Football Manager 2007

Dan

Yeah, after a while your scouts (if they're good, and Chelsea's should be decent enough) will have rated a bunch of people. Obviously the more stars next to their name, the better they are. It's worth getting your scout to scout them for three matches, that way you'll know how well they're likely to fit into your team, and how much they might cost.

Try and get Gilles Grimandi from Arsenal as a scout, he's awesome.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just do loads of 'Scout Report Card Only's, so that I can see how highly the rate the purchase (decent/good/definite/etc.) and only scout the really worthwhile-looking ones for matches.

For some reason my scouts just kept recommeding right backs, despite me double checking the fact that I had not specifically told them to do this. Maybe it was because I somewhat lacked a good right back at the time, but I had one coming for the January transfer window! Bloody irritating scouts...

I wish I dared play this game.

The amount of hours I pumped into the Championship Manager series when I was at school was scary, I don't have the time to be sucked into the timeless void that is Football Manager games anymore. :(

You guys were right, Trezeguet does agree. His report card said that his only weakness was being prone to injury, which proved to be true 2 days after the transfer. ¬¬

Anyway, I'll just scout other players for more matches. Stupid Arsenal loaned someone I forgto the name of to about 7 teams rather than trading it to me. I guess the rivalry had something to do with it...

Hopefully I'll win the Premiership this season, then I'll have won everything possible at club level with Everton. Then I'll wait for the inevitble sacking of the Rangers boss (just outside the relegation zone in the Scottish First Division) before leading them back up the ladder.

Oh, I also have to win the World Cup with England in the meantime.

PLANNED~!

Holy frick. It's a summer fucking sale at Aston Villa.

After a good season we got the 4th Champions League spot on goals scored, just ahead of Tottenham who we lost to 3-2 at White Hart Lane on the last day of the season. If only they had scored one more that day.

Anyway, it all kicked off from there. Here's a list:

Gary Beck, a left mid I got from Leeds for 325k went to Chelsea for 20m over 2 years + 50% future fee

Theo Walcott, a failed 12m purchase is gone to Man U for 6m, 10m over 2 years + 50%

Aki Berg, a versitile full back bought for 65k goes to Newcastle for 500k. 3m over 2 + 50%

Antony Hughes, the next in line of my great young goalies, bought from Reading for 140k goes to UEFA Cup winners Man City for 11m, 5m over 2 + 50%. That was a Randy Lerner special.

Josmer Altidore, young American striker bought for 1.8m goes to Chelsea for 5m + 20 over 2 + 50%

So yeah, i'm a whore for time delayed payments and future fees. Plus I suspect Randy Lerner works for Man City.

Oh, in addition to that a guy called Borut Desmar I bought and sold to Arsenal last year went to Real Madrid for 10m so I got 5m from that too. Woooo!

Edited by King A-List

Holy frick. It's a summer fucking sale at Aston Villa.

After a good season we got the 4th Champions League spot on goals scored, just ahead of Tottenham who we lost to 3-2 at White Hart Lane on the last day of the season. If only they had scored one more that day.

Anyway, it all kicked off from there. Here's a list:

Gary Beck, a left mid I got from Leeds for 325k went to Chelsea for 20m over 2 years + 50% future fee

Theo Walcott, a failed 12m purchase is gone to Man U for 6m, 10m over 2 years + 50%

Aki Berg, a versitile full back bought for 65k goes to Newcastle for 500k. 3m over 2 + 50%

Antony Hughes, the next in line of my great young goalies, bought from Reading for 140k goes to UEFA Cup winners Man City for 11m, 5m over 2 + 50%. That was a Randy Lerner special.

Josmer Altidore, young American striker bought for 1.8m goes to Chelsea for 5m + 20 over 2 + 50%

So yeah, i'm a whore for time delayed payments and future fees. Plus I suspect Randy Lerner works for Man City.

Oh, in addition to that a guy called Borut Desmar I bought and sold to Arsenal last year went to Real Madrid for 10m so I got 5m from that too. Woooo!

There must be something wrong with the code if you're able to get all those clubs to agree to a 50% next sale fee in addition to the crapload of money they're already spending on them. I'm sure in real life they'd tell you where to go with that. <_<

So I've started a new game with Hearts after the SI Games update, and despite having no Hartley and Pressley, I've still only got £1.6m to spend on players. Bloody Romanov. Aston Villa are chasing Craig Gordon, but the guy's my captain and my most important player, although I could do with the money. They originally offered £3.4m, so I tried haggling to £4m and they declined. Then they came back with £4m and I've tried haggling to £5m. I might just accept that if they go for it.

I'm after Chris Baird from Southampton (just had £600k accepted) and Brian Kerr from Motherwell has just handed in a request, so myself and Leeds are after him.

2 competitive games so far - Champion's League qualifier 1st leg against a bunch of nobodies, 3-0 and first SPL game against St. Mirren, 2-2. Blah.

Well, Gillingham fought to a seventh place Premiership finish in our second season. Liverpool won the league and Newcastle finished fourth despite not really having a good squad at all.

Our reward? £1.3mil this season from the board which is £1.2mil more than I've ever had before. Funfun.

I've also just noticed how many free signings I've got coming for the new season - 17 year old attacking midfielder Alessandro Pellegrini from Milan who looks a class act, Scott Golbourne who's been at Reading, 28 year old defensive Midfielder Robert Zimmerman, a German who was released by Bayern, and Hatem Ben Arfa a 25 year old attacking midfielder released by Lyon.

Players about to retire from Gillingham are:

Goalie Kelvin Jack (hasn't played for about 4 seasons!), Gary Neville (central in our Championship survival and promotion), Keith Gillespie (same as Neville but also added to our First Division title), Damien Duff (just the one season with us and decided to retire. Good but plagued by injury), James Beattie (only scored 1 but didn't play all that much. I got annoyed when he decided to retire AFTER joining us).

Only one player scoring more than ten again last season - Jonny Dixon with 11. I need another striker as Torre, Aliadiere, Barnard and Pinto can't score. Gah.

Also, Anthony Le Tallec has become some kind of footballing genius.

Well, Gillingham fought to a seventh place Premiership finish in our second season. Liverpool won the league and Newcastle finished fourth despite not really having a good squad at all.

Our reward? £1.3mil this season from the board which is £1.2mil more than I've ever had before. Funfun.

I've also just noticed how many free signings I've got coming for the new season - 17 year old attacking midfielder Alessandro Pellegrini from Milan who looks a class act, Scott Golbourne who's been at Reading, 28 year old defensive Midfielder Robert Zimmerman, a German who was released by Bayern, and Hatem Ben Arfa a 25 year old attacking midfielder released by Lyon.

Goalie Kelvin Jack (hasn't played for about 4 seasons!), Gary Neville (central in our Championship survival and promotion), Keith Gillespie (same as Neville but also added to our First Division title), Damien Duff (just the one season with us and decided to retire. Good but plagued by injury), James Beattie (only scored 1 but didn't play all that much. I got annoyed when he decided to retire AFTER joining us).

Only one player scoring more than ten again last season - Jonny Dixon with 11. I need another striker as Torre, Aliadiere, Barnard and Pinto can't score. Gah.

Bob Dylan played for Bayern Munich? Mein Gott!

I'm seriously tempted to get FM2007 and just quit work, quit my band, quit my yet-to-start OU course and ignore my girlfriend.

Because that's what would happen if I did. :ohwell:

...Or buy a PSP + PSP version and work it around your life rather than the other way around :P

Guest Ringu

There must be something wrong with the code if you're able to get all those clubs to agree to a 50% next sale fee in addition to the crapload of money they're already spending on them. I'm sure in real life they'd tell you where to go with that. <_<