Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bah, made an audacious bid to land Christian Vieri as Hearts (he only wanted £975 a week?!), but he re-signed with Atalanta. Have had to sell Craig Gordon to fund the purchases of new players in the January window, so he went to Villa for £4.6m and I've brought in a fairly decent replacement keeper for £2.2m, leaving me £2.4m to play around with. Could do with an extra defender and someone to partner Roman Bednar up front, although I've just snapped up Ross McCormack from Motherwell for a cheeky half million. He can play left winger or up front, but I've got left wingers coming out of my ears (McCann, Johnston, Driver), so it might be worth sticking him up front, although Blackburn have accepted £1.2m for Franny Jeffers since he wants out. I'll see how that goes. In 4th in the SPL in mid-January, not too bad.

When it comes to getting frustrated?!!

Well i swear a bit, bang on the desk and than when it comes to the next game start doing some big motivational team talk to the PC while playing some music to go with the situation. I was West Ham and was starting to loose my Uefa Cup Spot despite being there all season. Played The Final Countdown by Europe and they started to win... Bad thing was the other teams won so i was screwed anyway

In the beginning I swore and took it out on my players. Now that I'm used to last-minute goals drawing games I dominate just so that the news can say that the other team pretty much dominated me and I got lucky, I just put the team talk to angry, especially at home.

And I can't begin to guess why the heck anyone wouldn't want a 35 year old keeper with skills worse than some under-17s for free. :shifty:

Just started a new game with Rangers. I wasn't happy with the squad so I brought in some new blood. Almunia is going to be my number 1 goalkeeper this season. Real Betis offered Miguel Angel for £1.3m so I took him. I've brought in Brian McBride for £200k and Dave Nugent for £2m.

Rangers 5 - 0 Aberdeen

(McBride hattrick, Rae and Boyd)

Hearts 1 - 1 Rangers

(Boyd)

Rangers 2 - 0 Celtic

(Prso, Nugent)

Fantastic start.

Edited by Lost Soul

For venting frustration, if it's something related to the way we're playing, I usually just save and exit and play something else ¬_¬ If it's something technical, I go for a rant on SI's forums and in IRC.

I can't remember ever getting physically aggressive due to a computer game.

Except when I got banned from youth club for two weeks for throwing a kid headfirst into a wall because he unplugged the Master System during a penalty shootout in World Cup Italia '90. I was 12, and was beating some 8-year-old kid 3-1 ¬_¬

Edited by Farmer Reil

Phew, what a last day of the season!

The SPL Title was still wide open, either Rangers or Celtic could've taken it, with Motherwell, Hibs and myself as Hearts fighting for 3rd, 4th and 5th. 3rd gives a UEFA Cup spot, 4th an Intertoto and 5th absolutely nothing. Rangers are playing Motherwell, Aberdeen playing Celtic and Hearts v Hibs. Motherwell were 2 points ahead of myself, with Hibs a point behind, so I needed to beat Hibs and hope that Rangers beat Motherwell. Not easy with my numerous injuries, including first and second choice keepers!

Motherwell went 1-0 up after 12 mins, as did I on 14 mins. Rangers eventually swung it around 2-1, just as well as Celtic were 2-0 up against Aberdeen. I went 2-0 up against Hibs and all was looking good. Rangers scored again, making it 3-1, meaning I pretty much just had to beat Hibs to get 3rd spot. Hibs then pulled it back to 2-1 with 15 mins to go and I shat myself. I brought on a defender and I went balls to the wall. Aberdeen pulled it back to 2-2 against Celtic, but most importantly I held out against Hibs. The closing minutes seemed like hours! So Rangers won the title, with Celtic in 2nd and myself in 3rd, Motherwell in 4th, Hibs 5th.

So I'm into the UEFA Cup next season, but I've been told there's no transfer budget, so I might have to sell some players unfortunately, as I badly need a right winger, goalkeeper and striker. Got a striker on loan with an agreed price of £500k and he's worth £2.6m, but he's not really that great when I've played him, so I might have to look elsewhere. Tight on the wages front too, only £500 under my budget, although there's a couple of older players out of contract in the summer I'm just gonna let go, and their wages add up to £7,300, so a bit of breathing space there.

EDIT: And I've now managed to convince Christian Vieri to join us for a year, although the chairman Romanov has urged me to rethink the deal as he doesn't feel it'll be beneficial to the club. It's Christian. Fucking. Vieri. How could that not be beneficial? He's only costing me £50,000 of the £525,000 I had left over from the budget last season and on £1600 a week. If things don't work out, fuck it, he's only here for a year! I'm clearly sealing the deal, I just hope I don't piss off Romanov too much in the process...

Edited by Scott McFly

So I, uh, obtained this game, and I've been addicted.

Currently top of the league after twelve or so games with Leigh RMI and am now one win away from entering the FA Cup. It's good fun, Matty Barlow was loaned in and got 11 in 9, but that's since become 11 in 13, however he's still playing well and we're still winning so I don't mind so much.

It's a fun game so far, hoping we can get promoted sooner or later but I've set myself a task of being promoted within 3 seasons. However that was me banking on being my usual self at FM and struggling to win, my original task was the come into the final 1/4 of the season not fighting for my life, but now I want to be top half, prerferably in a play off spot - if not staying where I am now, top of the league.

I'm playing a Reading, they have a good squad to start off with, but I managed to pick up Carl Hoefkens, Jason Koumas and Luke Varney. We came 14th with Varney and Doyle being level on 16 goals each which i was quite pleased with. Steve Sidwell wouldn't sign a new contract, so i offloaded him for 5 million to Juventus, and managed to bring in David Jones from Derby and Dean Whitehead from Sunderland.

I've tried to make sure i buy players from the Championship instead of going cheap and from Europe. It's worked for me so far. A very enjoyable game.

DAMN MANSFIELD!!!

God, they can always fuck up something. We're playing really well, getting some good chances, but what's that? A red card! What fun! Oh, now you fucked up a pass and we're 1-0! Then, we somehow tie the game, and, you guessed it, RED CARD!!! We end up losing 2-1. <_<

And I'll never listen to the media again. "It will be a close battle between Mansfield and Gillinham for the FA Cup!" Sureeeee....4-0 's real tight.

Oh, and the star player of the team, the one and only, the one that gets pad too fucking much and can't get a cut or be fired because the chairman's in love with him, has had 4 goal droughts in 35 games. 4!!! He has only scored 8 goals in total. And guess who screws up about 3 one-on-ones a game...And my fucking defensive midfielder scored before him...

Also, our best prospect of the team, who gets paid nearly as much as our 'star' player, can barely move withouth fucking it up. His stats dont say otherwise, anyway. And he's too goo for a salary cut, anyway.

Ok, now that I got all that off my chest, I can be a little more calm... I've pretty much revamped much of the team buying around 8 players. They all played well in their first game, except for one. They all sucked for the next games, except for the GK, who can actually play well once in a while, MOST of the game anyway...and the playmaker, who was injured in that game stated before... And for some reason, I got the same referee TWICE, and he fucked me over twice. He ruled out 3 (yes, 3) of my goals AND didn't call a penalty, has given me 4 red cards and many more yellow, and he just chit-chats with the other teams, with the ocasional yellow...

Mansfield is a real challenge. Like the game says, they're underachieved. If I could just sell that overpaid striker so I can get a little breathing room...I'm currently 20th, but still safe from relegation (about 10 points from 23rd). And I also have no chance of being first anymore, which really doesn't matter as it's obviously immposible with such a squad...

Now I feel totally screwed by this game.

My scouts tell me that I should avoid their forwards getting the ball to their feet, as they shouldn't pose us an aerial threat. First minute of the game, cross, header and goal. Obviously nothing aereal in a header. It sickened me so much I restarted my PC. I can't get a break in this game. I've even used guides about tactics and such. I fucking do everything the scouts tell me to, and I lose. If I don't do what they say, I still lose, or tie anyway. And I'm still favourite in nearly every game, which is fucked up. I don't think I'll be able to play this game for a long time now......

Now I feel totally screwed by this game.

My scouts tell me that I should avoid their forwards getting the ball to their feet, as they shouldn't pose us an aerial threat. First minute of the game, cross, header and goal. Obviously nothing aereal in a header. It sickened me so much I restarted my PC. I can't get a break in this game. I've even used guides about tactics and such. I fucking do everything the scouts tell me to, and I lose. If I don't do what they say, I still lose, or tie anyway. And I'm still favourite in nearly every game, which is fucked up. I don't think I'll be able to play this game for a long time now......