Football Manager 2007

Dan

Started a new game with Aston Villa.

11 games into the Premiership, no wins and six draws, can't fucking buy a win.

Bought Luis Fabiano for £8m, he has scored one goal so far. Luke Moore is the shit, John Carew is shit. Wilfred Bouma is the most inconsistent player I've ever seen, he'll get a 4 one game and then 8 the next.

Also signed Luke Young for £3.5m and Flamini for £4m.

I just don't know what to do, my team is usually this:

GK: Sorenson

DR: L. Young

DL: Barry

DC: Mellberg

DC: Bouma

MR: Maloney/Agbonlahor

ML: A. Young/Berger

MC: Petrov

MC: Flamini/Davis

FC: Moore

FC: Luis Fabiano/Carew

Got Chelsea at home in the Carling Cup 4th round next, can't wait. I might go all out attack, got nothing to lose I suppose.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just go off of what my scouts tell me. If I'm looking for a striker and I scout just about every striker under the age of 20 in the world, and out of those Aaron Niguez is the only one who comes up as a definite purchase

I've been trying to get him for a while now. Still no bloody luck <_>

You obviously don't know how to use John Carew right. If you get the best out of him he will bang the goals in for a big man. He was one of the top goalscorers whenever I had him in my team. Use him as a target man. Have some decent attacking wingers with good crossing ability, him up front and you are all set.

14 games into an opening season with Ipswich, 9 wins 3 draws 2 loses, yet i find myself second to West Brom. Early signs are encouraging. Richard Wright and Francis Jeffers have been brought in on loan, went off whats happening/happened in real life for these two and i tell you, Jeffers is amazing, started 11 with 3 sub apperances getting 8 goals. I had to pay 300,000 for a season loan but worth it. Denilson from Arsenal also on loan due to a link between the clubs HAHA well chuffed.

Reading the above in regards to Gooner, get three seasons in and Luke Moore is one of the best players on the game the first season he is always garbage, same goes for Man City's Dean Sturridge if you buy him for 2 mill even though i think he's 16 opening season with the right training and tutoring he becomes one of the best on the game.

yeah I do LoL but who cares :P he'll be released before the real season kicks off now with Mr. Erikkson in-charge. I hope the guy gets battered with abuse everywhere he goes this season.

Anyway, Norwich just scored in the 89th minute for a 1-1 draw, i always hated Huckerby.

Do you guys play your friendlies or do you let your assistant take care of it? I usually let my assistant do them, but I started a new game with Arsenal and I've been playing them and we're doing well so far, so hopefully it'll carry on into the actual season.

I have come to the conclusion that if you go on holiday, it increases the chances of your players suffering serious injuries. I mean, in my first ever game I was Man Utd and I went on holiday through the friendlies, sure we won them all but I look at the squad list and there are 7 serious injuries. All of them top players. The same things happened more than once with me as well

Given is a lifesaver. I noticed it especially against Chelsea, where Squillaci was being particularly shit, leaving Ballack with a free header and causing a penalty. Still, with an awesome shot from Gibsen we finished 3-2, which isn't all that bad. We're 8th in the league too, expected to finish 7th.

On the UEFA Cup I lost 4-0 against Bayern on aggregate, 1-0 at home and 3-0 away. The problem was that Given couldn't be registered, Gordon was sold and Cudicini broke his hip, so all we were left with was my 3rd choice keeper, who blocked one shot and that was all.

Luke Moore is an awesome striker, with the only problem being that he hardly scores, mostly giving assists. I'll just have to wait a season or two before he starts scoring 30 a season. :D

On the transfer market, I'm getting this awesome right back for $15.5m. He'll blow away Wilson and make opponents think twice before going through that wing. I'm hoping anyway. I checked my transfers this season, and I've bought $66m worth of players and sold $60m, which is awesome. And almost half of what I spent was for Given, but it's being worth it, clearly.

Also I'm league cup winner again. In your face Southampton. >_>

Do you guys play your friendlies or do you let your assistant take care of it? I usually let my assistant do them, but I started a new game with Arsenal and I've been playing them and we're doing well so far, so hopefully it'll carry on into the actual season.

Lost 3-2 to Man City away in my opening game. I've been doing great in Europe, although we've been playing random Eastern Europe teams. I got draw in with Roma, Benfica, and AEK in the CL. Playing Everton away as my next Premier League match.

Argh!!!

3-0 up as Arsenal at home to Valencia in the quarter finals of the Champs League and then in the last 5 minutes it becomes 3-3. Now I have to try and win away from home and my team is awful away from home it's why I've been unable to hold a lead in the premiership this season.

I just go off of what my scouts tell me. If I'm looking for a striker and I scout just about every striker under the age of 20 in the world, and out of those Aaron Niguez is the only one who comes up as a definite purchase

I've been trying to get him for a while now. Still no bloody luck <_<

At mid-season I was 9th and the board was happy, and now that I finish 7th and win the League Cup their disappointed.

I could have gotten a Champion's League spot, I'm sure of it. The only problem was that Given broke his finger. He got injured 4 matches before the end of the season, and I lost all four, against Portsmouth, Newcastle, Man Utd and Liverpool. I think I would have been able to win all games except for Liverpool. Too bad my team's moral goes to shit after a goal. Cudicini let in like 9 goals in those 4 games.

I'm like the Messiah at Southampton. The board love me, the fans adore me and want me to stay forever. >_>

Beat Liverpool 4-1 at home and Chelsea 2-1 away. I turned down the Chelsea job in the summer, so beating them on the first time of asking at Stamford Bridge was even sweeter.

Gonna bring in a winger called Silva from Seville for £10.25m. We're 4th in the league. I'm getting pissed with Huntelaar, he just isn't what I expected.

I do have Carlos Vela. He's 19 and started off very well, but he has piped down and is playing at 6's and 7's.

Real Madrid are way down in the league. Capello nearly got sacked last year, but a last surge of results moved them into 2nd and he hung on. I think he'll be gone by Christmas.

Aguirre took over at Chelsea after I turned them down. He has them in 5th position and the media is already on his back. Unlucky. He hasn't spent anything, but has sold Gonzalez and numerous others.

Joe Cole is at Arsenal and is playing very well for both club and country.

Mikel wants out at Chelsea, big time. I can get him on a bosman, so I may go for him then, or arrange a deal with Chelsea for a few million. They wanted £3.9m, but I think I can get him for less sometime next year. Interesting situation because he is definitely going to leave.

How good does it feel to win a tournament, even if it was the most piss easy tournament in the game :P

I am doing a career managing New Zealand and it's a lot of fun. I'm in August of 2008 and so far I have played 12 games, winning 6, losing 3 and drawing 3. Is 12 games in 2 years bad for a national team? it's just so hard to get friendlies...

Anyway, I won the Oceania Nations Cup, facing teams like Tahiti (I won 10-0) and Fiji who I played in the final. In the first leg, we dominated but simply oculdn't score, ending with a 0-0 draw. But in the second leg, we found a second wind and won 4-1 and took home the trophy.

The only thing I don't get, is my players always play fucking awesome against shite teams, and shit against fucking awesome teams. Like against Tahiti, all of my players had a 9 or 10 match rating but when i play teams like Mexico (4-1 loss) every one has a 5 or 6 or 7 rating. They really need to get their As into G because in one week we have 2 games against Cameroon, in Cameroon then the following month a home match against fierce rivals, Aussie. Should be a lot of fun. My main aim is to qualify for the 2010 world cup.

In other news, I just thought this was interesting... Serbia won Euro 2008, beating England 5-4 on penalties. All the managers from the top nations were sacked besides England. (i.e) France, Italy, Spain etc. due to poor performances at the tourny :D

Finished the season with Villa. Ended up coming 9th, semi finals of the Carling Cup and quater finals of the FA Cup. Not a bad season in the end.

Got rewarded with a new 2 year contract.

I signed Defoe for £9.5m at the end of the january transfer window, he ended up scoring about 9 goals, him Moore and Fabiano have formed a great strike force.

In the summer I signed Tascri (?) from Dortmund i think, for £9m. Drenthe for £12m and Lionel Scaloni on a free and Billy Jones for £2m.

Won the first game of the season at home to City 3-0, Drenthe was MoM, looking good for this year, hopefully I'll get into Europe.

All my free/cheap prospects have arrived. I got a 19-year old turkish defender who is almost is almost as good as Mellberg and another one that's supposed to become better than Mellberg. Also got a german striker on a free who's touted to be what I guess is a famous german striker.

Finally Jack Hobbs, who I bought for $6m for no reason, has become a good defender, and he'll most likely get better. Not good enough to be better than Mellberg and Tamas, though. Zoltan Stieber is also becoming good, he'll probably be a backup as Young is still...young.

And I got a 21 year old regen from Milan for $15.5m, I think his name is Marvin.. He's playing much better than Moore, so I'll probably sell Moore if he doesn't become good and buy a good back up for cheaper. The player I bought scored on his first match against Dynamo Moscow winning us the match, coming on for Moore. He's an awesome striker when playing with Delgado, not so much with Moore.

Also had a horrible start to the season, winning 1 and drawing 3 of the first 8 games. A small change in tactics along with Marvin coming back from injury(stupid russian butchers...) ended in a 3-0 win.

I don't like the group I got in the UEFA cup. Anderletch and Udinese...luckily AZ was the top seed. I'll still get through as always. :P