Mere MONTHS after Gerrard, Cristiano Ronaldo and, more recently, Lahm joined the club.

If we slip down below Arsenal in the Club Financial rankings and all my players get unhappy because I can't play them all enough, then it's his fucking fault. :thumbsdown:

Whoo for a three match unbeaten run which takes Livorno to Serie A! I'm really glad I left Plymouth, but I'd bet they miss me cause John Gregory has gotten them relegated (with Southend and Southampton :blink:) and none of that has anything to do with my time there :shifty:

Beating Juve 1-0 and coming from 1-0 down to win 2-1 on the last day against a team whose name I won't even try to spell was great.

Deigo Souza and Stefano Morrone FTW!

Edited by The Lonesome Hobo

Yeah. Ferdinand just got player of the month and Vidic came second so their defence is pretty fearsome. I was looking into buying Vidic for Liverpool anyway because... well, he's Vidic, but I didn't in the end. Van der Sar went to Arsenal, though. Having weird West Brom loan keeper in goal permanently probably led to their sixth place finish last year. :shifty: