Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terrible. The highest average rating over a season he's had was for West Brom in the Championship back in 2012/13 (about 6.92), since then he's bounced around clubs in the Premiership. I signed him for Forest (he's 30 now) for £2million, but he's just... crap. Doesn't score, doesn't create, nothing. Sent him to Derby on loan for the rest of the season.

Edited by Daydream Anonymous

It just depends on how you develop him to be honest, it seems that if you leave him for the computer to deal with then he will do shit, but if you get him at a young age he'll be world class. I signed him for like £15m when he was 23 and he had Real Madrid and Europe's elite sniffing around him after two seasons. Easily my best buy in FM 07, throughout all my games.

He was doing poorly in my game, til I signed him to Lyon, he was immense for me.
Edited by Lost Soul

Ok, so my season ended quite mehly, finishing 9th. (Still, it's better than the 12th in my first season).

Anyways, I'm just clicking through the close season when BAM! England offer me the job! Woo!

Edited by Kanegetshighbysmellinhisarmpits

I just considered starting a new game after losing to Bolton 3-0 at home, but I won't. I'm determined to see this one through to at least 2018.

I have to change things though, like how I'm listening to my scouts all the time which makes for good buys but sometimes I'd like to act on instinct. Plus it usually ends up with me buying nothing but foreigners, which I'm not pleased with in the least. I like English teams being mostly English so I'll see how I do with that philosophy from now on.

Chelsea are absolutely running away with the title though, 9 points clear already and we've only played 12 games. At the moment I'll soften my aim to 2nd place and thus the automatic Champions League place, just because it'll be my highest finish.

EDIT: I have a question too. Do teams pick up new rivals along the way by any chance? So say that Tranmere Rovers somehow end up in the Premiership and dominate Europe, would the Merseyside thing make them Liverpool's fierce rivals or will it only ever be the teams that are already there?

Edited by Pescizuna

After 17 games unbeaten with Rangers with only one draw I somehow managed to get beat 6-1 by Kilmarnock. I still can't believe it I fined 10 out of the 11 players in the team with the striker who scored being the only one to get above a 5. I'm still at a loss how I can get beat 6-1 by Kilmarnock!

Maldonando just headbutted someone. He's a mad man. He's banned for three international games for doing it before, and now is banned for 6 more English competition games.

Edited by Lost Soul

Fuck Maldonado. He plays average, gets injured, plays another average game and gets injured again. Delgado was playing poorly, and right when he started to actually play well, he gets injured for 5 months. Then we have Ashley Young, who was playing very well, got injured, and got injured right when he healed. Luke Moore was easily my best player, but they injured him and now he plays shit. Craig Gordon has also been playing like shit, but not as much as Sorensen. Not a single clean sheet, and only one from Gordon anyway. Angel plays well 1 in 10 matches. Fuck it, I have absolutely no consistent player. I almost forgot about that Scottish fullback I bought. He's shit. Gets an error every couple of games.

My team can only play well in the cup. Outside, everyone's shit. I'm battling to save myself from relegation. Every tactic I try ends up with the same result, draw or loss. My team can never hold a lead, and they can never capitalize a good game. We draw, draw, draw, lose, and draw some more. I'm favorite for almost every single match, and they all end up in "unlucky draws". I just wish we could get Delgado back so that we can get a single fucking goal. The rest of the shit up front can't score for their lives. Unless we're losing that is. I was 4-0 against Fullham at the 80th minute. Suddenly, my team decides to play well. We score 1, another, and another in 8 minutes. I'm having huge hopes of drawing. Maloney sends a great pass to Moore, who has ABSOLUTELY NOBODY IN FRONT OF HIM, and has nothing better to do than smash it against the fucking post.

In short, if I get relegated or don't win either the English Cup or the FA Cup, I quit Villa. >_>

As someone also playing as Villa, I have to agree. :shifty:

Although it's October already and Baros still hasn't found his touch. He's only scored once thus far... :( Angel hasn't been scoring since he got injured for 2 months, and Moore's managed about 3. At the moment we're being kept afloat by a few goals from midfield and Reyes, who's managed to score 7 goals in 8 league matches.

Lost 3-2 to St. Etienne in the first match of the UEFA Cup group stage though. Aaaarrrgh. They were the worst team in the group. >_< Not looking forward to facing Liverpool in my first League Cup match either.

Edited by stokeriño

I love my Newcastle team, i've only got through 6 games but they are proving to be fun to manage. The defense needed a boost so i offloaded a few players and signed Hermann Hereiderson to play left back and caught Curtis Davies cheap for 3 million to play him at the back with Taylor. Hermann has been a beaut of a signing, very consistant, always plays a good game. Davies makes mistakes, but i'm hoping that will stop as he gets older, because an average of 2 mistakes per game isn't great compared to other members of my team. I beat the queue and picked up Freddie Adu for 3.5 million and he is out on loan at my new feeder team Luton pushing them to the top of the Championship.

Finally in attack, I have a choice of Ameobi, Martins and Kevin Doyle. All of them have scored 5 goals or more already this season(We've scored 18 and only conceded 2), with Doyle on 7 from 5 games and Martins on 6 from 4. I'm trying to make Ameobi into a target man with both Doyle and Martins playing off him in a tactic that i employed when I won the league with Portsmouth.

I have no money left, but when it comes to the second season if Ameobi doesn't pull it off as a target man i will ship him off and try hard to bring in Giorgios Samaras from Man City or Andrea Colloccini from Palermo. They both have been successful target men for me in the past and could work well with Doyle/Martins and the returning Michael Owen. I'll also try to pick up David Jones from Derby who my scouts have said will be a good buy, the same with Dean Whitehead of Sunderland.

So far though, Freddies happy and so am I.

Edited by L.C.S

As someone also playing as Villa, I have to agree. :shifty:

Although it's October already and Baros still hasn't found his touch. He's only scored once thus far... :( Angel hasn't been scoring since he got injured for 2 months, and Moore's managed about 3. At the moment we're being kept afloat by a few goals from midfield and Reyes, who's managed to score 7 goals in 8 league matches.

Lost 3-2 to St. Etienne in the first match of the UEFA Cup group stage though. Aaaarrrgh. They were the worst team in the group. >_< Not looking forward to facing Liverpool in my first League Cup match either.

After 17 games unbeaten with Rangers with only one draw I somehow managed to get beat 6-1 by Kilmarnock. I still can't believe it I fined 10 out of the 11 players in the team with the striker who scored being the only one to get above a 5. I'm still at a loss how I can get beat 6-1 by Kilmarnock!

haha we hammered them in real life too!

• Admin

Just started a new game with 30 leagues running (I :wub: my machine) as an unemployed ex-Sunday League footballer. Applied for all the vacant positions at the start of the season, and got employment offers from FC Dallas, Ajax Cape Town, Fluminense, NAC Breda, Denizilispor, Montrose and the job I've just accepted - Nantes.

Must be desperate for management to hire an unknown English pub footballer :shifty:.

Wage budget looked quite healthy at first, but was 60K over budget, so I had the remit to reduce it.

No probs I thought. Then I saw the problem. All the high earners are out on loan to other clubs, but we're paying 100% of the wages. So no recall, no termination, no free transfer. Just stuck with them for the year, which also means (after firing a ton of staff and youth squad), I'm still 40k over the budget and can't offer a contract to anyone, not even my existing players.

On the plus side, Arsenal have agreed to give me Aliadiere for the year and they'll still pay his wages.

First league game? Home to Lyon. Let's see how this career goes.

Update #1: After losing 3-1 to Lyon on the opening day, I fired my assistant manager Yaphet N'Doram for being clueless. Having promoted one of my coaches to the job, I saw a vast change in the recommended team, including a young Argentinian called Julio Rossi who was in the reserves, but is actually the best attacking midfielder I've got. Combine that with a change of tactics (4-1-2-1-2, with Luigi Pieroni set as target man and all crosses and long balls to be aimed at him, with Aliadiere / Diallo / Oliech running onto the flicks), and little-fancied Nantes have stormed into 3rd place (only other defeat was away at rivals St. Etienne), as well as advancing to the quarter finals of the Coupe de Lige, including beating Monaco 4-0 away and Marseille 3-2 at home after trailing 2-0 at half time. An inspired shouting at the team did the job :shifty:

De Rocha on the right wing is a revelation, his crossing is great, and Oliech, despite being labelled the worst forward in the squad, has shown pace, skill and great finishing and is banging the goals in.

The question is - can we keep it up and finish in the European slots? Top four for guaranteed european football, fifth for the Intertoto, or win one of the cups - it's a tall order, but the good start should help.

The real interest will come next season when I get can get shot of the high-earners who are out on loan at the moment, then get some money to actually build the squad up a bit (Barthez is in great form, but I'm not going to be able to afford to renew his contract unless we free up some wages, and I still need a reliable centre-back to partner Cetto. Pierre & Guillon are too inconsistent for my liking, but Blackburn turned down my loan offer for Khizanishvili :-()

Guest Ringo Masterson

I started a game as Blackburn and had a torrid first season. Probably my worst in the history of FM >_>. It's like all the good players from real life starting sucking and I had to rely on Emerton and Pedersen to start scoring. Benni McCarthy scored 4 goal all season. Against Watford. In one game.

I finished 16th too. But I won the FA Cup and made it to Europe. With some sales (goodbye McCarthy, Savage and Bentley, never come back) and a few decent purchases like Eddie Johnson (current top scorer in the League), Inzaghi (who's not doing too bad), Materazzi (who's a beast) and having Kalou on loan from Chelsea, I'm currently in January of season two and yo-yoing from 3rd to 8th because the teams seem separated from each other by a two or four points.

Also, Newcastle looks dead certs to go down to the Championship, in which case hello raid. And Juve look certain to go to Serie C, in which case hello other raid :shifty:

Haha. Charlton, Man City and Newcastle all went down. Clubs rape Newcastle, and I join in. My Southampton side won the Championship and still have a load of cash from the takeover.

I got Owen for £9m, Given for £6m and Milner fo £2m. Not bad.

I can also rape City if I want but only Richards takes my fancy. I might grab Bent from Charlton but my strikeforce already is;

Kone, Kershakovic, Owen and Nugent.

Edited by Lost Soul