Football Manager 2007

Dan

My FM 2007 disc has gone AWOL. :angry:

Well, my PC version has. I still have my PSP one, but I wanted to play the full detail version of the game for a chance. Only I can't. Because it's disappeared.

RAWR. :@

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Set his tackling to Easy, if it's not already, and make sure he's not marking tightly or closing down a lot.

Already did both of those. He's calmed down a bit in the back half of the season, unfortunately he's not scoring as much now either :pinch:. Anyway, I'll try what BSIG said if it happens again, if I'm still managing Barca, I've been having a tough time lately - I sold Eto'o in January for 48m to Arsenal and 3 days later Saviola and Sobis got injured for 6 weeks and 3 months respectively, then a week later Defoe got injured for a month. Selling Eto'o jinxed me apparently.

Couldn't bring in Heinze still, but I brought in a Portuguese striker/attacking midfielder, who was nice cover and turned out to be useful in the end with all my injuries up front, and 2 young wing backs, one on either wing, can't remember their names but I think they were - at least one was - suggested in here. However, Zambrotta and van Bronchorst have been playing amazingly since mid-December and thus I haven't had the guts to drop them - they've been the only players constistently doing well these past few months. Tried to sign Casillas and failed, will probably try again in the summer because Victor Valdez is too inconsistent. Also brought in Morientez on the cheap to cover my striker issue.

Anyway yeah, been having a tough time and I applied for the vacant USA job, haven't heard anything yet. Not sure whether I'll take the offer or not when it does come, depends whether I can turn the form around.

Quick question - can I manage a country and club simultaneously? I tried it before, but I don't know if I did it wrong, because I ended up leaving the Republic of Ireland for fucking Coventry :angry:

Quick question - can I manage a country and club simultaneously? I tried it before, but I don't know if I did it wrong, because I ended up leaving the Republic of Ireland for fucking Coventry :angry:

You can yes. I am currently manager of the fucking cup final losing cunts Fluminense and Canada.

Oh just fuck off, fuck off, fuck off! Losing cup finals in the 91st minute should be fucking illegal! :@

It's worse when you have never missed a penalty in actual play or AET, have had 60% of the possession, 5x the shots, had 2 goals disallowed and one of your ex-players score a goal that was offside in the 119th minute.

But yes I agree, it's gutting and there'd be riots if it happened in real life. :crying:

HAH! Ireland U21s 2 - 1 Italy U21s...thats what they get for not scoring more than once with there 17 shots. Great way to start the Euros.

Guest Crockmaster

Anyone else ever signed Tomi Petrescu? I started a game with Inter Turku (Finland) and inherited him from the previous manager - he's quality. Unfortunately he's got a pre-arranged transfer, so he'll be leaving for Tampere United at the end of the year.

I've built up a merry band of English league rejects and old has-beens in the Finnish Premier League. Ex-Leicester man Petrescu, Artim Sakiri from WBA (*Spit*), Kristoffer Weckstrom from Derby, Ville Viljanen from Port Vale - and Nigerian 1994 World Cup star Emmanuel Amunike.

Works suprisingly well. We're still mid-table fodder though. Hi all, first post.

Oh. My. God.

After leaving Fluminense my job search was put on hold during the Gold Cup with Canada. The bad news started before I could pick the squad with Iain Hume and Johnathan De Guzman go down with injuries. With the vague changce of de Guzman making a game in the tourney I took him as one of the few very good players I actually have. Then on the eve of my first game (against USA, great) my keeper Wageneer goes down with a broken toe ruling him out. Since I had only picked one other keeper, young Begovic from Pompey has to come in for his debut.

So, USA murder us 3-1 with a late de Rosairo goal. Then we managed to get enough together to beat Honduras 2-1. The last eight brought us the challenge of Panama and they looked good for their money when they took an early lead. But, the awesome Rob Friend (kinda like the Canuak Peter Crouch, but shorter) thought otherwise and led us to beating them 2-1. Onto the semi-final's and who should await? USA. Oh, and of course Friend goes down with a twisted ankle for a month before the game. Time to get our arses torn open.

ohcanada.jpg

...or not. Everyone played out of their skins, especially Beganov who was playing as if he had the spirit of Yashin in him. Okay, Stalteri is now suspended and the other De Guzman is looking like he will miss the game due to injury and Mexico will wipe us off the map but fuck it. That was one awesome performance from the under-dogs as we hurt America.

OH CANADA!

Anyway yeah, been having a tough time and I applied for the vacant USA job, haven't heard anything yet. Not sure whether I'll take the offer or not when it does come, depends whether I can turn the form around.

I did that year ago.....

Still heard nothing.

Hope we turn our form around then. <_>

Is there any way to see who has a minimum release clause without clicking through each player you're half interested in, clicking "Make an Offer" and looking? Because its hard - obviously - to sign world class players, especially when I can't tap them up for some reason.

Don't they have the minimum release price underneath the player's contract details in his profile, if he has one?

I can't remember, I've been playing the PSP version for so long that I've lost my sense of reality. >_>