Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So into the fourth season at Manchester United, constant stadium expansions have left me with a stupid amount of money so I've bought a couple of big name signings over the seasons. Anyway right now the only player scoring goals is Vidic! I'm drawing games 1-1 or losing 1-0 my team just cannot score, very frustrating seeing as the previous 3 seasons have seen my team score 500+ goals!

After 3 and a half years at Chelsea .. winning 3 premier league's, 1 league cup, 2 FA cups and 4 community shields.. reaching the Champs League final twice and losing .. I quit.. I originally wanted to manage a lower league Spanish team .. but they didn't have any vacancies.. the only job that came up was Hull.. and Paul Jewell's position as Wigan manager was uncertain .. so I declared my interest.. Jewell gets sacked and I'm the new Wigan manager.. 17th place after 10 games.. 3 games later and we're 11th.

I've just started my 4th season as Bayen Munich, I've won four trophys;

*Bundesliga 2007/08

*German Cup 2006/07

*League Cup 2006/07 & 2007/08

My progression in the champions leauge seems to get one better each time, last sixteen in 06/07, quater final in 07/08 and semi final in 08/09...so by that pattern this is the year i land the big one :P

I seem to have a rival in the shape of Louis Van Gaal (Werder Bremen manager) he's constantly knocing my teams title bid, even so i very much rule the tale of the tape between the two teams, played ten, won eight and lost two.

Anyone know a good style of tactic to counter defensive ones? Every single team is using a 4-1-4-1 against me and it's doing my nut in! I just can't seem to break it down.

Continued a network game last night. I'm Aston Villa and they gave me £54m to spend :S

I inherited most of the team, I joined in January and only managed to bring in goal machine Fernando Llorente, Yohann Gourcuff and goalkeeper Lobont. I struggled in the relegation zone for a bit, but I had games in hand and eventually made my way up to around 11th.

So, where to spend £54m? 34-year-old Linvoy Primus was my first choice right back, so I replaced him with Antonio Barragan. I was playing Barry at left back, so I brought in a left back from Chelsea (I got 10% of the fee back, because apparently they'd bought him from Villa before I joined). I also took Shevchenko from Chelsea for the bargain price of £4m. He won't last long, but he should bag me some goals. Chimbonda was brought as cover at right and left back, since he can apparently play either side. I brought in Theo Walcott, who was at Man. City at the time, in an £8m deal. I also spent £8m on Michael Carrick from United, and another £8m on Rio Ferdinand (Arsenal, City and United are all human clubs). I sold Farfan to Barcelona, because I didn't really have a place in the team for the boy. I still have £36m to spend, £5m of which will hopefully go on Marcelo Grohe who's at Arsenal. Lobont is 30 and seems to be injury prone, so I need to start grooming a replacement for him.

First game of the season I got a draw at Ashburton Grove, so I'm happy with that. Europe is the aim, I did quite well in the UEFA Cup when I first joined, beating Real Madrid at home but getting knocked out in the away leg. I think they went on to win it.

Booyah turned my form around :). Thanks to the magic attack of Kaká, Rooney and Ronaldo....and Fernando Torres who hasn't scored since about September and it's now almost January. Though I won't moan as he has quite a lot of assists to his name just wish he could have more than 4 goals to his name this season. I mean Vidic has 5 for goodness sake!

After running away from Villa, I ended up at Boro, 10th in the Championship. Good team, but with terrible form. Managed to slowly work my way up the table, sticking around the playoff places, whilst simultaneously getting great results in the FA Cup. Marica essentially WAS my team, 38 goals in the league for me. Bought in Vasilias Tsiartas and Robert Pires when I first arrived to cover my otherwise bare left wing. Bought in Gareth Bale, Reto Zeigler and Paul Wotton to strengthen the team, before pinching Luke Moore and Didier Digard from Villa - Quieroz had listed them both since taking over. It left me with a very low bank balance, but I figured hey, promotion'll help that. Went on to storm up the league, taking the Championship by four points.

In the FA Cup, I beat Wigan 2-1 in the semis, and ended up with Liverpool in the final. Figured hey, at least I've made it that far, that's something. Still went out swinging. Played my absolute best team. Crouch scores. My heart sinks. It's disallowed. I cheer. Fifteen minutes later, Matthew Bates, who I bought on at half time, and who's been a patchy back-up at best this season, swings in a cross from the right and...it goes in! Fluke goal, but it's never tasted sweeter. I complete an excellent season with the Championship and the FA Cup, AND having turned a profit for the first time I remember.

Got Sebastien Kehl, Stefano Fiore, Ariel Ibagaza, Leroy Lita and Paulo Ferreira hopefully coming in to strengthen the team and allow me to challenge both domestically and in Europe. All on frees too, so it's only my wage budget that takes the fall. I think I may have finally found somewhere I'm happy to stay :shifty:

2019tablefinal.jpg

:w00t:

We won the League Cup as well with a 1-0 win over Charlton, and would've finished higher in the league if two of my defenders had been able to play in the run-in.

Still, after pretty much resigning myself to going straight back down to the Championship (media prediction was rock bottom), I'm really surprised. Champion League next season as well :D

What players do you have in your team? That's an awesome achievement, I managed a similar thing with my Walsall team on '06 when I finished 4th in my first season as well.

Oh, and most important, what skin is that?

Oh nice, make sure you put a pack together and get them to me when you're finished :)

We should all do a face pack, like a mass EWB face pack in the form rockbox started when he had like the Podolski one on his knees with the flag and things like that, if we could get a template sorted or something, would be class.

As requested again, my old 2013 kits, from various leagues...

Aldershot

aldershot.png

Arsenal

arsenal.png

Aston Villa

villa.png

Blackburn

bburn.png

Birmingham

bham.png

Bolton

bolton.png