Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see why people buy the same players in every game. To me, most of the fun of FM comes from finding an awesome player that nobody has ever heard of before, and turning them into a world class player.

To each their own and everything, but sticking to what you know in every game just seems boring to me.

I don't see why people buy the same players in every game. To me, most of the fun of FM comes from finding an awesome player that nobody has ever heard of before, and turning them into a world class player.

To each their own and everything, but sticking to what you know in every game just seems boring to me.

That's exactly why I don't tend to talk FM to people, as I will just get "lolz so and so is da bomb" off alot of people and when things go to shit I would be tempted to go for these 'super' players. :ohwell:

I just go off of what my scouts tell me. If I'm looking for a striker and I scout just about every striker under the age of 20 in the world, and out of those Aaron Niguez is the only one who comes up as a definite purchase, I'll sign him regardless of whether I've used him before, because if I'm playing a game to win, it wouldn't make sense not to sign the best players I can. If another striker I haven't used before comes up as definite purchase as well, I'll favour him, because I'm not a fan of using the same players twice either, unless it would be counterproductive not to, as in the situation I outlined before.

Different teams have different needs, anyway. I start a game with Liverpool, and I don't have a world-class striker under the age of 25 anywhere in the team. The closest I've got is Craig Lindfield, who I'll give a shot, but I want somebody else to give him more competition. If I start a game as Arsenal, I've got the likes of Van Persie, Adebayor, Vela and that Danish one whose name I can never spell, so young strikers aren't going to be a top priority. On the other hand they haven't got a real wide man, whereas Liverpool is packed full of them. The reason I don't sign the same players is because unless I stick with the same team game-in, game-out, I won't need to keep catering for the same positions.

This is why I start games as unemployed. You have to work your way up, and if you're lucky enough, you'll rise quickly to a high league where you can buy players that are now internationally renown who may actually be regens. Sometimes it takes longer though.

It's the 11/12 season in my game and I'm only at Sampdoria in Serie A, with a guaranteed UEFA Cup spot. The Italian league only allows you to sign one player from a non-EU country per season as well, so it's fucking hard deciding who I want.

Sometimes I see players I've signed or managed nationally in the past and go 'BUT HE'S MY GUY', or I see someone I sold or released become successful at another club I hate it. But I hardly ever sign the same person twice, because the situation is always so different, and the limitations too.

The only players I can remember signing twice were Kerzhakov(anytime I played as Shakhtar I always bought him, that was obviously pre-Sevilla), Guarin(He filled a gap in central midfield and was a guy my scouts suggested twice), and Andres Rios(Both times I've played as Man City I signed him, luckily I've never stuck with either game long enough to see if he pans out)

My defence need to get some self-respect. For so many seasons they were the best in the league and now they're leaking goals everywhere. Luton just put two past us for fuck's sake, and the only reason I won the match was the brilliance of Aaron Niguez, who netted a hattrick. Daniel Agger is dead to me now. He's over the hill at 27. Luckily Tomasso "THE PRODIGY" Franchi has been as awesome as I expected him to be this season, and Godwin Antwi hasn't lost any of his form so hopefully I won't have any more of the problems at the back that led to me losing all three of my first away games.

I finally got Given. Gordon went to Chelsea for $5m. I also had to sell Owen due to him being unhappy and not performing very well. He went to Liverpool for $21m. The first game Delgado starts he scores 4 goals, then scores 1 on the next and then doesn't score. To hell with Owen, I'm more than great with Delgado and Moore, with Abghonlador as backup(sorry if I misspelled). Given has conceded 2 in 3 games, both against West Ham.

And Maloney woke up when Young got injured. He scored an awesome lob over the keeper and then a free kick, and then a free kick the next game. Unfortunately for him, Young is back now, so he'll be sharing the right wing with Petrov and Valencia.

I bought Senna from Villarreal because Maldonado is injured for a few months and McCann just doesn't cut it. He's truly a rock, a bit slow but still good. McCann can cry all he wants now, but he isn't coming off the bench. :P

DAMN YOU PSV EINDHOVEN YOU DUTCH BASTARDS!

OK, so I am Manchester United and I am playing PSV in our second match of the group stage in the Champions League. I guess they had some bad blood against us because in a pre season friendly we beat them 3-1 and in our first match of this group, we beat them 2 nil. So anyway, I fielded my strongest team because I didn’t want to risk losing this match (I drew with Shaktar [sp?] because I didn’t take the game seriously enough) and in the first half, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo and Louis Saha are all injured. I bring on Patrik Berger (newish signing) and David Villa (signed right off the bat. He’s great btw. I love him in the most sexual way possible) and then after about 15 mins in the 2nd half, both Berger and Villa get injured. So for the next 2 weeks to a month, all of these players are out of action. We are 11 matches into the Premiership and currently tied on first place with Chelsea (we’re leading on goal difference)

So yeah, there’s my first little rant in the history FM 07

I didn't realise Patrick Berger was in my Aston Villa squad because he was in the reserves at the start and I hadn't checked that screen. I only realised when I got a message around January telling me that he wanted more first team opportunities. :blush: