Football Manager 2007

Dan

My team made a deal with Botafogo and now they can send players to my team and they pay me 66k a year. They basically sent me useless players, but I got a half decent striker that's better than my earlier one. I also bought 11 players and got another one when I sold a player.

We won our first game in first division 3-2, which totally rocks. We're also expected to finish 15th, even though I was just promoted.

AND we beat the 2 best teams in friendlies. Sure, they didn't use a complete first-team squad, but we still beat them.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might change tactics, like...once a season? There seems to come a point when the other teams catch on and everything that used to be awesome becomes useless. <_< And that's only in terms of formations and Team instructions. I've never managed to tinker with Player instructions successfully.

First thing I do in a game is choose my first XI/five subs, so I can then work out who's extraneous and can be got rid of, where I need strengthening etc.

I sucked horrendously at CM4 and FM 2005. It wasn't until I got FM 2007 that I started doing quite well again. I don't know what it is, but different people seem to have natural aversions to the mechanics of different incarnations of the game... >_>

Edited by stokeriño

MLS transfers confuse the bejesus out of me. I've just started a new game unemployed and I get offered the FC Dallas job. Never done a game in America for years, so figured "what the hell" and accepted it. My god am I lost. What the hell is all this malarky about drafts? How do I sign players? It's confusing!

I was taking the piss ¬_¬

If I was Man Utd I highly doubt I'd be asking people for advice on who to sign. (Don't mention Schweinsteiger to me either, I've been after that man's arse since Euro 04 and still no look :()

I was just whinging at how when I go to the dugout or susie forums, everyones making posts where they've started games as absolute giants - which I have no problem with - but then go asking who they should sign. I realise thats what the forums for, but surely we've all established that David Villa is a God on the game? Luca Toni is immense because of his aerial prowess etc.

Although, I'm playing as Sao Paulo so if anyone has any experiences in South America, I'm more than open to suggestions. Right now I'm trying to sort my coaches out so I can improve the quality of training for shooting and attacking and defending etc. It's pretty difficult trying to find coaches.

I've started playing again after about two weeks without. 4th in the Turkish Premier with Kayserispor. I won the league last year on a thrilling final day but that won't be happening this year. Fenerbache have started to pull away, along with Trabzonspor. Besiktas are having their first decent season after two flops. Galatasaraey are stuggling at the minute. 5 games left, hopefully I can secure 4th. It won't matter too much though as I'm in the Turkish Cup final against Fenerbache, so have qualified for Europe anyway. I applied for the Benfica job a month or so ago but they gave it to Sven. I dunno if I'll be here next season.

For the goals he'll probably get you, £8m is a steal. Players such as Villa will be going for like £30m+ so get Moore at £8m while you can, he'll probably sky rocket in price soon, and will do if you sign him and he starts banging them in with ease.

That or just get Carlos Vela from Arsenal :P

For the goals he'll probably get you, £8m is a steal. Players such as Villa will be going for like £30m+ so get Moore at £8m while you can, he'll probably sky rocket in price soon, and will do if you sign him and he starts banging them in with ease.

That or just get Carlos Vela from Arsenal :P