Football Manager 2007

Dan

Oh, I got a question regarding this whole work permit stuff.

In my Chelsea game some guys just don't get work permits, but I can sign them anyway to send them on loans to an European club, that way they can get permission to play in my team [it is Westerlo for me, Belgian League].

The question is: How long does it take before they get a work permit, playing all the time on loan?

Does anybody know?

When you send them to Belgian teams it takes three years.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my Chelsea game some guys just don't get work permits, but I can sign them anyway to send them on loans to an European club, that way they can get permission to play in my team [it is Westerlo for me, Belgian League].

The question is: How long does it take before they get a work permit, playing all the time on loan?

Does anybody know?

Does anybody know?

Is it 3? I thought it was 2, because they were the quickest way possible, oh well. Maybe it is 3 and I'm confused.

I haven't played Football Manager for a while now and I might start playing again soon because it's such a great game. What I was wondering is this: has anybody ever won the Champions League with a team from a country that never wins something, like a team from Northern Ireland, Estonia, Latvia, Finland, or whatever? 'Cause to be honest, that would be one hell of an achievement considering good players probably won't choose to go to some bad football country while they can play in the Premiership or Eredivisie.

I've had people at Belgian clubs stay there for like 3-4 years and still not gain citezenship, some have got it after 3 and some i've had get it after 1. The quick ones I put down to them making a name for themselves and thus gaining a big enough rep to persuade the officials that they deserve a WP. It was often said in guides for the older games that it can work like that sometimes, like Juhninio Paulista going to M'boro.

I had it happen with my young American striker after he kicked ass over in Belgium and ended up getting signing of the season for England. My Mexican goalie was the same, only without the award (to my recolection).

Edited by Richard Ellis

Right, what's better - staying in the Championship and building a decent squad, or getting promoted and probably getting raped?

I left Everton to take over at Nottm Forest last season, and after finishing mid-table (I was there from Jan onwards, they were 21st when I joined), we're now second after 13 games. We're starting to put some distance between us and third placed Leicester, but I'm honestly not sure whether to really root for promotion or not. My defence is awful, and we're only so high because our central midfielders/attackers are on fire.

That being said, I'm not sure whether we've got the funds to completely overhaul 7, 8 players. I'd need two wingers, two full backs, two centre backs and (ideally) two keepers as well.

Edited by therockbox

How the hell are FIFA World Rankings calculated? Brazil and England keep swapping between the #1 and #2 positions each month, despite neither team competing in any kind of match during the interim. :ohwell:

Also, it appears that Mr. Rooney enjoys taking the piss:

Rooney.jpg

I know it's Malta, but those opening 12 minutes were just harsh.

Edited by stokeriño

I haven't played Football Manager for a while now and I might start playing again soon because it's such a great game. What I was wondering is this: has anybody ever won the Champions League with a team from a country that never wins something, like a team from Northern Ireland, Estonia, Latvia, Finland, or whatever? 'Cause to be honest, that would be one hell of an achievement considering good players probably won't choose to go to some bad football country while they can play in the Premiership or Eredivisie.

So it's 2009, and Southampton have quite the managerial couple.. Steve Bruce is manager, with Steve McClaren as his assistant. Quite a drop from England manager.

I, on the other hand, made my way from Tamworth, to Auxuerre, to the England post.

Right, what's better - staying in the Championship and building a decent squad, or getting promoted and probably getting raped?

I left Everton to take over at Nottm Forest last season, and after finishing mid-table (I was there from Jan onwards, they were 21st when I joined), we're now second after 13 games. We're starting to put some distance between us and third placed Leicester, but I'm honestly not sure whether to really root for promotion or not. My defence is awful, and we're only so high because our central midfielders/attackers are on fire.

That being said, I'm not sure whether we've got the funds to completely overhaul 7, 8 players. I'd need two wingers, two full backs, two centre backs and (ideally) two keepers as well.

There's no real question here, surely?

Even if you lose every single game in the Premiership, getting promoted is clearly your only option.

Think of the money ¬_¬ If I was a Forest fan, I'd be pretty pissed to learn that my manager threw away the chance of Premiership football because he was a pussy and doubted we'd have a chance.

I'm not planning on throwing it away, I'm just not sure what to root for. If we get promoted - fantastic, although I don't think staying in the Championship will be such a bad thing.

The finances aren't so bad at the moment either, we're turning a profit each month and the only players that actually want to join (despite being in the top two) are asking for practically nothing.

Hah, James Hunt and Paul Trollope just had a bust-up in my Rovers game. Sometimes, FM is more accurate than you realise ¬_¬

Kind of annoying though, because while Trollope would obviously be the choice to get rid of (he can't play more than two games in a row without nearly dieing, and his Pace is now 1), finding a better assistant would be tough, and obviously as a Rovers fan, firing him would be... difficult.

However, the alternative is... unthinkable. Hunt is our Vieira, our Keane. Firing him would leave a huuuge hole in the midfield, and I can't see any Silva's or Carricks around here...

Will it affect their morale or anything if they're just in the same squad? They're very rarely ever in the same actual team, and I don't think they *ever* played together because Trollope plays in Hunt's position (he also plays on the left wing... but with Pace 1? Please...)). So yeah... thoughts?

What do you do if your most consitantly well performing defensive player hates your currently-irreplaceable assistant manager?

I've had a few bust-ups like that, one with my best defender and top scorer at Everton. After a couple of weeks I got a message telling me they'd resolved their differences, although it didn't really seem to make that much of a difference.

Finally got this game today and I'm loving it so far. A couple of graphics problems though, I've installed kit and logo packs, none of the logos seem to be working and neither is Arsenal's home kit. Anyone had these problems? Anyone able to tell me what packs they downloaded and how they installed them to get them working?

Check the file names in the config file and the actual file name. Sometimes they'll name a kit "liverpool home" but put "liverpool_home" in the config file.

As a side note, the Nottingham Forest chairman is a bastard. He accepts a bid of £1 million for my best centre back, because "it's too good to turn down" which is bollocks in itself. Then I find out that the idiot before me signed him with a 50% sell on fee, so I'm getting £500k for a player that's worth at least four times that.

Guest Zeokage

After playing FM2006 on-off for a year (we're still allowed to talk about that here, right?), I've just become Nationwide North champions with Northwich Victoria with two games left. One loss in the last 28 being the reason for the win after being 16th after 10 games. However it seems that my media handling is a little off. I thought that I should be really optimistic with the media and gave confident answers to my questions, but it seems that a couple of players have taken that to be a bad thing. Could it be that I was too confident?

Same thing happened when my captain went out to a broken leg just 2 games ago. I think I should have said that it was a great loss etc, but went for the option that we had adequate cover (which was a bit of a lie, but it's the media). What would have been the right answer in both cases?

There is no 'right answer'. Players have different personalities.

Some players react well to critisism, some react better to sugar coated words of encouragement. Some react better to being told they're brilliant.

Unless you're lucky and have a team full of players who think exactly alike, no one answer will please everyone. If you say "we have enough cover, we'll be fine", someone might take offense to that because they think they're important and need their ego stroking. But someone else might feel relieved that the team won't go to shit because of thier injury.

It'll say each player's personality on their profile (in the 'Personal' section). That's a good indication, but it's not completely infallible, and some of them aren't entirely obvious. Plus, there are other factors I'm sure, such as how much they've been playing, and their squad status, etc.

I don't worry much about my player's reaction to my comments. If someone reacts really badly, I'll drop them :P For example, as Rovers I usually say that I have a good feeling we're going to win. Craig Disley then has a nervous breakdown and cries. So I just drop him ¬_¬ Whereas, if I say something more along the lines of "Ooh, dunno. This could be a toughie", our younger and less experienced players tend to be put off.

I just told the press that Leam Richardson had an average debut, and I'd be looking for him to perform better in the coming weeks. He got pissy and was man of the match for the next four straight weeks, and was in the next five teams of the week. That's me well and truely told ¬_¬

It depends on what kind of atmosphere you have in the dressing room, which is made up of things like player personalities, morale, etc.

It works the same for team talks, too. Telling Lewis Haldane he's doing really well at half time usually causes him to get cocky and not bother playing for the rest of the game. Whereas telling Byron Anthony he's doing well (which to be honest is a lot less of a lie) causes him to be really happy and play even better in the second half.

You'll get to learn more about your players the more you play. Some players need buttering up and protecting from critisism. Others need a good kick up the arse now and then.

Edit: Hmm, just realised you were on about FM06. I don't know how much of this post is relevent to '06 ¬_¬

Edited by Farmer Reil