Football Manager 2007

Dan

Finally got 7.0.2 working so yeah, next time there's an online game going, I'm in, should be an easy win for all of you ;)

So I did the Hamachi thing just to test out what the fuck I was doing and joined the EWB FM network, or at least I think I did, the list of player has come up, but my nickname isn't on there, should that be so or do I have to do something else to join?

Edited by - Matt -

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After millions spent I have finally turned my Southampton side into a massive force in the Premiership. I was satisfied on getting a Champions League place this season, but we pushed on and managed to seriously challenge Arsenal at the top. Went into the second last game of the season, we needed to beat Man Utd, and we could only drew 0-0. I'm happy. We did the double over Chelsea, beat Man Utd and Arsenal throughout the season.

What did we need for the Premiership and the Champions League next year? Aguerro from Athletico.

I managed to beat off interest from Europe's elite to sign him for £44m. He better pay off. I'm gonna sell Huntelaar because he hasn't been that good at all for me and just seems to drag on. I have Carlos Vela as well, and Daniel Sturridge is signing from Watford for £7m. Much love for Sturridge.

I'm gonna have Guardado and Silva on the wings next year. I'll sell Shaun Wright-Phillips. Already sold Arteta to Athletic Madrid for £12m. Might sell a few others.

Poor Reading were taken over last year and spent like £50m on new players. They were pathetically relegated this season and went into major debt. They have managed to reconstruct it, but they're still playing Championship football next year. After coming up from the Championship Newcastle are straight back down, along with Fulham. Only good thing about Newcastle's season was their new player Kieron Dixon who appears to have came through from their youth. Pity he was injured most of last season, but he is a great find. I may have to snipe him.

Makoun and Sissoko are being chased, but I wanna keep those two. Fantastic together.

GAH! I hate myself :(

I love the stuff I've done with my Liverpool team in the past seven years but as I said before, it's a dead-end game. I have nowhere to go if I get bored. Arsenal didn't hire me last time, nor did Man United. Jose Mourinho is in no danger at all of being sacked from Chelsea. I don't have any other leagues playable except for the Championship, and that's shite :@

I started a new game with Spurs last night (more leagues turned on), but after playing to September I still didn't feel contented.

The fact that I'm having a poor spell at the Pool doesn't help either. Somehow I'm third after 14 or 15 games, but I've lost 6 from 14 so I don't know how. I'll trudge on through, at least for now. I have poker tonight so I'll play until then and see how it goes.

Your name is in there. Though apparently I have no connection to you. Are you behind a firewall?

Indeed I could be, but if I'm there, I suppose I'm there :P I just couldn't see my own name on the list, I was wondering if you were supposed to be able to or not.

Pesci, that happens to me all the time (Liverpool losing consistently), I've found that a completely new formation and tactics can work wonders.

God damn Sheffield Utd! With their fucking magical keeper catching all 16 shots on target! And in the 95th minute they get a shot, which Given blocked and the ball ended in a conviniently offside striker who scored. The assistant completely missed it, the FA fell silent, and then the lights went out, so it all ended up being nothing.

Also tied with Middlesbrough. They scored at the 82nd minute. Bastards...

Good thing the lights went out. I thought I had broken my mouse, but I managed to fix it. >_>

Now I'm gonna spend money on defenders who already are good. The only problem is that they're all in big clubs and don't want to join me. All I have is a bunch of defenders with potential...

God damn Sheffield Utd! With their fucking magical keeper catching all 16 shots on target! And in the 95th minute they get a shot, which Given blocked and the ball ended in a conviniently offside striker who scored. The assistant completely missed it, the FA fell silent, and then the lights went out, so it all ended up being nothing.

Also tied with Middlesbrough. They scored at the 82nd minute. Bastards...

Good thing the lights went out. I thought I had broken my mouse, but I managed to fix it. >_>

Now I'm gonna spend money on defenders who already are good. The only problem is that they're all in big clubs and don't want to join me. All I have is a bunch of defenders with potential...

What the fuck? So I've started a new game with Tottenham, and usually I don't pay attention to the youth team's training schemes, but this time I thought I'd do it, but I imported someone else's youth schemes (for the sake of simplicity, I don't do it with seniors but...) So I imported them, and then I go to check my senior training and they're all now training under their youth equivalent. i.e. strikers are doing youth striker training.

I've never even touched the training. Not senior, not youth. I just can't be bothered. I looked at it when I first got the game, and it perplexed me.

I just realised that Matt Eckersley, a regen I bought from Reading a couple of seasons ago, comes from Warmley, just down the road from me. Like a ten minute walk, or a two minute drive. That's fucking awesome, I'm giving him a Jesus push next season. Warmley isn't exactly a big place or anything, nobody comes from Warmley. :shifty: It must be destiny.

GAH! I hate myself :(

I love the stuff I've done with my Liverpool team in the past seven years but as I said before, it's a dead-end game. I have nowhere to go if I get bored. Arsenal didn't hire me last time, nor did Man United. Jose Mourinho is in no danger at all of being sacked from Chelsea. I don't have any other leagues playable except for the Championship, and that's shite :@

I started a new game with Spurs last night (more leagues turned on), but after playing to September I still didn't feel contented.

The fact that I'm having a poor spell at the Pool doesn't help either. Somehow I'm third after 14 or 15 games, but I've lost 6 from 14 so I don't know how. I'll trudge on through, at least for now. I have poker tonight so I'll play until then and see how it goes.

So I've decided to try something totally new. I decided to play in the land of rich bastards; Russia. I picked Torpedo Moscow 'cause they have a cool name and I expected to have a sugar daddy like most Moscow teams but.....375.000 to spend, fuck yeah. I found out that in real life Torpedo has relegated from the Premier Division, which means I'm basically playing with the worst team in Moscow, yay. I couldn't attract anybody before the competition started (except for one guy on loan from CSKA Moscow Reserves, woop). Yet after 11 matches I'm lying in Sixth place, I am so happy. The board is expecting me to fight to get out of the relegation zone so you can imagine how happy they are now. I beat Dinamo and CSKA Moscow, woot.

Anyways, what I want to say is I hate how I ALWAYS get a HUGE amount of injuries in my first season with any team. At one point I had 7 people injured, and 6 of them were starting eleven players. Every game someone needs to be subbed because of an injury, it's madness.

I'm gonna take a break from this game for a while. All these 96th minute draws and losses along with 10+ shots a game with no scoring is getting on my nerves. Besides, Given does as bad as Gordon who did as bad as Cudicini who does as bad as Sorensen did. And every keeper, whether with shit skills or not, just blocks shot after shot after shot.

I think I just realized how unrealistic this game is. I'll just wait for FM08 or at least some sort of patch.

I also realized I might need anger management. >_>

Fuck David Moores. Ever since I bought Tomasso Franchi, I've had club after club enquiring as to his valuation. I bought Franchi when he was 15, and teams like Chelsea have been ruthlessly persisting for the past six years, even after I've said "NO, FUCK OFF" more times than I care to recount. Well anyway, for the past two seasons I've been telling clubs they can speak to him for 20 million. I didn't actually think anybody would pay it. Now that I've actually given him a run in the first team and he's become a fantastic partner to Godwin Antwi, Chelsea actually bid 20m at the start of December. Shocked, I considered their bid and said no because I knew that finding a good central defender with Franchi's consistency will be hard, even for 20m. Only instead of saying no, I set his price to 30m instead. Chelsea go away.

Then, Tottenham bid 13.25m for Franchi. And that CUNT David Moores accepts the bid, saying it's too good to turn down. WHAT?! He's Tomasso "THE PRODIGY" Franchi, and he's going to become the best defender in the world! Long story short, he agrees terms with Spurs and now he's gone. The player I spotted wasting away in Catania's youth team, the player I transformed from a nobody to the most sought-after player in the world just ups and leaves. This is similar to how Moores accepted Barcelon's 9m offer for Barragan in my second season :(

So now I'm looking for a replacement, and hey, I've got about 70m to spend. I'm going to run that cunt Moores dry.

This is rubbish. Started a new game with Tottenham, and after 6 weeks Berbatov, Defoe, Keane and Mido are all out injured, ranging from a month to 3 months. I loaned this Spanish dude Alberto Bueno who looks alright but I'll have to rely on my shit strikers for a couple of games.

David Villa you bastard. I don't get it. This guy came to Man U and was playing so well but for the past few games, he has been playing like shit. He was leading the goalscoring in the premiership after 15 games but now is nowhere near the top (Alan Smith is coming 3rd though and he has missed about 5 or so games.) Anyway, the reason Villa is a bastard is this:

I get drawn in the third round of the FA Cup against none other than Chelsea which obviously sucks. Fast forward to half time of said game, we are down 2-0 and really needing a boost. The second half was amazing and we really dominated (after the game, we were refered to as the dominant team) and Ryan Giggs scores a great free kick in about the 75th minute. So it's 2-1 and we are relentless attacking, until Chelsea get a corner in the 88th minute. All of a sudden theres a scuffle and David Villa gets sent off as Joe Cole scores a penaly kick, sealing the game for Chelsea that I really believed we could have turned around. So later on I get a message saying that the disciplinairy commitee has decided that David Villa will be banned for 6 English matches so i go to check the match report of said game and it turns out he headbutted John Terry. Headbutted. That's so 2006 World Cup. Ergo, he was punished with a loss of 2 weeks wages. He thought it was unfair, well fuck him. Fuck him right in the ear.

Anyway, to create a discussion, how do you guys watch your games? Key, Extended or Full match.

Myself, if I am losing by around two and there is 20 or so minutes to go, I watch it in full because I feel if you use 'Key' it skips a lot of your chances to score and whatnot. But usually, I use extended.